Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Battery Charging Plug

1 of the 4 that was sent to me is defective.
bad one:

1 of the 3 good ones:

One of the spring-loaded pins on the connector is 'retracted' and won't come out.
(Maybe this is what's causing the problem?)

It's good that I checked before using it to charge the battery.
(I hate to think what may of happened.)

HI Abinder,

Surprising, he posted a couple post above yours. Im sure if you private message him he will respond. I have talked on blog here a couple of times with him. I would try to free up the one that is stuck it may be the white epoxy he is using got on it. It should be wiring attached as the other ones. I was about to order a couple more for the H2 charger. I think they are well made, as in better than i can do myself with the molded housing an such. Is there a wiring issue other than the sticky pin which you might be able to free with electronic oil or something? I use alcohol myself to free parts, that and erasers....lol low tech but works..sometimes......:eek:

Cheers

Batfire

HI Abinder,

Surprising, he posted a couple post above yours. Im sure if you private message him he will respond. I have talked on blog here a couple of times with him. I would try to free up the one that is stuck it may be the white epoxy he is using got on it. It should be wiring attached as the other ones. I was about to order a couple more for the H2 charger. I think they are well made, as in better than i can do myself with the molded housing an such. Is there a wiring issue other than the sticky pin which you might be able to free with electronic oil or something? I use alcohol myself to free parts, that and erasers....lol low tech but works..sometimes......:eek:

Cheers

Batfire

I've tried to free the pin up.
I don't really want to be digging around the pin; might make it even worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI Abinder,

Cheers

Batfire

I've sent him a private message here and on his website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted on Friday that I ended up with 4 of the plugs. I only needed 2. I offered to sell 2 of them for what I paid for them which was -56.95. I sold one today. I still have one and its 28.45 with free shipping in US only. I can do PayPal or give you my phone number as my company can take credit cards.
I got one of Suncoast extra charging plugs in about 4 days and works great! These plugs are excellent!

Hy Allen

Got our E-mail and replied a few minutes ago sorry for not responding faster but yes
I'm currently abroad and can't check the mails every day :)
Of course I will replace your bad one but I need the defective one back to investigate
the error. All connectors are hand tested by myself before they a re shipped so they might
got damaged during shipping...

PS: Didn't got your PM here on the forum.... Did you send it with Tapatalk sometimes does
don't work on my phone...

Andy

Hy Allen

Got our E-mail and replied a few minutes ago sorry for not responding faster but yes
I'm currently abroad and can't check the mails every day :)
Of course I will replace your bad one but I need the defective one back to investigate
the error. All connectors are hand tested by myself before they a re shipped so they might
got damaged during shipping...

PS: Didn't got your PM here on the forum.... Did you send it with Tapatalk sometimes does
don't work on my phone...

Andy
So you want me to pay for the shipping to send it back to you ?????????
Are you serious ?????????

Sorry, if this is really a problem for you pls tell me how much it cost to send back and I will send you the money by paypal can't be more then 5$.
But I need this connector to see whats wrong thx.

Andy

Sorry, if this is really a problem for you pls tell me how much it cost to send back and I will send you the money by paypal can't be more then 5$.
But I need this connector to see whats wrong thx.

Andy
Well, you charged me a Paypal fee of $4.40 and a shipping fee of $10.00.

yes of course but 4 connectors do weigh more than one. And about the paypal fee sorry for that but I have a really small margin for the connectors and I can't pay those fees alone. I really like to deliver a high quality product and I feel sorry that your's got damaged during shipping. And I think others have already mentioned that the quality is good.
So I really try to do my best to work out a good solution. You will definitely get your connectors that's for sure but pls help me to improve the connector by shipping the faulty one back. I already offered you to pay the shipping cost what else can I do? (and I know from the USPS homepage that 5$ is enough to send one connector back incl paypal fee etc...)

Andy

Well, you charged me a Paypal fee of $4.40 and a shipping fee of $10.00.

Don't be too hard on Andy, he is just a guy here trying to make a product that helps us. He is not a commercial business. He is also not making much from these.
He has been really good at helping others out if they have issues. He does not have to do this for us and he is not charging nearly as much as other guys that make them so don't complain (overly.) He charges less than half of what others want.

Cut him some slack.

I messed up building my kit but it was my fault really. I keep trying to shove the pins in and messed the up.
Andy sold me some new pins so I will try again. Point is it was not his fault and if something got messed up in shipping that is also not his fault.

Just work with him.

Don't be too hard on Andy, he is just a guy here trying to make a product that helps us. He is not a commercial business. He is also not making much from these.
He has been really good at helping others out if they have issues. He does not have to do this for us and he is not charging nearly as much as other guys that make them so don't complain (overly.) He charges less than half of what others want.

Cut him some slack.

I messed up building my kit but it was my fault really. I keep trying to shove the pins in and messed the up.
Andy sold me some new pins so I will try again. Point is it was not his fault and if something got messed up in shipping that is also not his fault.

Just work with him.

Well said Paladin.

The work put in by various people is very much valued by us regulars. Simon Newton took a lot of unrequired flack when he published the first H flight pictures. 'Props in Shot' goodness me what a crap machine some said.
Cutting a bit of slack is what it is all about. I love flying my H and although it could be better it does the job. I perhaps need a bit of extra confidence to fly after upgrading to get the cruise control feature - silly me.
Putting the word 'Pro' on the machine has raised many people's expectations beyond the common sense fact that it is not an expensive machine for what it provides. Yuneec should perhaps have charged more and put some effort into making the H a genuine quality contender for putting up against the Inspire but I suppose they know their market and deep down it does not include us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech