Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Typhoon H Backpack/Foam Mods

Reaction score
I picked up the ITELITE DBS antenna and my biggest worry was where I'd be able to store it without having to disassemble. I did a little cutting on the foam and made a fairly sturdy place for it inside the case.

Also stuck a Phillips head screwdriver in the bottom left and a hex key (for removing landing gear in an emergency) in the bottom right of the case.

Where are you guys keeping rotors? I can't seem to get them to stay put in the area on the top, so usually keep them pouched and resting inside of one of the landing gear slots.

Final airline note: I flew American Airlines last week with the Yuneec backpack and was able to CRAM it into the overhead bin. If anyone stops you to ask you to put it inside the bag sizer, you'll probably have to check it after removing batteries. It seemed as though they didn't pay much attention to it because it was a backpack (even though it's huge).

Attachments

• 20160606_120109.jpg
    20160606_120109.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 98
Reactions: humboldt 707
I picked up the ITELITE DBS antenna and my biggest worry was where I'd be able to store it without having to disassemble. I did a little cutting on the foam and made a fairly sturdy place for it inside the case.

Also stuck a Phillips head screwdriver in the bottom left and a hex key (for removing landing gear in an emergency) in the bottom right of the case.

Where are you guys keeping rotors? I can't seem to get them to stay put in the area on the top, so usually keep them pouched and resting inside of one of the landing gear slots.

Final airline note: I flew American Airlines last week with the Yuneec backpack and was able to CRAM it into the overhead bin. If anyone stops you to ask you to put it inside the bag sizer, you'll probably have to check it after removing batteries. It seemed as though they didn't pay much attention to it because it was a backpack (even though it's huge).
How does your DBS work for you?

Actually just got it today, so I haven't had a chance to try it out just yet. Was hoping to pick up the FPVLR antennae for comparison but my spouse told me to stop spending so much money. :(

Actually just got it today, so I haven't had a chance to try it out just yet. Was hoping to pick up the FPVLR antennae for comparison but my spouse told me to stop spending so much money. :(

you can send it to me if you not using it lolz :)

I have both, range is about the same, I like my DBS for directionability more a little and the FPVLR's are kinda flimsy and seem like they will bend and break alot easier! Just my opinion !

Looking forward to an improvement vs. stock because I've only been getting about 1000' before the video starts cutting out. Pretty congested signal wise here (PA) I guess, but even when I took it to FL and rural GA it didn't get far.

Looking forward to an improvement vs. stock because I've only been getting about 1000' before the video starts cutting out. Pretty congested signal wise here (PA) I guess, but even when I took it to FL and rural GA it didn't get far.
Oh!, with either you will at least double that ! Unless you live on a microwave tower! LOL !

Let's see, 400 ft up x 961 ft= my trig sucks. Anybody know? That has got to be over 1000 ft.

im wondering how and if high humidity effects the distance.

I have gotten roughly 2200-2500 ft before I get lag and the video cuts out of the DBS antenna.

I have gotten roughly 2200-2500 ft before I get lag and the video cuts out of the DBS antenna.
No obstruction? trees/buildings? I get about a mile average 5,000 ' on flat Texas prairie few trees to side. They are very directional(both) do you have the DBS pointed straight at the H's location?

Unfortunately the areas I have flown it are full of trees so I can not wait to get her out in the open field and let her go to see. Yeah I always point the antenna at the H but again way too many obstructions around me.

Unfortunately the areas I have flown it are full of trees so I can not wait to get her out in the open field and let her go to see. Yeah I always point the antenna at the H but again way too many obstructions around me.
Yeah, Unless your 400' above them, lots of signal blockage, I think she'll do better in open area, especially over water (if you dare) then range really extends! Fly Safe!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval