Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1.5.10 firmware now live!!!!!

As you will notice when updating to the latest Datapilot 1.4.44.47 it requires you to delete the current 1.4.6.8 because of a signature clash where the developers have not changed the signature for the update file (mentioned previously above). I have a lot of downloaded offline maps and do not wish to lose those when deleting Datapilot. I have looked through the android files on a pc with the ST16s hooked up and also datapilot files on the pc but cannot find where the offline maps are stored so that I can copy them across before updating and having to delete the current datapilot. Does anyone know the location of the stored offline maps. Thank you

Just did an ota update via st16s and updatepilot! [emoji16]
Looking forward to trying out the new features, particularly interested to see how well the auto altitude setting works.[emoji848]

ROI is a WP function in the mapping screen. The circle command can be brought up by tapping on the map while flying.
Thanks 10-8 will have a look when giving this new firmware a test fly tomorrow morning. So to be clear, take off switch to map view then that will show a POI command?

As you will notice when updating to the latest Datapilot 1.4.44.47 it requires you to delete the current 1.4.6.8 because of a signature clash where the developers have not changed the signature for the update file (mentioned previously above). I have a lot of downloaded offline maps and do not wish to lose those when deleting Datapilot. I have looked through the android files on a pc with the ST16s hooked up and also datapilot files on the pc but cannot find where the offline maps are stored so that I can copy them across before updating and having to delete the current datapilot. Does anyone know the location of the stored offline maps. Thank you

**EDIT**
UPDATE
I have now managed to do this by updating via the SD card and NOT OTA, I also told the update to update all and not just new files. It then went through ok. OTA updating seems to cause some real good conflictions, you just cant beat the good old way of doing it manually. All offline maps still intact.
But here's the best part. 1.4.44.47 now has the ability to export and import offline maps now.
Hope this helps anyone else having this problem.

Reactions: Steve Carr
If you think it's OK, I'm going to put in the first thread, tips and procedures of this version as we go discovering and make it easier for everyone to find them. I think that this thread, because of the importance of the update is going to be very long.

Please share your experiences and what you think is new to go commenting among all :D

Reactions: Steve Carr
using the hdmi output on the st16s .It is possible (needs testing to confirm) to now setup for duo screen one showing the map and one showing what the and just camera see. setting found under hdmi output on datapilot.

I'll tell you my experience updating. Starting from the previous update, the last one due to bad weather had not even applied, I tried to go to the desktop to run the updater and I had to restart the ST16S because it did not show me anything.

I check that the version I have installed of UpdatePilot is older than the one available for manual download. Tonight something has changed and I can no longer download it. I proceed to uninstall the version of UpdatePilot I have installed and reinstall it from Google Play.

I proceed to do the update, like the last time, with the H520 off I update the ST16S first. All correct and is updated to the first. I turn on the H520 with the E90 connected, and proceed to do the update again. All correct, and updated to the first.

I connect the H520 with the E90 on. It updates without problem the gimbal and the E90. I get an error when updating the flight controller, "Can't connect to update server". Restart H520.

Still not connected to the aircraft, I run DataPilot and the first thing it tells me is that the format of the options is different and that resets all options to default values. So far so good. Still, I make sure I delete the cache from the program and fly it to run.

I copied to the E90 SD card the firmware of the flight controller, the gimbal and the E90 so that it is updated by "hand". But it does not establish connection with the aircraft.

I keep fighting, I'm telling you.

I had a little bit different experience with the latest update. I reset the st16s controller wiping out data pilot and yuneec update. got yuneec update though google play it was the old version but was able to get the latest yuneec updater installed without problems. Installed new data pilot on st16s. Then powered on h520 got the yuneec update program running. However I had a issue right after gimbal firmware installed. the yuneec update program crashed out. Had to restart the yuneec update got the flight control and camera firmware installed with no problems after that. No issues with connecting to the 520 craft.

Pufffffffff I keep telling you. In the end I had to put in an old version of the E90 in order to establish a connection. Then I tried to update the AutoPilot and the E90 and it failed again. I have put an old version of AutoPilot and the E90 and right now iva to update and new version of UpdatePilot V1.5.3. I imagine that to solve all these problems.

After 20,000 tests, I've already updated everything but the E90. I just install the previous version to be able to connect to the E90.

I try again using UpdatePilot and crash. Try again, download again the 60Mb of the E90 update, pass it to the E90, decompress it and is not able to update the E90.

I hope to see if they can fix it during the day.

P.D.: @SeeHigher The same thing's been happening to me all morning.

Can we check if the pattern is by the difference of versions by location?

I think the E version, the European version is the one that is failing because those who have worked you use the American version?

Can you confirm to me some European that works correctly for you?

I’ve updated all ok. Had to delete the old version of Datapilot and it worked.
First test flight all good no issues noticed.
Pinch to Zoom works ok.
POI also works well but flight was very very slow. Maybe some settings that I haven’t delved into yet.

So far though all good.

Can’t you save them to an SD card in the controller?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone