Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1.5.10 firmware now live!!!!!

Thought people might appreciate this, just tried connecting the ST16s controller to the Windows Desktop Datapilot Planner, and all went perfectly. Very quickly transferred mission plans to the controller, and flights logs back to the PC.

sorry, edited to add on the latest updates.

Reactions: MrMotley
@arruntus, hello.
I updated the H520, everything went well. The flight remains stable, I have not tested the new Orbit function yet.
But two things are weird.
1) the vertiginous drop in the battery passed the 30% announced and battery test after removing it still gives 45% on the charger.
2) And frankly, it's razor and scouring the loss of the camera configurarion with each ignition of the H520. I still film s UHD 3840x2160 50p and each time at startup I find myself in UHD 3840x2160 60p, I am forced to redo all settings before taking off. Do you have an idea ?

@arruntus, hello.
I updated the H520, everything went well. The flight remains stable, I have not tested the new Orbit function yet.
But two things are weird.
1) the vertiginous drop in the battery passed the 30% announced and battery test after removing it still gives 45% on the charger.
2) And frankly, it's razor and scouring the loss of the camera configurarion with each ignition of the H520. I still film s UHD 3840x2160 50p and each time at startup I find myself in UHD 3840x2160 60p, I am forced to redo all settings before taking off. Do you have an idea ?

1) Unfortunately and for medical reasons I still haven't been able to fly, and unfortunately for me, these last days we have good weather conditions .... but some companions have commented something about the batteries but not as exaggerated as you say. Before this big update it worked decently, once you land it is normal that the voltage stabilizes and indicates a little more than when you are in flight, but going from 30% to 45% is an exaggeration. That's mainly why I don't like to see the %, always preferable to look at the voltage, in this case total battery. By cell I would like even more. 3.7 volts per cell or 14.8V in total would be to start thinking about landing. I let it go down to 3.5V or 14V. That is, 14V on land, let's say the minimum that the battery has to have within reasonable margins. To go down from 3V per cell would be to throw away the battery, anyway the H520 lands alone before reaching those margins, to 3.4V per cell or there.

2) The loss of configuration of the parameters of the camera is doing it a long time ago, but with this update loses them all I seem to remember. I commented it in a post up there. As far as I know there is no way to make it remember them so it is advisable to review the parameters as soon as you start each flight. It's the same for me to put the framerate in "PAL" instead of in "NTSC", so that we understand what we're talking about. It should save them in the EPROM or in the SD card of the H520, or the ST16S, it doesn't matter, but somewhere it should save them and then read them correctly.

Also as intelligence, when you're in orbit, how are you doing to stop that orbit?

I'm sorry, I can't help you, I'm going to get all those doubts as soon as I get to it. I don't find how to program that type of flight as a mission. I imagine that they are those pending things that are still to be polished, as well as the exponentials and things that have come out with the last update but are missing.

No, the orbit can only be done in the field, you can not program it in datapilot. On the spot, you put the point on the center of the orbit that you want to make (H520 in the air) and you throw the mission. She does not fit into a scheduled mission yet. Yuneec is still far behind the others.
By cons I have absolutely nothing to understand the ROI function that is in datapilotplanner and how it works and what is the interest of the shot. If a charitable soul wants to explain to me because the camera does not point on it ....
A little explanation and a little notice from Yuneec would have been welcome, right?

No, the orbit can only be done in the field, you can not program it in datapilot. On the spot, you put the point on the center of the orbit that you want to make (H520 in the air) and you throw the mission. She does not fit into a scheduled mission yet. Yuneec is still far behind the others.
By cons I have absolutely nothing to understand the ROI function that is in datapilotplanner and how it works and what is the interest of the shot. If a charitable soul wants to explain to me because the camera does not point on it ....
A little explanation and a little notice from Yuneec would have been welcome, right?

The ROI is very simple to use. You set a ROI point, from that moment the camera looks at that point, you set waypoints, the route you want and the camera will keep looking at that ROI while the H520 moves through the waypoints. You set another ROI and then other waypoints and it moves to other points while looking at the new ROI. It's not a waypoint itself, it's a function that tells the camera where to look until told otherwise.

to break off a active orbit command. I had to change flight modes from angle to manual then back to angle. or angle to rtl then back to angle.

Reactions: arruntus
Tomorrow I'm going to fly some batteries, can you think of any test that needs to be done?

Do what you can, Arruntus and let yourself know. Try the ROI, if you can do it.
Oh, one last chose, to make your batteries fly, do not forget to put them in the H520
..... 14645

Last edited:
Do not do what you can, Arruntus and report to us if you want. Try the ROIs, if you can do it.
Oh one last thing, to fly your batteries, do not forget to put them in the H520 .....View attachment 14640 View attachment 14641

hahahaaaaaaaaa You're backkkkkkkkkkkk It's good to see you in a good humor :D

Now the one who is a little sick is me, but it doesn't matter, tomorrow with a little luck I won't break the little orange. The orbital flight of course is the first thing I'm going to try. A route with the ROI and see if I can get a route with terrain following. Finally a return to controller. With this I think I cover everything important. Tomorrow I'll tell you and see if we get something clear.

On Friday I spent 4 batteries. If you don't want to keep reading I'll sum it up, a total disaster, a lot of things I didn't like. Unfortunately I can't say anything else.

I'm going little by little and I think there are so many things that I'll forget some.
  • The parameters of the camera of 4 times, it only remember them 1 time.
  • I once lost coverage less than 20 meters away.
  • The application was restarted twice, in mid-flight and another one loading a route.
  • Try the Orbital function. In flight press the screen and allow me to define the center and radius of the circumference. Things to keep in mind. Start this type of mission at the height of the drone at that moment. But the problem is that it now performs either the mission transfer or the RTL at full speed. It can't go any faster, which almost costs me to lose the drone. When you activate the RTL function descends at full speed also, does it in a too abrupt way, but not the last stretch, the automatic maneuvers, due to go at full speed, movements are very abrupt and force engines, battery and propellers without need, apart, to spend more battery without need.
  • We have been told that the Orbit function has not yet been completed. I can vouch for that. Half of the trajectory is done by moving a little laterally and then turning, a little laterally and then turning to aim at all times at the center. It doesn't really make a movement of translation and rotation at the same time. In addition, it does so with an excessively slow speed. After checking the images I also see numerous small jumps in the image which makes the shot unusable.
  • 80% of the time you have to take a picture for the ST16S to show the image of the camera.
  • Try a route with ROI points. The camera points to where it has to point but the movements are very sharp. I did the route with the default speed and bad results. I repeated the same route again at 2 m/s, the results much better but the same when it makes the transition from one ROI to another, it does it very abruptly. It is necessary to control the movements of the gimbal much more smoothly, that the transition is smooth even if it is slower, something that has been asked for since the first day. He also makes corrections to where he has to look.
  • The zoom is a function that you can like or not, but if you want to use it, not to lose too much quality you can not exceed 4x. In the same way, the transition of the increases is to blows, to jumps. It would be better to use a slider to select the particular zoom, and then do it smoothly, even if it means losing magnifications.
  • The return to controller function works in principle as it should, except you can't select it in flight or before using it. You have to do this before taking off. .
The function terrain following I could not prove it, it is pending for the next trip.

P.D.: I forgot to tell you, the last video was not saved correctly.

Have you noticed since V1.5 on any version how slow the copter tilts and accelerates? Remember you have to go into settings to change default 22 mph to 30 max horizontal after any updates. But that makes no difference, it appears the engineers have now messed with the Expo settings that the thing now flies at a crawl and does not tilt very deep anymore.
This has been proven by comparing it side by side with my H Plus....I do hope they dont start messing with that now as well. My faith in what these engineers are now doing to the H520 is dwindling very much lately and it bothers me.

Reactions: arruntus
@arruntus, I see that your tests went very well and that your enthusiasm exceeds all the limits ....
In short me too, after doing some test yesterday and as good as yours (the H520 kept waddling on site etc ....), I did others today. That happiness, no disconnection, incredible stability despite a small wind of 20 km / h. , Disconnection and reconnection more loss of presets photos and videos, the orbit (manual certe) without Suddenly, trajectories with the cord. Finally I find a good device well stable and confident ..
Certainly, it does not have all the functions and technology that DJI has put in its devices, but a team of glandus can not get to their ankle. If Yuneec decided to make himself Hara-Kiri alone, that's his problem.
Flashback this morning from Radio and H520
In short, What a good device with its firmware 1.7.3-1.42.
(By the way, it may be the only good they have laid)

@arruntus, I see that your tests went very well and that your enthusiasm exceeds all the limits ....
In short me too, after doing some test yesterday and as good as yours (the H520 kept waddling on site etc ....), I did others today. That happiness, no disconnection, incredible stability despite a small wind of 20 km / h. , Disconnection and reconnection more loss of presets photos and videos, the orbit (manual certe) without Suddenly, trajectories with the cord. Finally I find a good device well stable and confident ..
Certainly, it does not have all the functions and technology that DJI has put in its devices, but a team of glandus can not get to their ankle. If Yuneec decided to make himself Hara-Kiri alone, that's his problem.
Flashback this morning from Radio and H520
In short, What a good device with its firmware 1.7.3-1.42.
(By the way, it may be the only good they have laid)

What?

I know there are issues with translation, but honestly, I am unable to understand whether or not @claudius62 is happy or disgusted with his H520 and the latest firmware he has loaded to it.

Any chance of one or two sentences summarizing what is attempting to be said?

Apologies in advance. I just want to comprehend.

Jeff

Reactions: DroneCalzone
What?

I know there are issues with translation, but honestly, I am unable to understand whether or not @claudius62 is happy or disgusted with his H520 and the latest firmware he has loaded to it.

Any chance of one or two sentences summarizing what is attempting to be said?

Apologies in advance. I just want to comprehend.

Jeff

Jeff, you should know him by now, it's pure and hard sarcasm. The truth is that after testing, the results are quite disappointing. Progress has been made but very little. There are still all the new functions, green and also fail in what has been asked for a long time. I don't want a robocop drone, I want a drone that provides smooth movements, that provides usable images, that doesn't fence at full speed to stop suddenly, etc.

It is very difficult to achieve two or three movements simultaneously with smoothness at normal speed. It is necessary those expo that were announced in the update, but that do not appear anywhere. Only with that, the story would change a lot.

This is Arruntus summed up my thoughts very well. The H520 I love it with its firmware 1.7.3-1.4.2. For a year I play with and I like its sweetness when you go slowly with the joysticks. I want to improve the firmware, but it goes in the right direction, we do not make a device that advances with kicks in the ***. Who does not make jerky rotations. Who stays connected without interruption. That does not lose all the settings each time you turn it on. In short, that does not stress us before each flight.
And that's not what is done at each new mark-up.
In my company, someone who did not work or did not give satisfaction to the task that was asked of him, was fired.
Yuneec, I think, has household to do at home if he wants to regain credibility.
I'm sorry if the Google translation is as shitty as Yuneec's firmware.
Arruntus , "1.5.10 firmware now live!!!!!"........... You should never have opened the post...:)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atas77my