Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec Typhoon H will bind and turn on, but then it will not fly.

Reaction score
Yuneec Typhoon H will bind to my receiver and the props will turn when I push the start button, but then it will not fly. Any suggestions?

What flight mode are you in / what are the lights on the back of the craft telling you, and what, precisely, do you mean by 'can't fly' ? Do you mean it won't lift off when you raise the throttle, or do you get any warning messages, or are you prevented in some other way ? The more detail you can give us the better.

He must not be within an NFZ because his motor turned. I tried it 8kms from a large airport and when I pushed the button the RC screamed at me "you're in an NFZ dumas! “ ok, ok I exaggerated, the RC just vibrated, the AC beeped and the error message said something like you're in a No Fly Zone. The motors didn't spool up at all.

Hmm maybe something wrong with the sticks? No input registering from the throttle? Try spraying with contact cleaner and do the stick spin.

While I can not speak for the most recent firmware, the older firmware would allow the aircraft to take off in SMART MODE even with you just a foot or so away.
It would lift off and very quickly fly at a low altitude to achieve the 26 foot limit. When I tried it in an open field a year ago, the direction of flight seemed random. I was very surprised how quickly it would jump to get away.

While I can not speak for the most recent firmware, the older firmware would allow the aircraft to take off in SMART MODE even with you just a foot or so away.
It would lift off and very quickly fly at a low altitude to achieve the 26 foot limit. When I tried it in an open field a year ago, the direction of flight seemed random. I was very surprised how quickly it would jump to get away.
I agree with @BobW55
Just last week I accidentally had it in Smart Mode, weird things did happened, however didn't shoot off into space, whew!:oops:
It would not fly forward, in fact the while having the stick forward , it wouldn't move, but I could go sideways or backwards.
Also I could not descend below 20'.:eek:
I finally looked at my controller, and wouldn't you know, I accidentally had it in Smart Mode.:rolleyes:
So even though I only have 60 hours + flying, I need to double check all my flight controls before starting engines and before lift off.:cool:

You do not have a GPS lock.
I see the purple light on the H, so you are in angle mode, but the ST-16 still shows ACQUIRING GPS not ready.
I can not tell if you are inside or outside.
Move the aircraft further away from the house if out side.
I do not think it will start the props until it has acquired a GPS lock. If it quits raining here I may try it myself later.

You do not have a GPS lock.
I see the purple light on the H, so you are in angle mode, but the ST-16 still shows ACQUIRING GPS not ready.
I can not tell if you are inside or outside.
Move the aircraft further away from the house if out side.
I do not think it will start the props until it has acquired a GPS lock. If it quits raining here I may try it myself later.

yes, do not have a GPS lock.
outdoors in the gps meadow does not grin
the new software did not remove the problem
compass calibration done

I can get around the protection and start the engines, the dron is flying without compass and GPS. flying is difficult, in that probably the service mode is without all the support of the flight

Last edited:
Dron is testing outdoors for 30 minutes.
satellite dron 17, satellite st16 13
gps does not lock the position

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss