Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1.5.10 firmware now live!!!!!

@arruntus I have gone to the following download page for the 520:

Downloads H520

I do not see the recently updated files there... is there another location, so I can update that documentation page with the correct, most recent files?

I saw the same. I believe that to the US Yuneec site still has the old firmware.

Commercial: EN - Downloads H520

Guessing by the URL, this us Yuneec GB and it has the latest firmware.

Downloads for our products | Firmware & Manuals - Yuneec

So is OTA update via UpdatePilot still an issue or...? Just seems everyone's experience is different as "making" the new firmware work.

I saw the same. I believe that to the US Yuneec site still has the old firmware.

Commercial: EN - Downloads H520

Guessing by the URL, this us Yuneec GB and it has the latest firmware.

Downloads for our products | Firmware & Manuals - Yuneec

So is OTA update via UpdatePilot still an issue or...? Just seems everyone's experience is different as "making" the new firmware work.
I did the update via OTA. Only issue I had was Datapilot would not update. I uninstalled datapilot on the st16, the installed the new version that OTA had left in file manager on the st16 android tablet.

Update was smooth. I deleted the cache (not everything would go), removed and reinstalled Update Pilot and after that the update was automatic, bar tapping the screen to proceed. I may be able to fly this week, but the weather is presently poor.

There is a bug or intentional change that now view without telemetry data etc. not working? Only on Datapilot startup we can double tap and change view to that mode.Screenshot_2019-01-21-12-49-17.png

@arruntus I have gone to the following download page for the 520:

Downloads H520

I do not see the recently updated files there... is there another location, so I can update that documentation page with the correct, most recent files?

I did not want to put the link of the distributors because in the end we run a lot, and it happens like now, that many have had problems with the update.

Even so, I updated it with the final versions and I have everything updated except the E90. Halfway through the update stops, and there's no way to establish communication anymore. I've tried it many times in different ways, by hand, with OTA, with the version of the flight controller, with.......

Now it has just occurred to me that the same change everything to previous versions, I have downloaded or otherwise using the link to the drive of the partner, in case someone needs it. In this way I will start "from 0" and see if it let me update everything without problem.

For now there are two of us in the forum that have the same problem.

Last edited:
The light wasn't the best but not too bad.
Went out and tested POI today. Works pretty well. Take off, open the map view, tap on the map where you want your POI. A pop up opens asking if you want to fly to that point or orbit that point. A circle appears that you can change the size of and you can reposition the POI. When your happy you have to swipe the screen to confirm and the h520 flies to the edge of the circle and starts the POI. You can change speed and direction using the Aileron stick and decrease the size of the circle using the elevator stick. You cannot increase the size of the circle beyond the size you created on the map. You have to edit that on the map page. Once the POI has started you can go to the normal camera view page and also adjust camera angle.

With your permission, I'm going to add the procedure you described and the video to the initial post. I will also add it to procedures post on the help section.

Thank you :D:D:D

I did not want to put the link of the distributors because in the end we run a lot, and it happens like now, that many have had problems with the update.

Even so, I updated it with the final versions and I have everything updated except the E90. Halfway through the update stops, and there's no way to establish communication anymore. I've tried it many times in different ways, by hand, with OTA, with the version of the flight controller, with.......

Now it has just occurred to me that the same change everything to previous versions, I have downloaded or otherwise using the link to the drive of the partner, in case someone needs it. In this way I will start "from 0" and see if it let me update everything without problem.

For now there are two of us in the forum that have the same problem.

Thanks... that was my concern too... inadvertently putting up a link that is "not ready for prime time" and subsequently causing more issues. Please LMK via this thread or via PM, when you think it would be OK to make these update pages live.

Thanks... that was my concern too... inadvertently putting up a link that is "not ready for prime time" and subsequently causing more issues. Please LMK via this thread or via PM, when you think it would be OK to make these update pages live.

On Saturday, at the end of the day, the official pages in all languages were updated. Previously they had done it through OTA. I understand that when they make them available through OTA they should already be official, but we already see that they have given problems and have subsequently updated the UpdatePilot, which is the first thing I tried on Saturday at first hour. uffffffffffff is difficult to say, in theory when they publish it in the official pages................

No you just pinch two fingers on the screen and it will zoom in.
I didn’t need to double tap

I update the first post with this procedure as well. Between all of us we are getting how all the functionalities work.

Thank you :D:D:D

Has anyone updated their cgoet? I have and noticed that the thermal looks much clearer.... did anyone else experience this as well?

Reactions: BigAl07
Has anyone updated their cgoet? I have and noticed that the thermal looks much clearer.... did anyone else experience this as well?
I will try the whole full update tomorrow, and will post if that is also the case with my birdy with CGOET :)

I need to do this update and would be very happy if the thermal image improves.

I just need someone to hold my hand through the update because I've never done one yet with the H520. LOL

Eh Gently, they have already found a way to put us orbit the H520 (after a year anyway). Leave them time, they have not finished getting all the source code at DJI ..... Hi Hi ....

xDDDDDDDddddddddddddddd

I don't know about the others, but I missed you :p

P.S.: With the bad day I've had, it feels good to laugh a little. On the other hand it is snowing a lot.............................

I need to do this update and would be very happy if the thermal image improves.

I just need someone to hold my hand through the update because I've never done one yet with the H520. LOL

No problem, it's easy (if it works well, but it's not in our hands).

First, update UpdatePilot like any other application on an Android device. Probably, just by running it you will be asked to update the application itself.

You must have the H520 and ST16S charged, at least 50% for the update to run smoothly.

I usually update the ST16S first, with the H520 turned off, when everything is correct, I turn on the H520 and execute again the UpdatePilot, the H520 will be updated.

It takes a while, but theoretically it should be a very simple process, you'll tell us how it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech