Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

1st flight not to successfull

Reaction score
So I got it yesterday, I read all that I could find, calibrated the compass checked and double checked everything. I took it out to a 10 acre field and then disaster, I'd been flying it for all of 2mins when it started to toilet bowl violently, I was only 5 meters up so I tried to regain control but it crashed and broke a prop. I plugged it in to gui and couldn't find any faults. Anyone have any ideas please? Very pissed off from UK haha

So I got it yesterday, I read all that I could find, calibrated the compass checked and double checked everything. I took it out to a 10 acre field and then disaster, I'd been flying it for all of 2mins when it started to toilet bowl violently, I was only 5 meters up so I tried to regain control but it crashed and broke a prop. I plugged it in to gui and couldn't find any faults. Anyone have any ideas please? Very pissed off from UK haha
hi
what mode were you in , if in safe and closer then 26' the Q will do weird things , the toilet bowl usually happens when you descend straight down and get into your prop wash . how many sat's did you have .

hi
what mode were you in , if in safe and closer then 26' the Q will do weird things , the toilet bowl usually happens when you descend straight down and get into your prop wash . how many sat's did you have .
I was in angle mode, I had 15 sats on drone and same on receiver, I was exactly 30 feet away and the highest I got was 7 mtrs and it started straight away, first it wouldn't yaw properly then it started to toilet bowl.

call Yuneec CS and explain your crash and don't take pilot era as an answer , it's brand new this should not happen , if the first person you speak get's you no where ask to speak to a supervisor if you don't like his answer demand to speak to the person in charge , the only other thing i can say is keep you cool .
Yuneec should give you a new Q at no cost to you .

call Yuneec CS and explain your crash and don't take pilot era as an answer , it's brand new this should not happen , if the first person you speak get's you no where ask to speak to a supervisor if you don't like his answer demand to speak to the person in charge , the only other thing i can say is keep you cool .
Yuneec should give you a new Q at no cost to you .
Thanks for your advice, I connected to gui recalibrated compass and everything and took it out and all seemed fine I just need to buy some spare propellers. I was thinking that about an hour after it crashed there was a thunderstorm, maybe got a bit of interference. Thanks again

Thanks for your advice, I connected to gui recalibrated compass and everything and took it out and all seemed fine I just need to buy some spare propellers. I was thinking that about an hour after it crashed there was a thunderstorm, maybe got a bit of interference. Thanks again
great that your Q is flying the way it should , to be on the safe side send an email to Yuneec just to make them aware of the problem you had and they will have a record on file ,won't hurt to send the email if you had a micro SD card copy the file and send that along with the email .
fly safe

I think I'll do that, unfortunately I didn't have an SD card in the transmitter, just have the drone camera footage but I might send that. Thank you.

I think I'll do that, unfortunately I didn't have an SD card in the transmitter, just have the drone camera footage but I might send that. Thank you.
great , put a sd card in the TX even a 16 GB card will never get full for a long time it's great insurance for a fly away or to read your telemetry files and also low rez video files .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval