Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

5.8g patch antenna

Reaction score
So, included in the box is also a 5.8g patch antenna.
Again, no instructions included telling me what this is and what its for.
The controller already has 2 regular looking directional antennas aswell as a little ball shaped thing in the middle.
What's what here?

The two tall antenna are the RC signal, the mushroom antenna is the video reception. The flat square 'Patch' antenna is also for video reception. Some like the mushroom and some (I am one) prefer the patch. They are different in the way they need to be positioned however. The patch should have the flat square portion pointed at the aircraft for best reception - you'll notice it does not have a 'knee' joint. On the other hand; the mushroom should be oriented at 90 degrees to the aircraft as its best reception comes from around it edges like a doughnut.

Has some of you experienced a better range / reliability of the video reception with one of both mushroom or patch 5.8 Ghz antennas? Thank you.

There are probably just as many people having a preference for one over the other, me personally found little difference, but I don't fly for extreme distance, and fly i in remote areas, so wouldn't really show whether one is better due to being in a built up area or interference.

Well ive had various video outages at long distance with the mushroom or as I'd prefer to call it "radar" antenna but I've yet to try the patch although i too don't intend to do long distance and if i do, ill apply the patch. Will test it out this weekend.

Well ive had various video outages at long distance with the mushroom or as I'd prefer to call it "radar" antenna but I've yet to try the patch although i too don't intend to do long distance and if i do, ill apply the patch. Will test it out this weekend.
I use 4hawks now, so don't really have problems now, it's a big improvement.

Reactions: Docdor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis