Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

3D printer battery plug

Reaction score
I fired up the cad program today and made a quick 3D battery connector using dean connectors.
If I get ambitious enough I would like to make a tray that holds three batteries.

I don't have any spring loaded bullet connectors yet for the balance pins.
Does anyone have a source for the correct size pins?

Once I get this 3D connector sized correctly I will make the STL file available for download
for others who want to print there own.

2016-07-18 20.24.15.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job Jimmylee really I need to pick up 3D printer you guys are doing some cool stuff. At my old company one of my responsibilities was running the machine shop, I made all kinds of cool stuff for skiboat. Now if I need something I just design, draw and send it out, but having a 3D printer at home would be cool as they have come a long way. Yeah at least a two up would be cool as most chargers can really handle two batteries unless you get into high end..

Reactions: TopFlightTexas
Nice Jimmy. What pogo pins did you use for hole size?

Thanks, I'll check and see if they are the same size as the Amazon ones.

If those don't work look around on the site they have a ton. You can also contact IDI directly they will send you some samples but sometimes that takes time.

For anyone 3D printing there own plug here are the parts needed

Spring loaded pins I used.

Amico 10 Pcs Spherical Radius Tip Spring Loaded Test Probes Pins: Multi Testers: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

And the Balance plug needed.

Amazon.com: Allytech(TM) 10Pcs 4S 14.8V JST-XH 5pin RC Lipo Battery Balance Extension Charger Plug: Toys & Games

And the banana plugs, makes two sets

School Physics Lab Multimeter 4mm Banana Plug Probe Test Cable 1m Pair - - Amazon.com

You can probably find these cheaper but I don't intent to sell them.

Thanks for the people that helped me locate the pins.

For anyone 3D printing there own plug here are the parts needed

Spring loaded pins I used.

Amico 10 Pcs Spherical Radius Tip Spring Loaded Test Probes Pins: Multi Testers: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

And the Balance plug needed.

Amazon.com: Allytech(TM) 10Pcs 4S 14.8V JST-XH 5pin RC Lipo Battery Balance Extension Charger Plug: Toys & Games

And the banana plugs, makes two sets

School Physics Lab Multimeter 4mm Banana Plug Probe Test Cable 1m Pair - - Amazon.com

You can probably find these cheaper but I don't intent to sell them.

Thanks for the people that helped me locate the pins.

Cool Jimmylee, thanks for sharing with the group.:). That is nice of you.

If you go to Redirecting to store... you might be able to find a local 3d printer that will print for you. I actually found a local guy to do my plug and it was a lot cheaper than I thought. Its supposed to be done Monday. I am going to see if he can 3d the battery case if he can at a reasonable price Ill share too.

Last edited:
If you go to www.3dhubs.com you might be able to find a local 3d printer that will print for you. I actually found a local guy to do my plug and it was a lot cheaper than I thought. Its supposed to be done Monday. I am going to see if he can 3d the battery case if he can at a reasonable price Ill share too.

That is a great idea if you don't have a 3D printer or just don't have an interest in getting one.
A 3D printer is not for everyone because there not exactly plug and play yet.

Do you already have a battery case designed?

That is a great idea if you don't have a 3D printer or just don't have an interest in getting one.
A 3D printer is not for everyone because there not exactly plug and play yet.

Do you already have a battery case designed?
Not yet, when I go to pick up my plugs I was going to bring my stock battery and see what he could do.

Not yet, when I go to pick up my plugs I was going to bring my stock battery and see what he could do.

Oh OK so they would have to do a 3D scan of it or create it in a CAD program.

Did he create the battery plug also or did you take him the STL file?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval