Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Sucks, Everything About Them Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had enough of my H, after two months of owning it, nothing but problems, it actually charged at me on two occasions, was lucky to get out of the way!
I have now bought the Phantom 4 and am very happy with it.
excellent :) now go and spam DJI forum:)

I had enough of my H, after two months of owning it, nothing but problems, it actually charged at me on two occasions, was lucky to get out of the way!
I have now bought the Phantom 4 and am very happy with it.
You had a thread running, Motor Failure what happened, did you get your h back and was it ok or not? Are you in the EU or US and was it Pro or adv model.

Reactions: Max Gibson
Come on and bring out the bashers! But it's time for all of you to wake up and smell the roses! I have a great camera, no focus or anything needed! My H has been perfect till the 7/16 upgrade, then it crashed from a hover(Yes , allthe proper cali's and expert flight checks) Just crashed, Yuneec is so stupid, they can't even tell my why!, Sent in, repaired, but only fly's 600-900 feet and "wammo" not telemetry!, Yuneec CS told me in three conversations to do this and do that, No better whatsoever!. Called this morning and one told me to redo the firmware, doubted his knowledge, but did any ways!, Well the piece of sh*t flew away, and if it was not for my quick thinking and years of RC knowledge it would be back in China!, Brought it home in non gps and had to fight it to land and shut off!
Now they say send it in to a bunch of techs that screwed it up the first time!.
This is in a box waiting for Monday morning.
The last Yuneec item, I will ever throw my cash away on! and I know they don't give a flying sh*t either.
I fly professionally and need reliability and safe performance ! Not a rushed out toy, made in China!
From now on, "MADE IN THE USA", Germany, or Europe! Till then I will build my own units and have only me to blame!!!!
I will never never buy this Chinese pos again. Every piece of it is made of the cheapest materials

Enjoy DJI's great customer service, sounds to me like your problem with the H was you didn't know how to adjust flight mode settings or understand the difference between the flight modes. Perhaps it "flew back at you" to remind you to read the manual....

Righteous Ventilation !:eek:

I also had a great flying TH until the first update, then telemetry and GPS problems, after three birds and many conversations with Yuneec, they finally came out with a good update last week, After reading other location, I also found that it was very important to let the TH sit after the first startup for 12.5 minutes to allow the GPS to properly register. Now the TH is flying well again, stable and responsive. Many others on several other sites are also back to flying well again. You might try it one more time.
I will continue now with this great UAV, BUT I will not do any more updates until there are plenty of reviews showing they are good to go with no issues.
Good Luck and Thanks for all of your input on the blogs.

I also had a great flying TH until the first update, then telemetry and GPS problems, after three birds and many conversations with Yuneec, they finally came out with a good update last week, After reading other location, I also found that it was very important to let the TH sit after the first startup for 12.5 minutes to allow the GPS to properly register. Now the TH is flying well again, stable and responsive. Many others on several other sites are also back to flying well again. You might try it one more time.
I will continue now with this great UAV, BUT I will not do any more updates until there are plenty of reviews showing they are good to go with no issues.
Good Luck and Thanks for all of your input on the blogs.

I too just about gave up on both of my H's. I had one that flew away and Yuneec fixed it, and the other one was dead in its tracks right out of the box. They "supposedly" fixed that one... I've posted my sob story many times on this forum so I won't get back into it.
Bottom line is the brand new firmware update that just came out on the 27th or something fixed EVERYTHING like magic. All GPS and compass errors, etc. and I have had about 15 successful flights without a single glitch. It was amazing because it was a paper weight before the most recent update. I couldn't believe it.
I still haven't updated the firmware on my other H, I'm still running the July update just in case because it flies just fine. I will in about a week if this new firmware proves to be stable.

I realize there are many here who have closed their minds to Yuneec....both products and CS. However, I for one made what I believed was the best, most researched and well informed choice possible when I pre-ordered my H. Mine was one of those that came with a good camera and never had any flight problems and got better with each firmware update
I am sad to hear your experience. No questions, you said it all. I applaud you for doing the right thing and hoping for the best, not flying childishly off the handle and ranting. With your good attitude you will ultimately come out ahead. Keep on it, and keep a record of everything.
I realize there are many here who have closed their minds to Yuneec....both products and CS. However, I for one made what I believed was the best, most researched and well informed choice possible when I pre-ordered my H. I still believe I made the right choice for me and my new UAV business having recently gotten my Remote Pilot Certificate.

That said, I truly sympathize with all those who have had so many real hardware and software issues. I know they are very real and not imagined. But now I must stand up and applaud Yuneec CS here in the U.S. as well as still believe that Yuneec will surpass their growing pains and make the H so much more capable than it is today. I'm invested in that proposition and will remain so until I have no other choice. Will I one day own a DJI bird? I don't know... maybe, but not now.

My H was one of those that came with a good camera and never had any flight problems... got better with each firmware update...until the 9/13 update when my bird shutdown completely and dropped 40 feet from a hover as detailed in my last post. My H and flightlog was shipped to Yuneec on the 14th. I just received notice this past Wednesday that my H has been shipped back... $826 in damage, fully repaired, new camera and gimbal, no charge. It was fully apparent from telemetry that it was a full warranty issue. I'm amazed at the turnaround time and can only hope the repaired bird flies as well as before with the latest update. All CS I spoke to were not only professional and helpful as always, but we're eager to help me resolve my unexplained crash as quickly as possible. However, I never dreamed they would have my H back to me (scheduled delivery October 4th) in under 3 weeks. I know many of you have not had such an experience, and I'm very sorry for that. But I remain a Yuneec fan! We all have our expectations and needs... so my best wishes to all of you, DJI, Yuneec, or other.

It's so discouraging to hear this especially #1s original complaint. The Drone Clones previous posts have always been an encouragement and I've learned a lot from him experience. So this has to be really bad for him to voice this discontent like he has.
As a new pilot, I am extremely hesitant in doing any firmware updates. Is it is safe bet to have the mindset, "if it ain't broke, don't attempt to fix" I own a Q500S and it flies perfectly. I had sent it back to a yuneec 3 days after I bought it due to what I feel was a problem. It had crashed but it never made it anymore then 1 foot off the ground. Anyway they repaired it and it took 2.5 months to get it back. Everything was no charge but the time frame was not great . It was sent back to me about 2 months ago. I don't know what version the firmware is because I haven't set up the GUI yet but plan on it sometime today. What is the latest upgrade of firmware. I'm sure the GUI will tell me what it has now. Also what date did the latest update become published.
In the future if a new update comes out do I not update at all if all is flying well?
It's like Apple. I don't upgrade my phone with their updates unless I truly have to.

My thinking is firmware upgrades at this early part of the life of the TH,firmware upgrades are going to be required. However a pause to see how those that had no choice but to upgrade as they had problems specifically addressed in the update may be wise.

I will continue to install code when available. I have a growing comfort that the code is going to get better and less "cowboy like" in deployment going forward.

We can't all sit back and wait but being smart about when we do it is also a good idea.

Last edited:
There is a shocking amount of variance in these machines.... some people rock solid, others nightmare after nightmare....

They MUST be using different vendors for some of their parts or something.
Wow, is ashamed you've had such a bad experience. My Typhoon H seems rock solid. Lemon cars, lemon drones I guess. It does everything as advertised without issue.

The typhoon H is the cheapest made done I have ever owned. Never again. They should may this right our they will go out of business. To **** will them.
I would argue that I have several very much cheaper made drones and they all work just fine. My Syma X5C for one, $39.95, and
my MJX X600 hexa for another $49.95. All made in China just like DJI in Shenzhen in the Guangdong manufacturing hub.

This is the problem with forums, on one hand you have someone who hopes a business goes under which will result in loss of jobs, and also loss of a serious competitor to keep the other companies honest and on the other hand you have people who despite the obvious shortcomings of a product or company they defend it to the end.

sdharris - I think your right in any business going out of business doesn't do any good for anyone. Current owners and future ones. A healthy competition always makes for better products.

The emotional effects of what Yuneec has done are hard to shake off. Lots of these comments about "they will" or "I hope they do" are all signs of this. People can feel how ever they like, but its best to find constructive ways to resolve it. Sometimes its better for everyone if the business partnership is dissolved and they each got their own way.

Some people have got to that point, some people maybe can't afford to be in this situation, for financial or other reasons. I think can all agree that until there is a general "better feeling" about this platform its going to not be great conversations in all threads here or any forum. I have had my rants, and I'm still not thrilled about whats going on but the Sept 26th code was a major step forward for me and many others. if they are refocused on this software and hear the out cry for better - that all serves the greater good.

If no one complained or voiced concerned, showed emotional responses and expected this to be right there would be no corrections made.

I will offer that if there was for example no ability for anyone to file lawsuits in liability cases or similar no manufacture would have a powerful incentive to avoid the issues in the first place. The outcry here (and other places) serves the purpose of causing the corrections we need. All input into these issues however positioned (Good, Bad, Ugly, Anger, Sarcasm, Humor or even in poor taste) causes change to take place.

I think they will make it past these issues, but none of us should sit back and let them believe there was no harm for what has happened. Its not like we are waiting on a new feature - some of us are/were waiting to be able to use the product and could not even fly it.

Reactions: Dariusmixich
My YTH PRO RS is well built, has been rock solid all the time (from FW2.10 to 2.25) and once e.g. did a brilliant RTH on RC signal loss (due to obscurance).
The use of carbon fibre is much more innovative than using plastic shells for e.g. motor arms.
Unfortunately the YTH had some severe software glitches for some users which is really a pity for Yuneec, because they came out with a really unique concept (pun intended). I hope that all the great features like high up landing gear, endless 360° 3-axis-gimbal, modular design for changeable camera and add on modules like Real Sense etc. are having a great future. The hexacopter design's wind stability and motor failure redundancy are also market leading in this segment...

My YTH PRO RS is well built, has been rock solid all the time (from FW2.10 to 2.25) and once e.g. did a brilliant RTH on RC signal loss (due to obscurance).
The use of carbon fibre is much more innovative than using plastic shells for e.g. motor arms.
Unfortunately the YTH had some severe software glitches for some users which is really a pity for Yuneec, because they came out with a really unique concept (pun intended). I hope that all the great features like high up landing gear, endless 360° 3-axis-gimbal, modular design for changeable camera and add on modules like Real Sense etc. are having a great future. The hexacopter design's wind stability and motor failure redundancy are also market leading in this segment...

I back the the TH hardware is well built also.... No feelings of shame for me when people see this thing they are wowed.... Being built in China and poor quality are not the same thing. That thinking went out style (and untrue) decades ago. At the heart of many of these products are American companies telling them how to built it - and its just as easy to ask for and insist on good quality as it is to insist and ask for lower quality. Profit targets drive these decisions now not location of manufacture. And all that aside, Chinese culture I feel is a very proud one, they are just as product of what they accomplish as the rest of the world.

The software needs work for sure at this moment... but it is totally not fair to say the built quality is universaly bad. Someone may have picked poor designed parts maybe on a few internal bits, but to call out country of origin as the reason for that is not fair either. in the last 30 days we have moved a very significant distance to functional software... but baggage of the last few months has been piled on pretty high. (and yes I threw some on that pile too, hoping to be able to take a few off the heap soon!)

Have lost all confidence in Yhneec
The camera on the Typhoon 500 was crap. No focus Ibwent through 4 cameras all crap. Changed to Typhoon H. Camera crap. Exchanged once. No better so am going to sell and moving back to DJi
Anyone want an H. Extra battery. Grp hard case. Prop guards on their way from China this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech