Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

MAYTECH CF PROPS FOR H

I tried the Aeronaut props on a Chroma 4k and flew them for a year with no problems. They were still on it when I gave it to my son-in-law. If I was considering an after market prop for the H the only one I’d buy would be an Aeronaut. Lacking those I’d stay with stock as I’ve been flying those on two H’s for over a year. However, I do manage to land my H’s without flipping them over and don’t fly into stuff.

Reactions: Breizhdrone
After almost a year of flying (I fly often) I just started to mount the first props not delivered within the original package my H came.
The ones I bought and am starting to use now, are standard props, cheap and okay.

Ralphy, just read this thread... New to Yuneec. It’s been some time since last post & update on design. Checking where the adapters are currently in design, quality and material options?

I got a little confused on the offset and how that progressed. Was an offset standardized and applied to one of the sets: CW / CCW? Attaching props alternate version, one post indicated a prop style to use a top bolt & trim cap. Did that develope into any reality?

Could you re-post the various contact, URL, part info in one section to ease the skimming through thread.

Well the stainless steel ones are the ones I fly they are on shapeways.com and you can use the dji carbon props that are available on ebay. They have two that are about 4mm offset higher to prevent props from touching. Call me up if your like 305 834 2929. That may tech ones wear out the plastics on the top of the motor. Mine don't use that cheap plastic. The adapter bolts to the motor with 4 bolts not 2 like the factory ones.

I tried the Aeronaut props on a Chroma 4k and flew them for a year with no problems. They were still on it when I gave it to my son-in-law. If I was considering an after market prop for the H the only one I’d buy would be an Aeronaut. Lacking those I’d stay with stock as I’ve been flying those on two H’s for over a year. However, I do manage to land my H’s without flipping them over and don’t fly into stuff.

Boy would I like to find some Aeronauts for the H. Master Airscrew are excellent props too; put a set on my Solos; wow, what a difference.

I like your last sentence LOL.

Well the stainless steel ones are the ones I fly they are on shapeways.com and you can use the dji carbon props that are available on ebay. They have two that are about 4mm offset higher to prevent props from touching. Call me up if your like 305 834 2929. That may tech ones wear out the plastics on the top of the motor. Mine don't use that cheap plastic. The adapter bolts to the motor with 4 bolts not 2 like the factory ones.

Do the motors get hot with that setup? I have concerns increasing the side load (and heat) on these bearings much. I'm always interested in trying new and better things, but don't like throwing money down the rabbit hole either. What pros/cons are you experiencing?

Well the stainless steel ones are the ones I fly they are on shapeways.com ...//... They have two that are about 4mm offset higher to prevent props from touching.
Ralphy, Curious to see these Offset CF props. Couldn't locate searching, if you have a link would you mind posting. Stainless mounts seem safest design, although the self tightening method without screw remains concerning the way H480 stops motors to brake. Do you (an others) remove and replace blades for transport or leave them secured for storage?

Ralphy, Curious to see these Offset CF props. Couldn't locate searching, if you havI use lockwashers to keep the props in place.e a link would you mind posting. Stainless mounts seem safest design, although the self tightening method without screw remains concerning the way H480 stops motors to brake. Do you (an others) remove and replace blades for transport or leave them secured for storage?

I use lockwashers to keep the props in place. Preferably not the split-ring, as that may imbalance the prop with uneven pressure. Use the other kind (forget what they're called)

FePhoenix, the flat multi teeth star style? I know what you mean but not the name.
With the teeth in the lock washers, do you take yours on & off for transport? Have they caused any accelerated wear? Are you using offset props on CW or CCW motors?

FePhoenix, the flat multi teeth star style? I know what you mean but not the name.
With the teeth in the lock washers, do you take yours on & off for transport? Have they caused any accelerated wear? Are you using offset props on CW or CCW motors?
Yes, those. I use the props in the last two pics in post 83. Metal hub. I put a flat washer between Ralphys adapter and the hub to protect the adapter from the teeth. I trim the blades back a couple millimeters to not sweat offsets. Props are removed when not flying, and the adapters stay put. The washers go in a baggie.

Hi All, Today I received the MYTECH props for my Typhoon H and once again I have problems with quality as two of them will not fit.
The problem is that the Metal plate with the locking lugs on two of them is seated too high in other words there is not enough room between the lugs and the blades so by pushing the prop down on the motor the lugs will not turn into the locking position.
The other problem I see with them is that the base plate with the lugs is made of METAL and because you have to push them down hard on the motor which is plastic I see the motor locking part wearing quickly, the H props are made of plastic and pop on real easy.
So in conclusion no way will I use the MAYTECH CF props they will go back in the box and I may send them back I also would caution anyone considering buying these CF props.
I will be interested if anyone has this problem.
Cheers, JV

I did as well but found a fix. It requires working them on and off with the help of a motor brake so they go on easily by hand. As you noted, the aluminum appears thicker and seems impossible to mount. I slid my small hex tool through the motor vents above the coils carefully and then could hold the motor still enough to twist on the blade. I took all 3 clockwise blades and worked them all on and off all three motors repeatedly until they twist on and snap lock by hand. I did the same for the counter clockwise as well. It took about 15 mins of working them all in and out but now they mount as easily as the standard props.
They fly beautifully.

I did as well but found a fix. It requires working them on and off with the help of a motor brake until they become broken in and go on easily by hand. As you noted, the aluminum appears thicker and seems impossible to mount. I slid my small hex tool through the motor vents above the coils carefully and then could hold the motor still enough to twist on the blade. I took all 3 clockwise blades and worked them all on and off all three motors repeatedly until they twist on and snap lock by hand. I did the same for the counter clockwise as well. It took about 15 mins of working them all in and out but now they mount as easily as the standard props.
They fly beautifully.
I did similar, but used a tap and die...

Yes, those. I use the props in the last two pics in post 83. Metal hub. I put a flat washer between Ralphys adapter and the hub to protect the adapter from the teeth. I trim the blades back a couple millimeters to not sweat offsets. Props are removed when not flying, and the adapters stay put. The washers go in a baggie.
Interesting, Foldable CF Triblades. Looked around a little for those, couldn't find. Do you happen to have a link for them?

For what’s it worth, you are going to need to replace the quick mounts eventually as they get sloppy over time with constant blade changing. It’s a very affordable part and two screws is all that hold them on. The 480 is very user serviceable in its design and handles upgrades well. I’ve slowly been building up a parts inventory so I can keep going later when this ship ultimately gets discontinued because it will. The CF props are better in flight but going to do more damage to motors or arms if you strike anything substantial.

For what’s it worth, you are going to need to replace the quick mounts eventually as they get sloppy over time with constant blade changing. It’s a very affordable part and two screws is all that hold them on. The 480 is very user serviceable in its design and handles upgrades well. I’ve slowly been building up a parts inventory so I can keep going later when this ship ultimately gets discontinued because it will. The CF props are better in flight but going to do more damage to motors or arms if you strike anything substantial.
That's why I like the FOLDING props. The pivot gives way on impact and doesn't do the harm to the motors. I've even held my (motorcycle-gloved) hand in the idle spinning rotor. Felt but not hurt, and the motor didn't care much as the blades folded back on their way around. I wouldn't try it under flight power, though!

Last edited:
Interesting, Foldable CF Triblades. Looked around a little for those, couldn't find. Do you happen to have a link for them?
STO 3-leaf/blade folding Prop Holder adapter for DJI PHANTOM(CW&CCW) with Blades | eBay
3 Blade 9443 Propeller Carbon Fiber Self Lock Folding Prop For DJI Phantom 2 | eBay
4X Carbon Fiber For DJI Phantom 3 3-Blade 9443 Propeller Folding Self Lock Props | eBay
9443 Self-locking Folding CW/CCW Propeller Set 3-Blade Pair for DJI Phantom 2 | eBay

All but the last are sets of 4 (quadcopter). The last is a pair and would take three. So get either three of the last or two sets of 4 (and have a spare pair).

Harder to balance folding props. Sort all the blades of the same direction by weight so that you can keep sanding to a minimum. Use a milligram scale to get the blades on a given hub the same weight. This gets the balance pretty close. If you want to make them even better balanced than this, you can reverse the pivot screw to "lock" the blades in extended, then balance them on a maglev, like any other blade. Be sure to put the pivot crews back in correctly when done.

Ahhhhh... Ok, I was searching for DJI 9450 series, these are all 9443's. Which did you go with, they all look similar, some have better looking finished hubs.

You feel the tribades provide more lift, smoother, appearance, noise, etc?

Some of those tribade (probably other 2 blades too) appear to have a center threaded open top. If this was accurate, couldn't a small allen screw be used as a jam nut on top of DJI adapter's threaded shaft?

Some of those tribade (probably other 2 blades too) appear to have a center threaded open top. If this was accurate, couldn't a small allen screw be used as a jam nut on top of DJI adapter's threaded shaft?
Look closer at pics on post 83. Ralphys adapter comes all the way thru and then some. You're not getting a jam in there. On the other hand, I have considered putting a hole through the post just above the prop hub and using a cotter pin

Reactions: Ralphy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
puputus