Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

120 meters based on starting point is just dum! & I crashed because of that...

Reaction score
Long story short....

Started from a valley and climbed up to 120m. went to the top of the small mountain were it's a church and a castle to do some aerial filming and photography...
The battery was above half and with 14v at least displaying on the controller screen.
When suddenly the drone starts to drop altitude for no reason. At that moment i lost my line of sight with it and had to drive all the way up and start the search.

Lucky me the drone crashed on some trees / soft grass and even with the feet's up it didn't suffer anything visually :)

No footage of the wreck, i've stopped filming to take some pictures and it happened right after that :(

About the bad part...
The camera is not connecting. Basically the wireless connection stopped being stablished after the crash land.

Has anyone had this issue?
The gimball reset's properly when i turn the drone on and everything is responsive except the wireless link to see the live feed from the camera.

I tried to bind the camera again and now it's asking for a password and i can't find it anywhere.
Is it blank or exists a password?

About the 120m i agree with it. but there should be a tolerance to avoid situations like the one i've got.
If the drone entered the mode were because of the batterie the max altitude was dropped to 60m, then he should base that info with the current location and fix the altitude limit based on that.
This crash wouldn't happened if the calculation was made based on the current location.

Thanks
Miguel

14V was way too low to even be in the air, not to say flying! How could it read above half way and be at 14 v, you should have felt the vibration of 1st battery warning by about 14.3v, seems something is wrong with your battery reading, or you just run it down too low?

14V was way too low to even be in the air, not to say flying! How could it read above half way and be at 14 v, you should have felt the vibration of 1st battery warning by about 14.3v, seems something is wrong with your battery reading, or you just run it down too low?
probably it's not 14V, but i'll check in the logs in the morning ;)

Thanks!
Checking right now if it will help solve the issue :p
camera is back on :)
Thanks again for the tip!

i'll test it in a few hours to see if everything is ok. meanwhile i've found the logs and took some pictures of it.
Voltage was a bit over 14v when it dropped. Last registered line was with altitude of 93m...
Captura de ecrã 2016-06-14, às 04.58.01.png Captura de ecrã 2016-06-14, às 04.58.27.png
Captura de ecrã 2016-06-14, às 04.59.01.png
After getting the drone from the workers on the house near the church i've made a flight with my Typhoon G + GoPro Hero 4 Black, starting from the church location. Shared a frame of the area were it crashed. Very lucky in deed :)
Captura de ecrã 2016-06-14, às 05.05.00.png

Good rule of thumb: take off with fully charged pack. Pre-flight voltage is not what it will be after takeoff.
I did a first flight before, just returned home to land and took off again to the flight you see on the logs. ;)

The command wasn't even turned of between flights. so the read was suppose to be real and not an estimate. I've started the first flight with a full battery

you nailed it. 14.3V was when it dropped. never even felt the rumble, because it lost the signal on that moment and crash landed

Seems your battery was right where a lot of us have been getting first low battery voltage, may or may not have been the issue as it is very close to max battery usage, other readings do not fluctuate to far off from start to finish, Puzzling !

Reactions: QuadBart
Miguel your full battery should be over 16.6 VoLTE so you started low anyways. You cheated yourself out of some flying time..,Fly safe.

Reactions: QuadBart
Yup 14.3v I get the flashing red low battery symbol on my ST16 and know its time to bring it in. It has gotten as low as 13.9 and I was landing. The OP got about 18 minutes of flight at that point where it "crashed"...

What I don't understand isn't the bird supposed to make a landing when the battery gets too low or at least attempt to land? It doesn't attempt to RTH?

Thats the one thing I don't like about Yuneec's method of battery management unlike DJIs. DJI will calculate how far it is from "home" and how much battery it will take to get home so that when it reaches that point it will auto return home. Of course it doesn't make it everytime due to external variables. But I've seen some good videos of them just making it home with nothing to spare... I wish they had something like that on the Yuneecs.... In the mean time I keep a very close eye on that volt meter...

Good Luck

Last edited:
Might RTH on second low battery warning? First I doubt it, but do not think anyone has taken it so low to confirm this yet !

Miguel your full battery should be over 16.6 VoLTE so you started low anyways. You cheated yourself out of some flying time..,Fly safe.
Has I have already mentioned, this was not the complete logs of this battery... I did a first take off for a couple of minutes and then landed after noticing I didn't started recording due to lack of sd card.

My typhoon G does vibrate in time to warn me of lower voltage. And warns to low to 60m max.

this one, on this charge didn't do it due to lost of connection (rc/wifi) when the voltage reached 14.3

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval