Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

5 Min Max Video Size

Reaction score
This has most likely been answered before, but I was wondering if the video automatically stops at 5 mins on a Typhoon H?

Yes... if you have a 13 minute flight recorded, you will have two 5 minute files and one 3 minute file.

It does not stop recording but; at 5 minutes it will start a new clip. When brought into an editor, the clips are seamless. So if you go out and film continuously for 11 and a half minutes you will have two 5 minute long clips and the third will be one and a half minutes long. Put them on a timeline in order and the y will render perfectly.

You can get around the five minute limit by formatting the sd card to exfat but, that screws the date and time up. I prefer to live with the five minute limit and blend them together in post.

At first I thought the 5 minute clip was a problem.....but as I’m learning about video and creating videos, it’s plenty of time and a waste in many cases. Even a 30 second clip is a bit long. Watching a full 5 minute clip....is rather painful.

At first I thought the 5 minute clip was a problem.....but as I’m learning about video and creating videos, it’s plenty of time and a waste in many cases. Even a 30 second clip is a bit long. Watching a full 5 minute clip....is rather painful.

Agreed. I generally take 2 minute max clips, and most much shorter.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
There's no assurance that what we like and make will be liked by anyone else. The cinema industry is littered with movies that cost $ millions to make but flopped at the box office because viewers didn't like them.

Agreed. I generally take 2 minute max clips, and most much shorter.
The videos that I edit are almost all in the range of 1 minute and 3.5 minutes long. I've found that anything more than that runs a high risk of just repeating scenes. To coin a phrase: 'No-one likes a baggy bottom'.

Reactions: Phaedrus
The best way to shoot video that doesn't suck, is not to post it in the first place!?

The whole reason I have not posted any video yet!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge