Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Yuneec typhoon q500 4k cgo3 White Light Problem.

Reaction score
Moderator Note: This issue was originally posted in an existing thread. The related posts were moved here, to this new thread. The issue is solid white light and no WiFi on a CGo3.

I have the very same issue, the drone powers on, the controller sees the drone and even moves the gimbal, but doesn’t see the WiFi of the camera, it only shows a white light and doesn’t blink, it also doesn’t show on my phone when I connect it to the steadygrip. There’s no video on YouTube addressing this issue, I have flown the drone and it is responsive to the controls, just that I don’t get to take pictures or videos since the camera doesn’t connect

Last edited by a moderator:
Camera not responsive

Attachments

• 494ACE0E-D600-4178-AADF-21799F241B69.jpeg
    494ACE0E-D600-4178-AADF-21799F241B69.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
  • E7FC9CC7-8DE5-4695-AA0B-081ED9A39CD5.jpeg
    E7FC9CC7-8DE5-4695-AA0B-081ED9A39CD5.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 51C704A4-63EB-4C22-AC82-014E60C3EAFE.jpeg
    51C704A4-63EB-4C22-AC82-014E60C3EAFE.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • F028808F-C1CB-4AD1-B9C9-538C9BFDBF72.jpeg
    F028808F-C1CB-4AD1-B9C9-538C9BFDBF72.jpeg
    1,015.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 85F2922F-2D2D-49BC-9DD1-F2B83B6A6CBE.jpeg
    85F2922F-2D2D-49BC-9DD1-F2B83B6A6CBE.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
@Ceejay,
Your issue has been called "The White Light of Death". It generally means the camera main board does not recognize the presence of the camera WiFi Board. As usual, the "generality" can be caused by a host of items, such as:
1.) Defective Camera Main Board
2.) Defective WIFI Board.
3.) Corrupted Firmware.
4.) Defective ribbon or connector.

It would be best to begin with the easiest possible solution. The easiest solution is to try to reset the Camera and WIFI. As noted in the picture below, which I believe originated from @Steve Carr, there are two buttons, but three resets. Try the one on the right first, then both together. The one on the left may not be a good idea by itself. I am not very familiar with that one.
CGo3 Camera reset buttons.jpg

Thank you very much @WTFDproject, before I do the reset I wanted to ask if the camera should be connected and powered on before the reset? Thanks

So I did it before turning it on, and did it with it on, same result, the moment I let go of holding both buttons down, the white light comes right back on. @WTFDproject

The camera has to be powered on. The controller does not have to be powered on. You can use either the drone or a Steadygrip to power the camera.
I did that already, same result, I’m guessing it’s the WiFi board or one of them boards

This is most likely going to be a bad WiFi board.
However, it would be worth at least checking the ribbon connector between the main board and the WiFi board. A couple attachments in the WTFDproject Document can provide some information on how to access the ribbon, but neither was written specifically for that task. Refer to Attachment 2 ( CGo3 Wi-Fi Board Replacement) and Attachment 9 ( CGo3 Core Assembly Replacement ) of "Way To Fix Drones project" for general information of how to access the ribbon.

This is most likely going to be a bad WiFi board.
However, it would be worth at least checking the ribbon connector between the main board and the WiFi board. A couple attachments in the WTFDproject Document can provide some information on how to access the ribbon, but neither was written specifically for that task. Refer to Attachment 2 ( CGo3 Wi-Fi Board Replacement) and Attachment 9 ( CGo3 Core Assembly Replacement ) of "Way To Fix Drones project" for general information of how to access the ribbon.
So, just in case I get to the WiFi board (which I’m scared of doing), can I do anything to fix it? Or do I need to get another board? If yes, where can I get the replacement board? Thanks

I've never been able to fix the WIFI boards. The WIFI Board part number is:
YUNCGO3P112SVC (CGO3+ WiFi Board and SD Card Reader)
The CGo3 and CGo3+ use the same WIFI Board.
Yuneec still lists them for sale.
eBay may be a source.
@Yuneec Skins probably has one, and ships worldwide. I do not see them listed on his website ("https://yuneecskins.com/), but he has LOTS of parts that are not listed. You can contact him here on the forum, or through his Website. I would ask him about an entire "core assembly" for the camera. It is much, much easier to change out than the individual components, and might be a better alternative than the possibility of ordering individual parts. If you get the "core assembly", you have to get one specifically for CGo3. The camera mainboard part is slightly different, and has different firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytingarden1