Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1.5.10 firmware now live!!!!!

Try both to reset the E90. You have a picture in this thread or in the procedure thread in the help section which is the button you have to hold down for 20 seconds when you turn on the camera.

I also had a lot of problems and doing it (I had to do it twice, the first time it didn't work for me), it has been solved. To some other member of the forum too.

Do the test and tell us to see if it has been fixed.
Thanks arruntus, I'll give it a go and let you know.

Reactions: DataFlight
any one tried another camera besides the e90. like either ctego or e50. is this problem confined to e90 only?

I only have the CGOET and I didn't notice the problems the E90 users are posting. I may fly some tomorrow afternoon to confirm this.

those who flew cgoet's any datapilot software problems you may have had or no problems at all.
okay so far this problem may be isolated to just the e90 camera then. meaning that the main h520 flight control software and datapilot software may be good.

I emailed Yuneec UK about this and they have advised that the yellow lights indicate a bad update. They have asked for the who kit back and they are going to flash and test it. Can't fault unique UKs customer service, they've always been amazing but gotta say I'm now feeling a bit concerned about the H520 as a stable, reliable work horse...
Thanks arruntus, I'll give it a go and let you know.

I emailed Yuneec UK about this and they have advised that the yellow lights indicate a bad update. They have asked for the who kit back and they are going to flash and test it. Can't fault unique UKs customer service, they've always been amazing but gotta say I'm now feeling a bit concerned about the H520 as a stable, reliable work horse...

I also had all the yellow lights and after resetting the camera everything was fixed. The Yuneec UK service I also think is the best, but by doing that you can simply save yourself from having to send the drone. This same situation I have commented on in the thread. Don't worry, by resetting the camera, you won't break anything.

F.Y.I - Small update to Flight control v1.8.0-1.5.11 and Datapilot 1.5.0.1 Available to download...
Seems to have resolved E90 issues with screen control commands, after restart/loss of signal etc. etc.
Unable to fly due to 60 mph winds..Blah

Datapilot - update, in mission planner, under the waypoint camera settings we now have -

No Change
Take a photo
Take photos (Time)
Take photos (Distance)
Stop taking photos
Start recording video
Stop recording video

Is (Time) Timelapse?
Has anybody used this function on mission planner?
Not noticed on last update (ALTHOUGH WAS THERE), due to non flight caused by previous issues with E90

Attachments

• Update.jpg
    Update.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
F.Y.I - Small update to Flight control v1.8.0-1.5.11 and Datapilot 1.5.0.1 Available to download...
Seems to have resolved E90 issues with screen control commands, after restart/loss of signal etc. etc.
Unable to fly due to 60 mph winds..Blah

Datapilot - update, in mission planner, under the waypoint camera settings we now have -

No Change
Take a photo
Take photos (Time)
Take photos (Distance)
Stop taking photos
Start recording video
Stop recording video

Is (Time) Timelapse?
Has anybody used this function on mission planner?
Not noticed on last update (ALTHOUGH WAS THERE), due to non flight caused by previous issues with E90

It was in the last one already, and yes, it is a timeslapse. It's a manual way to take pictures in case you get that tip. I mean that you know the speed at which the aircraft flies, so you know how many seconds you have to take a picture to get the overlap you want.

P.D.: As these are small updates, I update the information in the first post.

Just updated both OTA. All worked just fine. No warnings no errors.
Looks like they fixed the signature issue with Datapilot and I can now update the H520 OTA rather then the SD card which couldn’t do the last 3 updates.

Now DataPilot 1.5.0.1 crash every H520 shut down. I dont know what happens on connection lost.

Yeah literally just updated to the latest point release and all went well using OTA process, updating the ST16s first. Looking forward to trying out the terrain following on Tuesday on a survey job thats been outstanding for a bit. Might get to try POI too, although I'd really prefer that in the mission planner.

okay finally some improvements made. gimbal calibration now finishes. data pilot will give no gps message on screen when no gps signal can be found. when shutting down the h520 by power button. will exit data pilot software to android screen . For me that is mixed good and bad. on the controller it can be hard to get the android screen to check for updates when first power on and loads up the data pilot software. With this glitch It makes it easier for me to get to the update pilot and check for firmware updates.

Surprise surprise, after trying the last update, everything worked less well and now I've turned on everything to update to the last small and asks me the password of the camera :oops:

Upgrading without a problem, using OTA.

It's very rare to turn off the H520, and have the DataPilot restart itself.

Since version 1.5 every time you record video, the image is cut and takes between 1 and 2 seconds to display it again while recording. Once it has taken 10 seconds to return, which is no longer "funny" :rolleyes:

Now after several attempts to connect to the camera I had to restart the H520 to watch video without success. I had to restart both H520 and ST16S. Something that with the previous version had not happened to me. Only after taking a picture has the image returned :rolleyes:

As they have not given us information on the bugs corrected, and seeing that others have come out and more serious than the previous ones, I can only ask for one thing. Dear Yuneec, are you sure software developers don't get another DJI paycheck? :eek:

So Arruntus this update "a little bit messy", I must do it or wait a little longer.
For now, my H520 still flies as well with the firmware of July 2017 !!!!

So Arruntus this update "a little bit messy", I must do it or wait a little longer.
For now, my H520 still flies as well with the firmware of July 2017 !!!!

Well, maybe you're better off leaving him standing. I'm not sure :rolleyes:

The joy of having a lot of new things has become that half of them do not appear, problems arise, get updates to correct them, these updates generate more or new problems. I'm glad it's at least in winter and that we have so bad weather here :cool:

not noticed before this update. the controller starts acting screwy when the battery for it hits in the 30 percent range and the sticks start acting up at 20 percent and below (atleast j3). full battery controller is rock solid. there is a 1sec 2 sec max delay on video recording with full st16s battery. 30 percent and lower there can be issues with the recording function. Looking forward to feb 22 to march 2nd to test the firmware. 16 flights at the very least to at most over 100 pending weather condtions and any faa tfr's.

Last edited:
Finally, it's funny this situation. I experienced the same thing two or three years ago with Mr. DJI and his more than crappy updates. Besides my Inspire always flies under a firmware of April 2016 and does everything I ask him without worries.
I thought, I'll take an H520 to do the tandem and paf! same situation as DJI with a nice return in a few years. Finally, one is not better than the other. We hurry to release a device "unfinalized" by saying that we can improve after all to generate a turnover as quickly as possible.
But it's a challenge. Modifying a computer program by grafting it as additions can only cause problems in the codes. (having been a computer scientist, I know what I'm talking about)
It is sometimes faster and easier to put everything flat and rewrite everything from the beginning.
In short, with Yuneec, I see that we did not leave the hostel either.
As Arruntus said, maybe Yuneec got the old Dji programmer team back .....

Reactions: arruntus
Any one else notice there is a option in data pilot in mission planner for custom 3rd party camera setup. not just a area for custom settings for yuneec cameras.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss