Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

2-24 Firmware V3.03 and ST16 B30 - Post Your Results Here

What are your results with the new Feb. 2017 Firmware

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading all your post and waiting, I finally did the upgrade today. I used OTA with out a hitch. I did have trouble getting the camera to rebind only because I forgot to check the camera type first. Wiped the flight data, did all the calibrations including the gimbal.
Flew two batteries. Landing does seem a bit easier than before, but then I never really had a problem landing with other firmware releases. I did notice that the ST-16 takes more time to find a GPS fix than before. The H had 14 locked in and was ready to go and the ST-16 only had 6. I turn my ST-16 on first and wait for the main screen to appear before I power on the H. I find the camera connect time about the same.
Either way, I found the firmware to be stable and the flight as rock steady as before. I did record video on my flights, but was more intent with the flight controls and such and not video.

Now about that AUX button and the GPS, maybe next release.

Reactions: Rayray
The most painfully slow descent I have ever experienced. I did not know if it was going crash in the Ohio River or land on the ground.

For me this is the last straw, i have had nothing but disappointment since the first flight ( sept 2016).
The drone is about 6 months old, 1st flight it took off when using the wizard remote. Sent in for warranty, damage fixed software blamed as cause, consequently updated and returned.
Flew several times without fault then again took off swirling uncontrollably for several minutes before the slowest decent ever.
At the time new firmware was released, drone updated, calibrated and again flew well for 2 flights. 3rd flight again took off in clear sky sats etc. All calibrated before flying, this time it crash landed and broke a few props.
Come xmas again firmware was checked, all calibrations completed and it took off again but managed to regain control and land safely.
Moving to current update and controls are non responsive, left joystick allows up down left but when right is pressed it decends rapidly. When hovering the drone drifts badly despite all looking good on the st 16. I am simply to scared to fly.

The most frustrating part of this is 2 friends own an inspire1 and the other a mavic pro, they open the box and fly no messing about whatsoever.same day same weather conditions. They connect flawlessly with every flight.

It should be noted we are all flying separately and shutting down to avoid interference, what i can see with mine is the drone itself loses gps and there is several minutes before the st16 offers a warning. By this stage your watching your 3k investment drifting away.

Tomorrow i will again return this for warranty as the loss of control and flyaway symtom has been present since day 1 regardless of firmware, regardless of calibrations, sat coverage etc. I believe the gps on the h is the issue but again i expect it to come back with no hardware change but will cross my fingers.

This is by far the most disappointing purchase i have ever made, the drone offers so much but simply does not deliver.

just updated mine, each time I went to calibrate compass, H lost sats! eventually did calibration.
went for a fly, seems ok, although did notice the rear LED flash orange every now and again, stumped on that one, but fly's good

I did notice that the ST-16 takes more time to find a GPS fix than before. The H had 14 locked in and was ready to go and the ST-16 only had 6. I turn my ST-16 on first and wait for the main screen to appear before I power on the H. I find the camera connect time about the same.

How do you actually when ST16 satellites are locked ?
Anyway, it seems that after this update I have less satellites on my ST16.
When H report 18, ST16 is 10-12. I don't have more than 12 on ST16.
Previously I remember there were about 15 sats on ST16.

Why both devices don't see the same number of sats ?

For me this is the last straw, i have had nothing but disappointment since the first flight ( sept 2016).
The drone is about 6 months old, 1st flight it took off when using the wizard remote. Sent in for warranty, damage fixed software blamed as cause, consequently updated and returned.
Flew several times without fault then again took off swirling uncontrollably for several minutes before the slowest decent ever.
At the time new firmware was released, drone updated, calibrated and again flew well for 2 flights. 3rd flight again took off in clear sky sats etc. All calibrated before flying, this time it crash landed and broke a few props.
Come xmas again firmware was checked, all calibrations completed and it took off again but managed to regain control and land safely.
Moving to current update and controls are non responsive, left joystick allows up down left but when right is pressed it decends rapidly. When hovering the drone drifts badly despite all looking good on the st 16. I am simply to scared to fly.

The most frustrating part of this is 2 friends own an inspire1 and the other a mavic pro, they open the box and fly no messing about whatsoever.same day same weather conditions. They connect flawlessly with every flight.

It should be noted we are all flying separately and shutting down to avoid interference, what i can see with mine is the drone itself loses gps and there is several minutes before the st16 offers a warning. By this stage your watching your 3k investment drifting away.

Tomorrow i will again return this for warranty as the loss of control and flyaway symtom has been present since day 1 regardless of firmware, regardless of calibrations, sat coverage etc. I believe the gps on the h is the issue but again i expect it to come back with no hardware change but will cross my fingers.

This is by far the most disappointing purchase i have ever made, the drone offers so much but simply does not deliver.
I have to agree with you. I haven't flown it since his last update due to weather but after I got it back for GPS issues I still get a flash of yellow lighten I turn motors off. If I restart the motors and let it idle....then shut it down...I don't see the yellow light flash. It does seem to fly OK but now Im shell shocked and afraid to let it really fly. Can't wait for my Mavik Pro....I have two friends that have the Mavik and they bust my chops. And I've been a loyal Yuneec customer for years.

Reactions: Matthew Jessop
How do you actually when ST16 satellites are locked ?
Anyway, it seems that after this update I have less satellites on my ST16.
When H report 18, ST16 is 10-12. I don't have more than 12 on ST16.
Previously I remember there were about 15 sats on ST16.

Why both devices don't see the same number of sats ?

ST16 GPS Sats are noted on the right of screen, H on the left. You know this.

When the ST16 Sats are 10 or more, the craft light will add a white flash to the steady purple.

It is normal for the craft to have more Sats indicated than the ST16. Also normal for the maximum number of GPS Sats to vary from time to time due to atmospheric conditions. If craft Sats are 15 or more and ST16 Sats are more than 10, you are good to go. It may take several minutes at times to gather up the Sats.

Reactions: dxer
OTA is Over the Air function for wifi firmware update instead of downloading update to an sd card and manually doing it.
OTA did not work for me it failed several times so I a manual load to the SD after deleting the partial file load from OTA..

I have to agree with you. I haven't flown it since his last update due to weather but after I got it back for GPS issues I still get a flash of yellow lighten I turn motors off. If I restart the motors and let it idle....then shut it down...I don't see the yellow light flash. It does seem to fly OK but now Im shell shocked and afraid to let it really fly. Can't wait for my Mavik Pro....I have two friends that have the Mavik and they bust my chops. And I've been a loyal Yuneec customer for years.
Wow I know exactly how you feel I have the Inspire and the Mavic each has its different uses and neither replaces the other.. Saying that DJI have not managed to transition to the Hex sub 2 kg class so I am hoping that all these little issues with Yuneec get sorted... I live in hope.... LOVE My Typhoon Pro but NOT IN LOVE if you know what I mean... ;-}

Reactions: Jester
Upgraded on thursday, But had to wait until saturday to fly.
After a wait of 5 min to stabelize GPS connections i flew the bird
And i have to say all problems i had before after the upgrade of december 2016 are solved
Really happy with the new firmware.

Reactions: Dadjvs
OTA did not work for me it failed several times so I a manual load to the SD after deleting the partial file load from OTA..

I never do the firmware update with OTA.
I always put the ST16 firmware file on the ST16 mini-SD card and the Typhoon H firmware on the mini-SD card i put in the camera
No problems
It was after the december 2016 firmware i did with OTA that i had a lot of problems..

After upgrading the firmware to the latest version on both st16 and H i noticed an orange flashing led on the main led and random warning messages like redo compass calibration. This is on the same location im usually fly so ive never experience those messages before the firmware update.i have the EU version of the firmware. Any body have this too?

Use the US firmware is much better for connections (ST16 and Typhoon H).
But i had to wait 5 min to stabelize my GPS connection so i could fly.
But after the firmware upgrade i always do a accelerator calibration and a gimbal calibration. And before every flight even if it is on the same location i do a compass calibration. Something i learned from flying with DJI Phantom and Inspire.

Hi Pilots,
I'm new to drones and updates. My problem is that I updated my drone software and it took several attempts because at first it couldn't find the drone, then after more restarts they found each other but the update was taking forever. I think I interrupted it and now when I tap the update button I get the message "upgrade failed, aircraft type can't be retrieved."
Any help as to what to do would be greatly appreciated.
view

I believe you will need to contact the yuneec support center of your region.

Thanks for that but I followed very carefully the deleting of the previous flight data. However it might be worth doing it again at some time. As of yet nobody has posted a definite example of the 122 metre height being broken. Then again if they have done it, probably best to keep it quiet. Too many people zooming up to1000ft might not be such a good idea.

In several countries it is even forbidden to fly so high.
In my country i can fly to a height of 45m
and thats it

I took my H with the updated firmware out this afternoon as the weather here (Southwestern Ontario) was nice (for February) - 10°C and sunny with only 9-10km wind. After doing a Compass recal at the launch site, the H seemed to be stuck on "acquiring GPS" for several minutes. So I turned the H off then back on again and it was good to go then with 20 sats on both the ST16 and the H. Right away I noticed a smoother response to the sticks. the hover was dead on inspite of the 9-10k breeze. I tested the yaw, roll, pitch, alt all in pilot/rabbit mode and it responded great in all but seemed "smoother" than before this update. I had changed my alt limit to 300m in the GUI, so decided to test if would go beyond the previous 121m (400') limit. No problem, it climbed to 171m (561') and would go higher but I almost lost sight of it so held it there for a minute or so. Even though the battery was not 100% charged to begin with as I had used it to do the upgrade 2 days ago, I flew aggressively for 16 minutes before getting the first low bat warning. The landing was very precise and smooth and after some manouvering, I landed on my 32" hexagonal launch pad almost dead centre. IMO this was a noticeable improvement in flight characteristics compared to the previous version.

I had to wait 5 min before the GPS connection stabelized after the firmware upgrade.
For my second lipo i had not to wait so long.

Yeh. In Netherlands about the same, 'free' as modellers but also regulated and licensed for commercial use.
Recreational users may film and photograph, but under privacy-restrictions. We do not have the exemption for 'toys' though.

You are lucky in the Netherlands (except if you want to fly above nature 2000 regions and of course Zeeland)
In Belgium i can fly until 45m because i have a drone license (class 2). something like the ROC-Light in the Netherlands (expect i cannot fly commercial).
There are almost nu restrictions if you fly on a model airplaine field. But there is nothing interesting to image.
But if you want to fly without a license i can only fly to 10m height with a drone that weights less then 1kg and above your own property.

First flight with new firmware no problems. Settings Auto 1920x1080 Natural .WB Cloudy . With an 8 ND Filter. Lens is non Standard Peau 8.25. Set height in GUI to 200 metres. H climbed to 122 metres and stopped. So the fixed height is still there. Only a comment as 122 metres is fine for my purposes. I am using the STD firmware and not the EU one.

i believe you have to change the max height in the gui software

Reactions: Dadjvs and THoff
I have flight logs since day one , as in before i purchased the drone (i suspect testing) to current showing the drone in the middle of the ocean at 0.00lat/0.00 longitude as per picture. I expect such data to be present whilst it is on the ground searching/ connecting to gps but not once i have full sats and am in the air.
Yesterday the drone was non responsive again drifting heavily, as mentioned in last post i had completed all prestart checks etc and sats were good.but i must say i had to wait an eternity cor the h to connect.
Revieiwing the log it again shows the start in the ocean for approx 6 minutes even though i was actually flying by my house in Australia.
Further to this was an motor failure error in the same log despite the drone not having a motor issue. The st16 also showed no warning of a motor failure.

So it's all boxed up to go back again, if i could somehow get my money back i would definitely buy something else. Seei g the mavic connect in seconds hover completely still and cost half the money is depressing.

Attachments

• 20170305_175326.jpg
    20170305_175326.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmsmindspace