Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1.2.9 Firmware update issues

Reaction score
I finally upgraded the Breeze from an old firmware (1.0.x).
(Im using a Sony Z5 and the Gamesir controller.)

This instantly got better:
  • The controller stays connected, no problems whatsoever anymore!
  • The Wifi shows up and connects faster than before.
This instantly got worse:
  • Wifi signal is lost in EVERY flight after about 4 minutes. Doesnt matter if the Breeze is 70m´s up or 10m.
    Raises, waits, then returns to take off point hovering. Usually the connection comes back just before it lands by itself.

It´s getting worse....today it lost wifi 3 meters from me after under 1 minute in the air. When I tried again the video feed froze. This is so sad and I don´t know what to do :( Any ideas?

Reactions: Derek Comer
So finally I've gotten it in writing from Yuneec: They are fully aware of the problems. These problems are adressed in the highest conceivable priority. Unfortunately the local subsidiaries, be it in the US or in Europe, are 100 percent dependent on the headquarters in Asia. All R&D and bugfixing is done there and only there. But Yuneec Europe assured me that a new firmware is to be expected in two week's time.

Reactions: southatlantic
In the meantime I'd recomend to downgrade with the firmware.bin that can be found in this forum. As some of the troubles are connected with the higher frequencies (802.11ac aka channels greater 48) one is best advised to use 802.11a, that is when the leg of your breeze blinks green.

Reactions: southatlantic
In the meantime I'd recomend to downgrade with the firmware.bin that can be found in this forum. As some of the troubles are connected with the higher frequencies (802.11ac aka channels greater 48) one is best advised to use 802.11a, that is when the leg of your breeze blinks green.

So finally I've gotten it in writing from Yuneec: They are fully aware of the problems. These problems are adressed in the highest conceivable priority. Unfortunately the local subsidiaries, be it in the US or in Europe, are 100 percent dependent on the headquarters in Asia. All R&D and bugfixing is done there and only there. But Yuneec Europe assured me that a new firmware is to be expected in two week's time.
2 weeks time is no good for me seeing as I'm going on holiday in a week. Been in touch with jessops about returning my breeze. Lost all confidence in it

No pressure perZZon.... But are you up yet?....lol
Yep, about 12 min of flight.

I´m not a man with patience so I calibrated it then I took it directly to 75m straight up, hovered for about 20 seconds then WIFI loss. BUT!
Even if it still sucks, I was able to reconnect in just 10 seconds (manually) compared to before when it took over one minute (and I had to catch
it half-way down from emergency landing.)

Lost wifi 3 times during the entire flight at:
75 straight up
30 m up, 30 m away
10 m up, 20 m away (actually it said "geo fence" but the settings are on full so that was quite weird).

So far, a little bit better but still totally unacceptable. I never had any issues before the latest two updates. No issues with the video feed though (until the wifi disconnected) so it seems more stable than before, no lag at all at 75m altitude.

Yep, about 12 min of flight.

I´m not a man with patience so I calibrated it then I took it directly to 75m straight up, hovered for about 20 seconds then WIFI loss. BUT!
Even if it still sucks, I was able to reconnect in just 10 seconds (manually) compared to before when it took over one minute (and I had to catch
it half-way down from emergency landing.)

Lost wifi 3 times during the entire flight at:
75 straight up
30 m up, 30 m away
10 m up, 20 m away (actually it said "geo fence" but the settings are on full so that was quite weird).

So far, a little bit better but still totally unacceptable. I never had any issues before the latest two updates. No issues with the video feed though (until the wifi disconnected) so it seems more stable than before, no lag at all at 75m altitude.

That what you want from a wifi drone, inadequate wifi, it's all going to end in tears this sage I can see it. Knew I should have saved up a bit more and bought a Karma or DJI

That what you want from a wifi drone, inadequate wifi, it's all going to end in tears this sage I can see it. Knew I should have saved up a bit more and bought a Karma or DJI
Well I´m feeling a bit more positive with this update and I probably could roll back to the firmware I had originally - the problem is that I don´t really know what I had before the upgrade.
I will probably go for the DJI Spark in the future.

Well I´m feeling a bit more positive with this update and I probably could roll back to the firmware I had originally - the problem is that I don´t really know what I had before the upgrade.
I will probably go for the DJI Spark in the future.
Short update: tested again on a big green open field. First message "compass error, interference". Must have been that metal plate in my head?? Took off, 10 seconds the wifi was lost.
This is so freakin annoying.

Short update: tested again on a big green open field. First message "compass error, interference". Must have been that metal plate in my head?? Took off, 10 seconds the wifi was lost.
This is so freakin annoying.
If u can return it and get a refund that's what I would do, mine can't be returned, so I'm stuck with it

If u can return it and get a refund that's what I would do, mine can't be returned, so I'm stuck with it
Don´t think I can. Gonna try with a friends iphone and se if it works, than I can at least sell it to a iphone user. Don´t want to pass the misery over to another android user like me :/

Hello,
I updated to latest version of Firmware and at least testing for 10 mins indoor problem of connection loss seemed to be solved. Today I try outdoor. Original version of firmware never gave me any problem. Hope Yuneec will solve soon this issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval