Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Sucks, Everything About Them Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mine in late July, flew it twice....complete gimbal failure. Sent it back. Still in for repair. Two total flights for a total of 35 minutes in the air.....this thing is a joke. My Autel Robitics X-Star Premium, took it out of the box, charged the batteries, did a firmware check and up she went. I have had it in the air 16 times for a total of about 5 hours flight time... NOT one issue. It is flawless.

Get your crap together Yuneec!

Not to defend Yuneec, as my camera is back in the shop for the second time and I'll be without my toy for another 5 weeks minimum, but we do have to remember this is a much more complex machine than some of the others. That makes it great when everything is working, but it greatly improves our chances for problems. I can't wait to get my Mavic as I think I'll have a dependable, always ready to go machine, like your Autel (which I was going to buy until the Mavic announcement).

You guys are out of your minds... I read at least 2 new reports PER DAY on Facebook and the various forums about new flyaways. Look - I don't care what you guys do.... keep your head in the sand you your heart loyal to a brand. enjoy your birds that work great.

To anyone else - I would NEVER recommend Yuneec at this point.

If you read my other posts you will see that I am not brand loyal, I complain about the camera all the time. In all honesty I see more camera complaints that fly away complaints, not entirely sure where you are getting the information from. But carry on, have a rant.

Anyone who doesn't believe there is a MASSIVE, WIDESPREAD issue with the Typhoon H is absolutely kidding themselves. To those of you that have rock solid birds.. congrats. But there is absolutely NOTHING normal about the failure rate that is being reported. There are a literally shocking amount of reported crashes and flyways not related to user error.

I don't see the evidence for this. There's a thread on here entitled 'Has anyone here experienced a fly-away..'. It's been on the forum for just short of two months and has a total of 8 people who've said they've had a fly away. 8 is not MASSIVE, WIDESPREAD.

I'm also on a number of Facebook Groups and I have no idea where you're seeing your many reports of fly aways. Seriously. I get that you're upset about your incident, and bailed out for a different drone. That's fine, but it sounds like it's colouring your views more than a little.

Given the number of YTHs flying, we would see more than a handful of complaints. However, what we are seeing is a number of users who appear whenever there is an incident and 'cheer on' the poor soul who had a crash. That is not MASSIVE, WIDESPREAD - it's ambulance chasing.

to be quite honest here , owning both dji and yuneec from my experience i would have to say that cs in both companies are kind of equal right now...but DJI releasing new products might change that...My advise is that if you don't like the tech that you are dealing with, then call back and get another....its amazing to me that i spoke with 3 tech reps in a matter of hours and got 3 different answers...

Here's an idea. Why not get some actionable data together on this forum? I'm a developer and would be happy to create some type of submission system to maybe get an earlier look at what could be going wrong. Maybe it's within a serial number run, date of download, how many times the firmware was updated, or a plethora of other combinations.

That being said if there is a mass failure rate I'm just not seeing it trolling multiple boards over researching a product to buy.

My interest really is (when they do have a failure) with the update process and corruption of data during that update. With two potential easy targets to cause catastrophic failure; one being the battery, and one being the hard drive. It seems suspect to me there could be a problem with corruption of those updates either during the download process or the upload process to the drives which then causes catastrophic failure. The only way to determine that is to be able to harvest data and Yuneec can only speculate until they receive a log or crash unit to harvest the data from.

Additionally then you need to take into account the update process the owner did. How did they download it? Was it unzipped then zipped again? Did the power or connection fluctuate during the update? Did the previous firmware get formatted out of the drive? Again a plethora of variables here and one can only speculate.

When I see a failure it's almost always a corruption of data because a process wasn't followed by the end user, or influenced as a result of conditions or variables out of the products control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Daemon1
Enjoy DJI's great customer service, sounds to me like your problem with the H was you didn't know how to adjust flight mode settings or understand the difference between the flight modes. Perhaps it "flew back at you" to remind you to read the manual....
That is a good one Mickey boo

It scares the heck out of me, hearing all these failures. The only problem I had was not being able to update firmware, then having it brick my 500Q 4k, and I had to send it back in. The problem with this is that I was without it for 4 weeks, and after spending a couple grand in advertising and promotion online, had to stop taking gigs to do work with mine. I suppose that's fine if your Yuneec is just a toy.

Positives to me about Yuneec are that they got me into the market with a good platform for a decent price. I wouldn't even be doing it without their easy flying system. Now that I'm experienced, I could take on any system out there. Negatives for me are really just that the camera quality is not quite high enough quality for me yet.

Well i guess its a good thing i haven't flown mine since june!.. Have not updated the firmware since the very first one.. And from what i read i not going to..
When i can fly again i will keep it on the version its running.. Tooo scary to upgrade!
There are a lot of features in these last three firmware updates that you might want to have. I just hope that you'll be able to update this last firmware and it seems to have been the best the 2.25

It scares the heck out of me, hearing all these failures. The only problem I had was not being able to update firmware, then having it brick my 500Q 4k, and I had to send it back in. The problem with this is that I was without it for 4 weeks, and after spending a couple grand in advertising and promotion online, had to stop taking gigs to do work with mine. I suppose that's fine if your Yuneec is just a toy.

Positives to me about Yuneec are that they got me into the market with a good platform for a decent price. I wouldn't even be doing it without their easy flying system. Now that I'm experienced, I could take on any system out there. Negatives for me are really just that the camera quality is not quite high enough quality for me yet.
The camera is great when focused properly. Please post some of your photos. Maybe we can help you get it right. If you want a better camera than the H, you may need a bigger platform to carry it.

Wow...
You guys have me all freakin out... Brings me back to my P3p days... All 3 P3p's.. And here I come on the forum to talk about the ******* new hard case I got at amazon for 70 bucks.. But now I think I'll keep my "H" in the hard case until I hear some good news about a update that works. Thank goodness I still have many other drones to play with.
I am sorry for all the pain D.C. and others have received.
Good luck to all.. Dan

I think I'll keep my "H" in the hard case until I hear some good news about a update that works.

Hi Dan,
This latest update has received a lot of positive responses. I have updated and have found no issues. A couple of the new features with this update have also given me a lot more options when flying the H. My advice - get that H of yours out of the hard case, update the fW and go fly it man.

Here we go:
yuneec_global_map-420b9420.png

Quote from the the "about us" page of the US site About Us - Yuneec
So "MADE IN THE USA", Germany, or Europe" is not the case. R&D is done by USA and China. Manufacture is done in China only for understandable reasons.
One word about reliability of drones: regradless of the manufacturer, they are all banana ware in the end and will hopefully mature through the client one day. Some might never do so, I am afraid.
The direct competitors have big problems, too. The one with the three letters claims to have 2,500 R&D technicians. I sometimes wonder what they are all doing the whole day, when I see a friend of mine having build comparable drone units over 10 years ago as a one man show...
The concept of the YTH is great and has market leadership potential IMO. Let's see how steep Yuneec's learning curve will develop in the next few months.
I did not say Yuneec was made in the USA, Germany or Europe, I stated, I would only "buy" USA/Europe based sUAS's in the future my friend !:confused:

I am over all happy with my H till this last round of firmware up-dates in September. After update #2 Version 2.2.4 I had nothing but compass issues and an attempted flyaway. At Yuneec's request I sent it in. I got it back with the same firmware (2.2.5 was released the day after I shipped it in). Different aircraft, same serial number, did not fix my ST-16 issues, did not replace my broken props like they said they would. I am waiting for the Service Manager to contact me. So I am sure I will be without for another 3 weeks. All this while the fall colors are really starting to come in.
Up to till point I have loved every flight. Yes there was a steep learning curve with the poorly written documentation. But like others I got plenty of help and advise here that made flying a real joy.
Chinese manufactures have always struggled with quality, if they ever get their act together we would really have something. I have read about fly aways, software/firmware glitches on just about every other platform out there. It is what it is. I had no fear (till now) of flying in some very high wind, out over water, or hovering 3 feet away from a 100' tree.
I have to give them some credit for trying to make it right.
Even if it is 6-8 weeks later like I am sure it will be in my case.
I just want to fly !

Reactions: DroneClone
I am over all happy with my H till this last round of firmware up-dates in September. After update #2 Version 2.2.4 I had nothing but compass issues and an attempted flyaway. At Yuneec's request I sent it in. I got it back with the same firmware (2.2.5 was released the day after I shipped it in). Different aircraft, same serial number, did not fix my ST-16 issues, did not replace my broken props like they said they would. I am waiting for the Service Manager to contact me. So I am sure I will be without for another 3 weeks. All this while the fall colors are really starting to come in.
Up to till point I have loved every flight. Yes there was a steep learning curve with the poorly written documentation. But like others I got plenty of help and advise here that made flying a real joy.
Chinese manufactures have always struggled with quality, if they ever get their act together we would really have something. I have read about fly aways, software/firmware glitches on just about every other platform out there. It is what it is. I had no fear (till now) of flying in some very high wind, out over water, or hovering 3 feet away from a 100' tree.
I have to give them some credit for trying to make it right.
Even if it is 6-8 weeks later like I am sure it will be in my case.
I just want to fly !
I hear and feel for you Bob, I am in the same triangle of poor service, not "willingless" to fix, but ability to get their "ACT" together on testing and pre-ship QC, My ST16 is heading back for round 3 today !

I hear and feel for you Bob, I am in the same triangle of poor service, not "willingless" to fix, but ability to get their "ACT" together on testing and pre-ship QC, My ST16 is heading back for round 3 today !

How do you guys continue to put up with this? The number of people that have to ship their Copters, Controllers, Cameras, etc back to Yuneec, many on multiple occasions is completely out of control.

How do you guys continue to put up with this? The number of people that have to ship their Copters, Controllers, Cameras, etc back to Yuneec, many on multiple occasions is completely out of control.
Just like DJI except we get them back in a reasonable time. :)

It is, and I have even spoken to the top in command at Yuneec USA and he is trying to help, but I am running out of patience and time , They need to sweep floor at Yuneec-USA and get competent QC personnel in that give a Hoot about their reputation !

I fly custom build copters since 6 Years. Actually I have 12 copters. They all flies great. No crashes all the time. The H ist my first RTF. First H crashes while starting. After repair in Germany he crashes again. Major damage. Then I got a new one. Works fine for 3-4 minutes. After that time it starts to climb without input. Then toilett bowl. Landing nearly impossible. Drifting, steering loss. I am very unhappy. My H is unsafe, nearly uncontrolable.

it's me or the the "H" is going from a good platform with no issues when it was release, to a nightmare and impossible to do areal work professionally?

Reactions: Terry Thone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech