Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1.5.10 firmware now live!!!!!

New datapilot 1.5 seems to be uncompatible with 1.0.52 E90 fw. first start everything ok but DataPilot crashed and after restart there is video but no possibility to change camera settings.
EDIT: nope after update to 1.0.56_A the same problem, after DataPilot restart that's impossible to control camera settings.

New Datapilot have resolved problem with hidding telemetry display after double tap.
Also in Wp and ROI settings interface changed to previous version without sliders to adjust altitude.
DataPilot still don't properly shows RTGS/RT.

Re - E90 update Version 1.0.56 I had the same problem with not being able to control the camera and settings.. Note yours is the "A"_America... firmware, however I am on the 1.0.56_E... Europe!
Well tbh after hit the link reset all is okay, so not a massive issue while on the ground lol.. Link does seem more stable than the previous 1.0.52_E version firmware.. Will need to test out in the field later..

DataFlight
That's strange because after every crash of DataPilot in flight its imposiible to reconnect without power off H520. I've reverted to previous DataPilot version.

BTW in new DatPilot 1.5 faulty concave polygon option gone.

okay this is weird the new data pilot changed the arrow from normal to q ground control icon for the h520 craft. and the slave mode button started working for me finally
(looks like it been broken for me till now)

update I also had a issue with e90 connection had to go out of data pilot and go to android screen settings wifi and select e90 camera and was able to get it running (for some reason password failed in data pilot but worked in android settings) Was running into connection control issues with data pilot until I went back to android screen setting wifi and disconnected e90 camera and restarted data pilot. gained full control with all camera settings and was switching back and forth between still camera and video camera numerous times with out a problem. digital zoom still works and able to access all camera settings. still have the q ground control icon not the yuneec icon. Also the dreaded digital signature conflict raised it ugly head again which forced me to uninstall data pilot and install a fresh copy. yuneec update program went from 1.52 to 1.53.

Last edited:
For a change, now I was the one who was lucky and updated everything to the first :p

Different things I've noticed. When updating the E90 all the lights have been blinking yellow. After checking that I connected correctly to the ST16S and with the lights still in yellow even though had finished the update, I proceeded to reset both the H520 and ST16S. It connects seamlessly to the E90.

For all of you who have problems connecting, reset the E90 as described above. Remember that the first time it didn't work for me but the second time it did.

The first thing I have detected is a new option in the E90. "File Numbering Option" with two options, Auto Reset (I imagine that with each flight starts the numbering again in a different folder each time), and Sequential that as its name indicates will be an incremental number. The Distortion Correction option was enabled by default. I reset all to default values. I have erased the DataPilot cache and all its data, I prefer to have everything clean and I avoid that data different from the previous version influence in the new version.

The "seen" checkbox controls are now square.

Double-click on the screen, hide and show the GUI.

When we download offline maps, we have more sources to choose from. To highlight the new terrain services.

With this small bug fix update we need to go over everything we've already looked at.

Reactions: DataFlight
When planning routes, you now have to click on altitude to choose the type of altitude from a drop-down menu. By default, relative to the home, something practical since it is almost always going to be like this and this way the GUI options are simplified. . Some options that previously didn't seem to work have disappeared.

Unless youre on a mac and its still in flagmingouation language, which I believe most of the world does not speak

:oops:

I installed it just before putting the message and everything normal, in English that even I am able to understand :p

P.D.: I don't touch a mac, apple and company, not even with a stick :D

Reactions: MrMotley and AH-1G
has any one else got the message reboot the h520 before flight after the gimbal calibration is done. Did 8 battery test flights with the new firmware to see if I going to have any major issues with this new firmware. tested orbit function slow but good. never did work with mission planning portion of the datapilot software until today.

Last edited:
has any one else got the message reboot the h520 before flight after the gimbal calibration is done. Did 8 battery test flights with the new firmware to see if I going to have any major issues with this new firmware. tested orbit function slow but good. never did work with mission planning portion of the datapilot software until today.
Yes, I think it's the new camera firmware causing this which is probably going to be a new requirement

Yes, I think it's the new camera firmware causing this which is probably going to be a new requirement

Have you installed the latest version and you still don't have it in english?

From what you have tried in those flights, it seems that you are the only one who is flying, have you found anything to mention, any failure or something to highlight? What are your impressions?

Reactions: AH-1G
Trying out how to setup a auto obit mission in data pilot (only manual obit setups outside of mission planner). Have not got that figured out yet. On orbit I have to do a few more flights to confirm. I may be able to do a oval type not just plain circle when using one of the sticks .Going to have to pay attention to which one. Spiral orbit is very possible. Did a few basic surveys have to review the pictures taken to see the how well done they are. One issue I still have is where the video feed and the telemetry come though but the st16s says no camera attached. On one flight I was able to take of and have full control of the aircraft when the controller still had the waiting for aircraft message which then bit later inflight changed to angle mode. All flights had solid 3d dgps gps locks. Have not tested zoom in flight yet. That will come later. Next round of flights most likely when I am on vacation in southwest Missouri. Weather in northwest Ohio not going to be in my favor either snow or rain or the temps going to be to cold. Due to the hours of work weekends are the only time I can get out to fly.

Reactions: arruntus
Trying out how to setup a auto obit mission in data pilot (only manual obit setups outside of mission planner DataPilotPlanner). Have not got that figured out yet

In flight it seems that you can plan a circular flight, but planning a circular mission in DataPilotPlanner I have not found it either. They have removed several options with this last update, I think something was wrong and they are fixing it. Let's hope it's not going to take long.

If you haven't had signal coverage problems as some peers have reported, it's a good "signal" :p

One issue I still have is where the video feed and the telemetry come though but the st16s says no camera attached.

I don't understand this very well, when does this happen to you? When is it connecting to the H520 or when?

On one flight I was able to take of and have full control of the aircraft when the controller still had the waiting for aircraft message which then bit later inflight changed to angle mode

This, though it may seem strange, is a very good thing. We've already checked it many times, when the DataPilot crashes, you don't lose control of the H520. The main controls, like any other drone, go one way and the flight planning goes the other way.

See if you're lucky and you can fly. Here now the snow is being removed, this morning it seemed that the car was on ice skates....... And when it doesn't snow, you have to put boats on the wheels, water to stop a train........... o_O

the issue with having video and telemetry but the st16s no camera is occurring randomly. when I turn on the h520 for the first time it shows the e90 camera other time no camera. when the flight ends and I have to change the h520 battery I can have the issue when start the h520 backup for next flight. I get the e90 camera to show up on the st16s after I either pull the e90 camera off the h520 and reinsert the e90 camera with the h520 still powered on or power cycle the h520 after pulling and reinserting the e90 camera back on the h520. sometimes multi attempts have to be done to get the e90 camera online.

the issue with having video and telemetry but the st16s no camera is occurring randomly. when I turn on the h520 for the first time it shows the e90 camera other time no camera. when the flight ends and I have to change the h520 battery I can have the issue when start the h520 backup for next flight. I get the e90 camera to show up on the st16s after I either pull the e90 camera off the h520 and reinsert the e90 camera with the h520 still powered on or power cycle the h520 after pulling and reinserting the e90 camera back on the h520. sometimes multi attempts have to be done to get the e90 camera online.

Another thing to try, thank you Terrence

I've updated everything successfully (I think!) but not yet tested although Datapilot on my Mac is in a foreign language also!

I've had this too. All updates went smoothly OTA but since the latest one, randomly the E90 won't connect. It goes like this:
•power on st16s
•power on h520
•connects with both video feed, control and telemetry showing
•all lights on h520 flash yellow (indicating manual bind)
•where the E90 onscreen controls are it states 'no camera's
•video feed from camera is still live and camera controls work apart from start stop record/still

Seems to be randomly occurring and no obvious fix. Have tried being methodical about power cycling, removing and reattaching E90, nothing... Just sometimes after a power cycle it works.

This currently renders the H520 inoperable for me as I'm not risking taking it on a job and having to constantly power cycle until the camera works in front of a client.

I've had this too. All updates went smoothly OTA but since the latest one, randomly the E90 won't connect. It goes like this:
•power on st16s
•power on h520
•connects with both video feed, control and telemetry showing
•all lights on h520 flash yellow (indicating manual bind)
•where the E90 onscreen controls are it states 'no camera's
•video feed from camera is still live and camera controls work apart from start stop record/still

Seems to be randomly occurring and no obvious fix. Have tried being methodical about power cycling, removing and reattaching E90, nothing... Just sometimes after a power cycle it works.

This currently renders the H520 inoperable for me as I'm not risking taking it on a job and having to constantly power cycle until the camera works in front of a client.
Same here matey... Not flying due to this issue.. proper pain in the rectum!

Reactions: MrMotley
Try both to reset the E90. You have a picture in this thread or in the procedure thread in the help section which is the button you have to hold down for 20 seconds when you turn on the camera.

I also had a lot of problems and doing it (I had to do it twice, the first time it didn't work for me), it has been solved. To some other member of the forum too.

Do the test and tell us to see if it has been fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss