Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What a difference

Do you use a Corel video editor? If so, do you like it?
Yep, Like it so far. I have Sony Vegas too but my machine is not able to keep up with it.
I use the Smart Proxy feature on Corel and it works quite well most of the time.
You have to be careful to keep saving or you lose the lot in a crash or freeze
but for some reason this is not happening as often now.
I was bothered by jerky video but I think that's down to youtube and not the rendering.
Might build a powerhouse sometime and run Sony as it looks to have more features.
Most editors look the same so probably easy to move to a better one if needed.
For now Corel is nice and simple.

Reactions: Rayray
I've a new CGO3P back from Yuneec UK, this camera is properly focussed and I added a ND4 filter today, I'm over the moon at the improvement, no more camera complaining from me!

edited to vimeo hosting from dailymotion

looks good to me m8 nice one ;)

Reactions: banned user
Here are a few short clips from something I've now abandoned to redo again, it's all in the UHD at 24fps but there is some cropping going on as well as bad colour correction. The focussing I mentioned is there, you can see it's focussed almost to infinity but not exactly, the new camera is spot on.

edited to vimeo hosting from dailymotion

You seem to have a real talent for taking interesting shots! I've noticed with my TH that in low light, the focus is naturally softer than in bright light. Probably due to the high ISO or slow shutter speed required. In daylight, I use ND filters from PolarPro to keep the shutter speed close to 1/60th at 30 fps. It's also helpful to LOCK the white balance at some point where there is a good mix of colors in the view or use a white card ahead of time. Is Vimeo really better than YouTube?

Yep, Like it so far. I have Sony Vegas too but my machine is not able to keep up with it.
I use the Smart Proxy feature on Corel and it works quite well most of the time.
You have to be careful to keep saving or you lose the lot in a crash or freeze
but for some reason this is not happening as often now.
I was bothered by jerky video but I think that's down to youtube and not the rendering.
Might build a powerhouse sometime and run Sony as it looks to have more features.
Most editors look the same so probably easy to move to a better one if needed.
For now Corel is nice and simple.
Sony Vegas pro has proxy option since version 10 I think. Once you start color correcting and adding sharpness play back really slows down unless you use the proxy files that's for sure.

You seem to have a real talent for taking interesting shots! I've noticed with my TH that in low light, the focus is naturally softer than in bright light. Probably due to the high ISO or slow shutter speed required. In daylight, I use ND filters from PolarPro to keep the shutter speed close to 1/60th at 30 fps. It's also helpful to LOCK the white balance at some point where there is a good mix of colors in the view or use a white card ahead of time. Is Vimeo really better than YouTube?
gee, thanks I'm flattered ))) there's lots not how I wanted that little story of crab fishing to be, I only had a notion of what kind of music I wanted to put behind it, that was a mistake, all my shots were just too short to make interesting changes from scene to scene, when I go back out again to redo, I'm going to have the music playing in one ear, that should give ideas for short and long clips, - with that song, in general, I should have had lots of 8 second long shots...now I know )...I can't comment on youtube or vimeo, I've not really used either before, but I will say vimeo only allow you to upload 500mb per week..and youtube it unlimited as far as I know...( I can't upload my little finished farmers bailin hay vid to vimeo as it's 950mb alone...)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TroyBoy