Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Sucks, Everything About Them Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have lost all confidence in Yhneec
The camera on the Typhoon 500 was crap. No focus Ibwent through 4 cameras all crap. Changed to Typhoon H. Camera crap. Exchanged once. No better so am going to sell and moving back to DJi
Anyone want an H. Extra battery. Grp hard case. Prop guards on their way from China this week
Try again with your camera, even if it means refocusing, once you get a good image from it I'm sure you won't give it up...so much more you can do with the H than P, i.e that 360 gimbal opens up so many more shots.

The camera on the Typhoon 500 was crap. No focus Ibwent through 4 cameras all crap. Changed to Typhoon H. Camera crap. Exchanged once. No better so am going to sell and moving back to DJi
Anyone want an H. Extra battery. Grp hard case. Prop guards on their way from China this week

Goodbye, there's the door.

Reactions: Tuna and Max Gibson
When something doesn't work right, people complain. When it works rights, they go about playing with the toy as usual and very few would say nice words about it. So naturally when they come to a forum like this and a handful say the H sucks and people after them see the complaints they might conclude they should stay away from H. For every complaint about a product, there are a lot of people who are happy.. and they say nothing. You won't see the compliments. People are eager to complain but not to praise.

I am sorry for the people who are having a bad experience with H. I am happy with mine. I crashed it twice and sent it for repair. It was my fault both times.

As for the "Made in China" thing, isn't DJI a Chinese company and their drones are made in China? Which drone in the same league as the H is made in the US?

Reactions: Rayray
Come on and bring out the bashers! But it's time for all of you to wake up and smell the roses! I have a great camera, no focus or anything needed! My H has been perfect till the 7/16 upgrade, then it crashed from a hover(Yes , all the proper cali's and expert flight checks) Just crashed, Yuneec is so stupid, they can't even tell my why!, Sent in, repaired, but only fly's 600-900 feet and "wammo" not telemetry!, Yuneec CS told me in three conversations to do this and do that, No better whatsoever!. Called this morning and one told me to redo the firmware, doubted his knowledge, but did any ways!, Well the piece of sh*t flew away, and if it was not for my quick thinking and years of RC knowledge it would be back in China!, Brought it home in non gps and had to fight it to land and shut off!
Now they say send it in to a bunch of techs that screwed it up the first time!.
This is in a box waiting for Monday morning.
The last Yuneec item, I will ever throw my cash away on! and I know they don't give a flying sh*t either.
I fly professionally and need reliability and safe performance ! Not a rushed out toy, made in China!
From now on, "MADE IN THE USA", Auzzie, or Europe! Till then I will build my own units and have only me to blame!!!!

Well i guess its a good thing i haven't flown mine since june!.. Have not updated the firmware since the very first one.. And from what i read i not going to..
When i can fly again i will keep it on the version its running.. Tooo scary to upgrade!

... I have the H and the H Pro at the moment -we are upgrading and so far both aircraft are fully upgraded with the latest firmware.
Rock solid no issues ... flying out to 2000M (2K) and back.
The Sony sensor on the H is good - the lens works as you would expect for an infinity focus lens of any sort.
I work as a Pro photographer and when I do "Stitch work" with this lens its great, its also ok for reasonably close in shots as well.
Would I like better - **** YES.
The market for ALL drones is really still quite new.

Over 100 hours of flight time with the Q500 4K the H and the Tornado H920 NO flyaways (Touch wood) and no issues in general.

Have a few mates with other manufacturers and with Yuneec have had issues with this sort of thing.

Its not limited to mass manufacturing though - plenty of self built guys have accidents and fly offs all the time... you might not like the facts ... but in this area for now at least it is what occasionally happens, you got a lemon - probably built on a Friday as well.
Demand a complete new one ... or not. Buy a new one different mob ... or not ... build your own ... in any case it will always be when it comes away not if.
Fly enough and fly with maintenance completed you will minimise the risk .... and hopefully even avoid it.

Good luck with the future project.

Well i guess its a good thing i haven't flown mine since june!.. Have not updated the firmware since the very first one.. And from what i read i not going to..
When i can fly again i will keep it on the version its running.. Tooo scary to upgrade!
Despite your fear from what you've read, at least you have a choice on when to upgrade your firmware. DJI eventually forces you to upgrade the firmware, at least with the Inspire. If the firmware is too far out of date the Inspire will remain grounded until you upgrade. This was one of my sticking points and why I went with the H Pro. What if DJI goes under, or decides to no longer support their drone? After enough time does it eventually become a brick? I really despise forced obsolescence.

Reactions: Doc52
Come on and bring out the bashers! But it's time for all of you to wake up and smell the roses! I have a great camera, no focus or anything needed! My H has been perfect till the 7/16 upgrade, then it crashed from a hover(Yes , all the proper cali's and expert flight checks) Just crashed, Yuneec is so stupid, they can't even tell my why!, Sent in, repaired, but only fly's 600-900 feet and "wammo" not telemetry!, Yuneec CS told me in three conversations to do this and do that, No better whatsoever!. Called this morning and one told me to redo the firmware, doubted his knowledge, but did any ways!, Well the piece of sh*t flew away, and if it was not for my quick thinking and years of RC knowledge it would be back in China!, Brought it home in non gps and had to fight it to land and shut off!
The last Yuneec item, I will ever throw my cash away on! and I know they don't give a flying sh*t either.
I fly professionally and need reliability and safe performance ! Not a rushed out toy, made in China!
From now on, "MADE IN THE USA", Auzzie, or Europe! Till then I will build my own units and have only me to blame!!!!

I ran into a bad situation myself. The thing had a mind of its own. it approached me without me telling it, and tried to land while I had it in angle mode. It was also wobbling back and forth. Well, I tried to control it but it wanted to land and it broke a leg.

As I have posted this in other forums - wasn't sure I should repeat t here, but here it is...

Hi Guys I thought I would share something I just wrote to a supplier. Hope its ok to post it.

Have been reading about fly aways and various aircraft and manufacturers.
After our discussion I thought I would give you a view of what I am seeing and believe is occurring in the area.
As a background I do not have “Major” experience in the RPA area and am still learning myself, this never really stops.
I have over 100 hours of flight time of which some 60 or so hours are logged on three different types of RPA.
With some 300 plus hours of flight time on RC planes. (Given that was many years ago.)
I also have over 10 years of maintenance on FAA 18 Hornets and was a qualified Aircraft Mechanic Electrical in the Civilian area.
First off there are no restrictions on anyone – ALL makers of Remotely Piloted Aircraft suffer from “Fly Aways” ALL of them.
All of them also have other issues – some of which are “Slowly” being addressed.
If you read all the forums everyone has had issues of some kind.
Some may argue that one or another company have more or less than the other, personally I believe them all to be on par.
What can cause these to happen ? Or indeed cause any failure of an RPA ?
Here is a small list - not limited to any or all.
ESC Failure
GPS signal induced Failures – Fly Aways etc …
Poor Battery Maintenance
Losing Line of sight
Propeller Failures
Motor lifing issues
Bad soldering and construction
To name a few….
On the Pilot side many of these can be attributed to Poor Aircraft Maintenance in general and a real lack of understanding of what the pilot actually owns –
An Aircraft.
This is an item that many people fail to come to understand.
In that I mean – it is an electrical / mechanical item made by a person that will at some stage fail.
Parts wear out, people treat the item badly and fly them when they should not and expect them to just fly, without any care, forever.
In some cases we have the weekend guys that fly as a hobby or someone that has bought something for general fun, for themselves or their kids.
These guys can have some knowledge and with the serious hobbyist indeed quite a lot of knowledge, gained over many years of experience.
But the general user, weekend or otherwise almost never have a running log of maintenance checks or even preventative checks in any way.
They almost always just take the RPA out on a whim and almost never do research into what they will be doing or where and when they will fly.
For instance:
The GPS signals on an RPA can be interfered with if the K index is too high .. 7 or more can be a bad day to fly.
Essentially this is a magnetic storm / flare from the sun that can cause disturbances in the ionosphere.
During a storm the GPS signal an RPA gets from the satellites and then uses in its receivers can be “bent”, you can lose locks on satellites and your RPA can drift.
Some would say this causes only a minor drift … 100ft or so I’m not sure 100ft is minor and if the RPA loses enough signals in succession I believe it can get lost and possibly fly away.
However this comes back to the pilot keeping an eye on the weather – K index – Maintenance and other variables.
Do you know what the K index is before you fly ?
What about the area you are about to fly in ?
The manufacturer should supply an RPA in good condition to start with - then the Pilot should maintain it and do due diligence on the day of the flight.
With all conditions in mind, area, weather, safety K index, pilots readiness(Tired etc) and other variables.
After all this the pilot should actually have those facts in his / her possession, copies of the area they are flying in the weather, K index, a printout of the flight area / google map, log of battery usage and voltages etc.
Then if an RPA has a fly away or accident it can be presented to the manufacturer and perhaps it can be shown to be a firmware fault or aircraft issue that warrants a replacement etc.
Simply ringing a supplier and saying hey my RPA flew away and it wasn’t my fault really is not good enough.
Was the aircraft at the right height – did the pilot override the height restriction, were the winds at the op height too much for the RPA ?
Was the K index insane that day ?
Did the Pilot charge the batteries enough ?
If so how long have you had them and have you charted the use and voltages ?
You consider a near new battery ok for a 20 min flight. Then you go out one day expecting 20min.
You fly close for 10min … then fly at range for 5 min – expecting another 5 min to come back – and it doesn’t make it.
If you track the battery you will see a degradation over time and get less flight time as you go on.
This is normal wear and tear, the same for motors, Blades and other items on your RPA.
What I do task with is the fact manufacturers will not supply a maintenance sheet for their RPA
Nor will they give out an expected means between failure for the motors and other equipment on the RPA.
Simplistic Example: The following is only made up numbers.
I understand if company A gives you an expected life of say 250 hours for a motor and it dies at 249 hours - the client screams warranty …. It was 1 hour short of its life expectancy.
The company has to the replace X motors.
Seriously how hard would it really be for a respectable company, that wants to share our airspace and consider itself a safe operator for the protection of all airspace users to actually sit down and make a decent Maintenance manual ?
And on the other hand - the people that buy these, aircraft spend thousands of dollars on them – not including the extra batteries and other gear they buy for them, a serious investment and then do NO maintenance or data tracking of their own equipment.
That is insane. You buy a car and get it serviced and checked.
Flying around with an item that can cause damage and that so many people seem to be worried about – and yet you do no due diligence at all ?
I’m not sure whom, I feel for more ?
The manufacturer that can resolve these issues, work with the pilots and actually show they care for not only their product and their user is the one we should respect and support.
Regards.
Doc Baldwin
www.52Photos.com |

Reactions: chiloschista
In the case of Yuneec they only made toys so there was no fear of come backs. Now they are into drones they have not addressed the discipline of maintenance and logs. They even replace your faulty H with another one from the pile - without any history being supplied!

To be fair I think it is the industry norm whatever the manufacturer, but they wrote the rules. Hopefully with the regulations tightening up they will address this subject in detail.

Hey DC u have the worst luck mate I have a 500+ a 4 K an a H in Aus and I haven't had any major problems with any of them I'm happy with them all, I don't know the flying conditions in the states or the altitudes you fly at but best of luck, but if you look on Gumtree/EBay the majority of drones for sale are DJI products

In the case of Yuneec they only made toys so there was no fear of come backs. Now they are into drones they have not addressed the discipline of maintenance and logs.

I think some people here don't know the history of Yuneec: Yuneec International E430 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yuneec_E430.jpg

I know for a fact that Yuneec log hundreds of hours supporting commercial clients with their drones. The first purely 'Yuneec' product, the H920 was aimed at commercial use, not hobbyists. As the phrase goes "they eat their own dog food".

As I have posted this in other forums - wasn't sure I should repeat t here, but here it is...

Hi Guys I thought I would share something I just wrote to a supplier. Hope its ok to post it.

Have been reading about fly aways and various aircraft and manufacturers.
After our discussion I thought I would give you a view of what I am seeing and believe is occurring in the area.
As a background I do not have “Major” experience in the RPA area and am still learning myself, this never really stops.
I have over 100 hours of flight time of which some 60 or so hours are logged on three different types of RPA.
With some 300 plus hours of flight time on RC planes. (Given that was many years ago.)
I also have over 10 years of maintenance on FAA 18 Hornets and was a qualified Aircraft Mechanic Electrical in the Civilian area.
First off there are no restrictions on anyone – ALL makers of Remotely Piloted Aircraft suffer from “Fly Aways” ALL of them.
All of them also have other issues – some of which are “Slowly” being addressed.
If you read all the forums everyone has had issues of some kind.
Some may argue that one or another company have more or less than the other, personally I believe them all to be on par.
What can cause these to happen ? Or indeed cause any failure of an RPA ?
Here is a small list - not limited to any or all.
ESC Failure
GPS signal induced Failures – Fly Aways etc …
Poor Battery Maintenance
Losing Line of sight
Propeller Failures
Motor lifing issues
Bad soldering and construction
To name a few….
On the Pilot side many of these can be attributed to Poor Aircraft Maintenance in general and a real lack of understanding of what the pilot actually owns –
An Aircraft.
This is an item that many people fail to come to understand.
In that I mean – it is an electrical / mechanical item made by a person that will at some stage fail.
Parts wear out, people treat the item badly and fly them when they should not and expect them to just fly, without any care, forever.
In some cases we have the weekend guys that fly as a hobby or someone that has bought something for general fun, for themselves or their kids.
These guys can have some knowledge and with the serious hobbyist indeed quite a lot of knowledge, gained over many years of experience.
But the general user, weekend or otherwise almost never have a running log of maintenance checks or even preventative checks in any way.
They almost always just take the RPA out on a whim and almost never do research into what they will be doing or where and when they will fly.
For instance:
The GPS signals on an RPA can be interfered with if the K index is too high .. 7 or more can be a bad day to fly.
Essentially this is a magnetic storm / flare from the sun that can cause disturbances in the ionosphere.
During a storm the GPS signal an RPA gets from the satellites and then uses in its receivers can be “bent”, you can lose locks on satellites and your RPA can drift.
Some would say this causes only a minor drift … 100ft or so I’m not sure 100ft is minor and if the RPA loses enough signals in succession I believe it can get lost and possibly fly away.
However this comes back to the pilot keeping an eye on the weather – K index – Maintenance and other variables.
Do you know what the K index is before you fly ?
What about the area you are about to fly in ?
The manufacturer should supply an RPA in good condition to start with - then the Pilot should maintain it and do due diligence on the day of the flight.
With all conditions in mind, area, weather, safety K index, pilots readiness(Tired etc) and other variables.
After all this the pilot should actually have those facts in his / her possession, copies of the area they are flying in the weather, K index, a printout of the flight area / google map, log of battery usage and voltages etc.
Then if an RPA has a fly away or accident it can be presented to the manufacturer and perhaps it can be shown to be a firmware fault or aircraft issue that warrants a replacement etc.
Simply ringing a supplier and saying hey my RPA flew away and it wasn’t my fault really is not good enough.
Was the aircraft at the right height – did the pilot override the height restriction, were the winds at the op height too much for the RPA ?
Was the K index insane that day ?
Did the Pilot charge the batteries enough ?
If so how long have you had them and have you charted the use and voltages ?
You consider a near new battery ok for a 20 min flight. Then you go out one day expecting 20min.
You fly close for 10min … then fly at range for 5 min – expecting another 5 min to come back – and it doesn’t make it.
If you track the battery you will see a degradation over time and get less flight time as you go on.
This is normal wear and tear, the same for motors, Blades and other items on your RPA.
What I do task with is the fact manufacturers will not supply a maintenance sheet for their RPA
Nor will they give out an expected means between failure for the motors and other equipment on the RPA.
Simplistic Example: The following is only made up numbers.
I understand if company A gives you an expected life of say 250 hours for a motor and it dies at 249 hours - the client screams warranty …. It was 1 hour short of its life expectancy.
The company has to the replace X motors.
Seriously how hard would it really be for a respectable company, that wants to share our airspace and consider itself a safe operator for the protection of all airspace users to actually sit down and make a decent Maintenance manual ?
And on the other hand - the people that buy these, aircraft spend thousands of dollars on them – not including the extra batteries and other gear they buy for them, a serious investment and then do NO maintenance or data tracking of their own equipment.
That is insane. You buy a car and get it serviced and checked.
Flying around with an item that can cause damage and that so many people seem to be worried about – and yet you do no due diligence at all ?
I’m not sure whom, I feel for more ?
The manufacturer that can resolve these issues, work with the pilots and actually show they care for not only their product and their user is the one we should respect and support.
Regards.
Doc Baldwin
www.52Photos.com |
I couldn't have said it better myself, Doc. DJI, Yuneec, and others manufacturers are marketing flying as routine, it's not. Gravity always wins and being a man made device they always fail. A pilot has the responsibility to understand this and not buy into the notion that this is routine and comes with an 'Easy Button' because they can't be bothered with trivial things like knowledge and understanding. Anyone flying should be situation aware, knowledgeable, detail conscious, a troubleshooter, and a little anal. If this isn't you, and you are even slightly ADHD then being a pilot of anything that fly's probably isn't really for you no matter how easy its being marketed.

If on the other hand, if you're stubborn, really want to do this and are willing to do what it takes to get there, then good for you. Personally though, I wouldn't start out by learning on a $2k drone, make mistakes, then complain about how bad the manufacturers are. If you've been reading these forums, and other forums regardless of the manufacturer, it should be abundantly obvious that this hobby, job, whatever, isn't easy or routine. Take some personal responsibility, learn on a beater drone which won't hurt your wallet, your pride or anyone else, like say a Syma X5C, aprx. $39.95.

Don't anyone take this the wrong way, a lot of us have varying degrees of knowledge, experience, etc. but it doesn't stop there. Set your attitude aside, take a long hard look in the mirror and be honest with yourself about who and what you are and what you are truly capable of. I'm a firm believer that yes, you can teach old dogs new tricks. Note: Just because there's standard work on how to be a brain surgeon, not everyone is cut out to be a brain surgeon, myself included and that's ok.

"As with all living things, each perform according to their gifts." - Spock

Greg

Hey DC u have the worst luck mate I have a 500+ a 4 K an a H in Aus and I haven't had any major problems with any of them I'm happy with them all, I don't know the flying conditions in the states or the altitudes you fly at but best of luck, but if you look on Gumtree/EBay the majority of drones for sale are DJI products
I have most DJI platforms and find them to be of a reliable nature! Minimal issues, and I personally have had the same level of CS as Yuneec-USA

do the focus yourself .. or are you simply lazy ...
I also build my own drones and i'm very happy with my TPH. never had an issue from the beginning.

i refocussed my camera and it is much better ... i will also replace my lens very soon with a pixaero one.

Also every one here forgets the beginning of DJI several years ago, how many fly aways the phantom 1 and also 2 and the inspire 1 had until now is unbelievable. Also the Phantom 3s and 4s with issues and yes some of them have issues are there.

Do not forget Yuneec is only building drones for almost 2 years now. How long is DJI building drones ? Much longer, but still they have some issues ... read them on the DJIpilots forum.

We always hear about the guys with problems. i would like to know how many of the TPH owners have big issues and who has not.

Marnix

do the focus yourself .. or are you simply lazy ...
I also build my own drones and i'm very happy with my TPH. never had an issue from the beginning.

i refocussed my camera and it is much better ... i will also replace my lens very soon with a pixaero one.

Also every one here forgets the beginning of DJI several years ago, how many fly aways the phantom 1 and also 2 and the inspire 1 had until now is unbelievable. Also the Phantom 3s and 4s with issues and yes some of them have issues are there.

Do not forget Yuneec is only building drones for almost 2 years now. How long is DJI building drones ? Much longer, but still they have some issues ... read them on the DJIpilots forum.

We always hear about the guys with problems. i would like to know how many of the TPH owners have big issues and who has not.

Marnix
I had "0" issues for 2 of 3 months, then 1 month of nothing but firmware induced major issues. I have built many DYI drones and RC crafts, but have no control over firmware binary codex faults and lack of multi environmental testings before release. Firmware issues I believe (next to operator errors) are the number one cause of "all" manufacturer issues!

Reactions: eric bee
I have most DJI platforms and find them to be of a reliable nature! Minimal issues, and I personally have had the same level of CS as Yuneec-USA

Like **** ...
I had a inspire 1 had a issue with it and had to send it to DJI. after 3 months yes 3 months i had him back but aha problem not completely solved ok i had to send him back again to DJI and again after 3 months i had him back and now it was solved. so i had the Inspire 1 for 8 months and he was gone to DJI in total for 6 months ... thats very bad support.
I also have had 2 phantom 3 advanced before i got one without issues .... thats the build quality of DJI ... DJI as Yuneec are Chinese firms ... as Xautel, Hubsan, Walkera, etc ...
I have had a Yuneec typhoon Q500 4K with a small issue i send him to Yuneec got him back after 3 weeks and problem solved well thats support ...

When i had send my inspire 1 back the first time i called them 1 month later and they told me that it was "still" in the queue to be repaired. Thats not service ....

DJI support sucks ...

Ok i know that Yuneec Europe CS also sucks, But UK and US is very good ...

Marnix

I had "0" issues for 2 of 3 months, then 1 month of nothing but firmware induced major issues. I have built many DYI drones and RC crafts, but have no control over firmware binary codex faults and lack of multi environmental testings before release. Firmware issues I believe (next to operator errors) are the number one cause of "all" manufacturer issues!

Yes and all manufacturers have them ... DJI, Yuneec, Welkera, Xautel, Hunsan, etc ...

Reactions: DroneClone
Like **** ...
I had a inspire 1 had a issue with it and had to send it to DJI. after 3 months yes 3 months i had him back but aha problem not completely solved ok i had to send him back again to DJI and again after 3 months i had him back and now it was solved. so i had the Inspire 1 for 8 months and he was gone to DJI in total for 6 months ... thats very bad support.
I also have had 2 phantom 3 advanced before i got one without issues .... thats the build quality of DJI ... DJI as Yuneec are Chinese firms ... as Xautel, Hubsan, Walkera, etc ...
I have had a Yuneec typhoon Q500 4K with a small issue i send him to Yuneec got him back after 3 weeks and problem solved well thats support ...

When i had send my inspire 1 back the first time i called them 1 month later and they told me that it was "still" in the queue to be repaired. Thats not service ....

DJI support sucks ...

Ok i know that Yuneec Europe CS also sucks, But UK and US is very good ...

Marnix
My H was in the shop 5 weeks, you call that good CS ? My P3 and P2 were in and back in 3 weeks!. It depends on the issues and the time sent in. No manufacturer has a market on "The Perfect" customer service experience, and one person may receive excellent and the next lousy CS, It's varies with every manufacturer out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig