Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1.5.10 firmware now live!!!!!

Today January 18, 2019 the update 1.5.10 has been published.

> ORBIT FLIGHT
Lets the H520 circle around the Pilot/Remote Control in a user defined distance, always pointing the camera to the center of the circle.

> POI/ROI SUPPORT
Region of Interest (ROI) allows the user to set a point of interest, for which the camera will stay focused.

> RETURN TO CONTROLLER
This feature lets the H520 return to the position of the controller instead of the launch position.

> E90 DIGITAL ZOOM
The new digital zoom feature allows the user to digitally zoom in and out with two finger gesture. Zoom factor is up to 8x, whereas the view on the ST16S is lossless up to 4x.

> DATAPILOT CRASH LOGGING
Allows for better analysis of software crashes.

> TERRAIN FOLLOWING
With terrain follow, the H520 adjusts its flying height in correspondence to the map’s height data.

> CONCAVE POLYGON MISSION SUPPORT
Mission polygons can now be concave.

> GENERAL
Software improvements and bug fixes

Firmwares

Flight Control H520 -------------> v1.8.0-1.5.10​
E50 ----------------------------------------> v1.1.06​
E90 ----------------------------------------> v1.0.52​
ET ------------------------------------------> v0.2.14​
Gimbal -----------------------------------> v2.40.3​
DataPilot Android ------------------> v1.4.44.47​
DataPilot Desktop ------------------> v1.4.6.8​
UpdatePilot ----------------------------> v1.5.03​

Update tips (thanks to all) :

(10-8) ROI is a WP function in the mapping screen. The circle command can be brought up by tapping on the map while flying.

This is great news, I parted with my H520 due to the lack of these features being implemented.

Will be interested to hear from users on how well they work, NOT having POI was a killer for me.

This is great news, I parted with my H520 due to the lack of these features being implemented.

Will be interested to hear from users on how well they work, NOT having POI was a killer for me.

Has ROI (Region Of Interest) is the same. POI is registered by DJI???

I friend has been playing with the POI feature. It is accessed after take off from the map view screen. I gather you tap a point on the map to set the point. The couple of videos I saw looked very promising, although I think an option of a point from the camera view as well, as done by other companies would have been nice. Not tried it myself yet. Testing tomorrow.

Reactions: arruntus
region of interest ROI was originally used by arducopter/pixhawk long before djis poi

Yes, but it has become much more famous POI because there are many more users with DJI. For those who don't know it's the same.

@SeeHigher have you managed to update the E90?

It fails me over and over and I can't do it. It doesn't matter if I update it by hand or with UpdatePilot. I have reset the ST16S to factory settings and still nothing.

I friend has been playing with the POI feature. It is accessed after take off from the map view screen. I gather you tap a point on the map to set the point. The couple of videos I saw looked very promising, although I think an option of a point from the camera view as well, as done by other companies would have been nice. Not tried it myself yet. Testing tomorrow.

@Kev Waite If you put some video so we can see how it works, it would be great.

I can't, so it's raining and because this **** thing won't let me update it :confused:

Reactions: FasterPastor
IMHO, you should not be able to register or trademark an acronym, or function like that.

The important thing is that they have a feature that does that function. Let us know when it stops raining and you get to try it, I was doing cell phone tower inspections and mapping and did not want a drone that could not do that.

Keep us updated

Reactions: arruntus
Today January 18, 2019 the update 1.5.10 has been published.

> ORBIT FLIGHT
Lets the H520 circle around the Pilot/Remote Control in a user defined distance, always pointing the camera to the center of the circle.

> POI/ROI SUPPORT
Region of Interest (ROI) allows the user to set a point of interest, for which the camera will stay focused.

> RETURN TO CONTROLLER
This feature lets the H520 return to the position of the controller instead of the launch position.

> E90 DIGITAL ZOOM
The new digital zoom feature allows the user to digitally zoom in and out with two finger gesture. Zoom factor is up to 8x, whereas the view on the ST16S is lossless up to 4x.

> DATAPILOT CRASH LOGGING
Allows for better analysis of software crashes.

> TERRAIN FOLLOWING
With terrain follow, the H520 adjusts its flying height in correspondence to the map’s height data.

> CONCAVE POLYGON MISSION SUPPORT
Mission polygons can now be concave.

> GENERAL
Software improvements and bug fixes

Firmwares

Flight Control H520 -------------> v1.8.0-1.5.10​
E50 ----------------------------------------> v1.1.06​
E90 ----------------------------------------> v1.0.52​
ET ------------------------------------------> v0.2.14​
Gimbal -----------------------------------> v2.40.3​
DataPilot Android ------------------> v1.4.44.47​
DataPilot Desktop ------------------> v1.4.6.8​
UpdatePilot ----------------------------> v1.5.03​

Update tips (thanks to all) :

(10-8) ROI is a WP function in the mapping screen. The circle command can be brought up by tapping on the map while flying.

Any manuals for all of the upgrades?

Reactions: digital_steve

The term POI, along with its relationship with camera functions. has been in use by military agencies from long before DJI started doing business. Arducopter is another that was using the term to describe orbit functions through the auto pilot before DJI got around to trying to steal the rights to common terminology used across multiple industries.

Last night it seems that the update was given the green light and all the pages have been updated. I give you the official features of this update and update the first page.

New Features
  • Support for E10T thermal camera
  • Support for return to controller
  • E90 digital zoom up to 8x
  • Support for DataPilot crash logging
  • Support for terrain following
  • Support for concave polygon missions
  • Yaw stick deadzone and exponential curve

Improvements and Fixes
  • Arming without propellers now still spins 5 out of 6 motors instead of none
  • More detailed logging of motor faults
  • Brake at waypoint in mission if stop is required
  • Fixed slow landing detection problems
  • Vehicle can stuck in a waypoint during mission
  • Fixed altitude lock during mission
  • Startup tune chopped up when updating drone
  • Compass calibration now also works after a flight
  • Increased maximum distance between waypoints from 900m to 4000m
These two functions, although included in the announcement of the update, have not been included although work has been done on them. We will gut them and test them exhaustively :p

> ORBIT FLIGHT

> POI/ROI SUPPORT

Any manuals for all of the upgrades?

I'm afraid not and it will take time, if it's like in previous times, long enough to have it documented. Here with us you can inform yourself ;)

Last edited:
using the hdmi output on the st16s .It is possible (needs testing to confirm) to now setup for duo screen one showing the map and one showing what the and just camera see. setting found under hdmi output on datapilot.

Confirmed, it works.

I've seen some artifacts in the image, but I still didn't have the cable connected properly. A quick test.

I'm happy to think that Yuneec is paying "some" attention to us, because I asked for this function a long time ago. And if when there are things I don't like, I say it without any problem, when things are done well, it must also be said.

"Small" function, but very useful. Imagine that you connect the ST16S to a TV so that the client can see live what the camera sees, because it should see the control interface? On the other hand you can look at it in another way too, I want the TV to see the interface for teaching purposes, for example. With this new option we have both possibilities, well done.

Function that does not appear in the description of the update, I add it to the first post.

I still can not update the camera, I'm in the previous version, the rest updated correctly :(

Reactions: zandoli
Datapilot 1.4.44.47 If you notice double tapping the screen does not remove the screen information anymore.
That’s annoying some what

Last edited:
Datapilot 1.4.44.47 If you notice double tapping the screen does not remove the screen information anymore.
That’s annoying some what

Probably because the video is redirected to HDMI output using the new function. I actually used it very little, but something, yes.

I can't find the exponential functions anywhere. Has anyone found it?

We have a lot of things to find and find out how they work :p

Probably because the video is redirected to HDMI output using the new function. I actually used it very little, but something, yes.

Well it does not work very well for the pilot if there is no field monitor to throw the camera vision onto. So that you have to look at 2 screens.
I hope this is a massive oversight and is reintroduced back.
For I think it is needed as I used it a lot to align horizon up correctly.

@Kev Waite If you put some video so we can see how it works, it would be great.

I can't, so it's raining and because this **** thing won't let me update it :confused:
The light wasn't the best but not too bad.
Went out and tested POI today. Works pretty well. Take off, open the map view, tap on the map where you want your POI. A pop up opens asking if you want to fly to that point or orbit that point. A circle appears that you can change the size of and you can reposition the POI. When your happy you have to swipe the screen to confirm and the h520 flies to the edge of the circle and starts the POI. You can change speed and direction using the Aileron stick and decrease the size of the circle using the elevator stick. You cannot increase the size of the circle beyond the size you created on the map. You have to edit that on the map page. Once the POI has started you can go to the normal camera view page and also adjust camera angle.

If you think it's OK, I'm going to put in the first thread, tips and procedures of this version as we go discovering and make it easier for everyone to find them. I think that this thread, because of the importance of the update is going to be very long.

Please share your experiences and what you think is new to go commenting among all :D

@arruntus I have gone to the following download page for the 520:

Downloads H520

I do not see the recently updated files there... is there another location, so I can update that documentation page with the correct, most recent files?

I appreciate that Kev... for the time being I'm going to unlink that location... I saw that @arruntus had mentioned early in the thread, that this download location was intended for developers, rather than for general release. Once I get confirmation that we can list that URL on the forum, I'll re-link both your reference above, as well as adding it to the H520 documentation page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss