Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Typhoon H Soft Backpack on the way?

Reaction score
Earlier in the week I noticed that Adorama had updated their listing for Typhoon H accessories. In addition to the new battery pricing and prop availability mentioned in other threads, they had posted this;

"Yuneec 1 pc of backpack for Typhoon H (Soft case)"
YUNTYHBP001

I immediately called and talked to a salesperson there (Jimmy). I was told that this was an Item to be stocked on June 29th. I asked if it contained the foam, if there were any pics available, etc. He told me that the web dev team was offshore and would be updating the pics & description sometime before the 29th. He was not able to give any details other than the price listed (113.99), and that contrary to the listing, the backpack is NOT in stock.

I'm wondering if this is the same soft pack that show up in Ming's antenna testing video;

Can someone "in the know" corroborate this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dronetxgirl
I spoke with a rep at Yuneec and they said that the soft case backpack will most likely be available by the last week of this month. Also, the soft backpack will enable you to slide the foam packaging that came with the drone into the bag itself. Whereas, the hard pack comes with it's own foam storage. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers!

I spoke with a rep at Yuneec and they said that the soft case backpack will most likely be available by the last week of this month. Also, the soft backpack will enable you to slide the foam packaging that came with the drone into the bag itself. Whereas, the hard pack comes with it's own foam storage. Hope that makes sense.

Cheers!

Correct! Soft case coming soon.

Cheers!

Thanks for corroborating!

The hard pack doesn't come with it's own storage though.

Cheers!

Yes Typhooned is correct, people who have received the initial hard shell back packs have confirmed that it is the empty shell only and did not contain an extra set of foam inserts for the craft. There are already many post that confirm this. They use the original insert that came with the Typhoon H. If Yuneec is going to now start shipping the hard back packs with the foam inserts then they (Yuneec) need to send out extra inserts to those who got the initial order of the hard shell backpacks.

This might be coincidence, but I've been visiting the Samy's Camera website because they've sometimes had stock of the hard backpack (but not yet when I've been in town, able to accept an order.) Today the T-H hard backpack (PART #: YUNTYHBP) is listed, "This Item Is No Longer Available" instead of "out of stock."

Yuneec | Typhoon Backpack for Typhoon H | YUNTYHBP

Earlier in the week I noticed that Adorama had updated their listing for Typhoon H accessories. In addition to the new battery pricing and prop availability mentioned in other threads, they had posted this;

"Yuneec 1 pc of backpack for Typhoon H (Soft case)"
YUNTYHBP001

I immediately called and talked to a salesperson there (Jimmy). I was told that this was an Item to be stocked on June 29th. I asked if it contained the foam, if there were any pics available, etc. He told me that the web dev team was offshore and would be updating the pics & description sometime before the 29th. He was not able to give any details other than the price listed (113.99), and that contrary to the listing, the backpack is NOT in stock.

I'm wondering if this is the same soft pack that show up in Ming's antenna testing video;

Can someone "in the know" corroborate this?
When your Yuneec Typhoon H was shipped with the insert in the box is to be inserted into the SKU: YUNTYHBP001
I just called Yuneec about a order for a Typhoon H backpack and was told they were no longer available.... I can't order one from Yuneec. Now what?

Last edited:
Ouch! :eek: Why does the soft case ($190) cost more than the hard case ($150)?

Because they think they can. So far they've been right. The only way to bring the pricing down, is for us not to bite on everything that comes our way. So far, we seem to have a collective loss of self control. :confused:

Reactions: Hawk27
Because they think they can. So far they've been right. The only way to bring the pricing down, is for us not to bite on everything that comes our way. So far, we seem to have a collective loss of self control. :confused:
I couldn't have said it better myself... you are 110% correct. In order to get better pricing on assesories (i.e bags/backpacks, batteries, etc) we need to stop throwing our money at these people... it's simple economics.... Demand is high, then sell high... because people like ourselves want this stuff now and they know that. Think about it, yuneec has the market absolutely cornered right now with their assesories and can charge whatever they want because no third party vendor has came out with anything thus far, so their just doing what any good business would do, sell high while they are the only one we can buy from right now... if people could just wait (and I know that's hard) and stop throwing money at them then they would HAVE to lower their prices. Just wait until other companies start making batteries, backpacks and this and that, yuneec's prices will drop drastically guaranteed... that's just how business works.

FYI: B&H Photo has the backpack "currently" listed for $99.99, which will probably go up at some point. I ordered one and even if the price goes up, B&H honors the price when the order was placed. Same thing happened to the two Typhoon H batteries I have on order: original price $83.99, now they're listed as $139.99.

Reactions: BFD400
FYI: B&H Photo has the backpack "currently" listed for $99.99, which will probably go up at some point. I ordered one and even if the price goes up, B&H honors the price when the order was placed. Same thing happened to the two Typhoon H batteries I have on order: original price $83.99, now they're listed as $139.99.

It will last until Yuneec sees this post, then makes a call to B&H to enforce the retail pricing. I say that only half jokingly.
On June 9th, Yuneec confirmed the backpack in this thread. Later that day, Adorama raised their price in line with Yuneec's MSRP. Coincidence?

It will last until Yuneec sees this post, then makes a call to B&H to enforce the retail pricing. I say that only half jokingly.
On June 9th, Yuneec confirmed the backpack in this thread. Later that day, Adorama raised their price in line with Yuneec's MSRP. Coincidence?
I can't guarantee anything but in my experience, B&H has been very good at honoring the price at the time the order was taken/confirmed.

I can't guarantee anything but in my experience, B&H has been very good at honoring the price at the time the order was taken/confirmed.

I bought 2 sets of props from them at $7.99 and the batteries at 83.99 along with a bunch of other stuff in past years on pre-order and prices did go up and they still honored the price I pre-ordered at.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis