Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

5 motor error right out box

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just took my H out the box and spun it up in home minus props. Immediately get warning beeps and message on screen to land immediately.

One motor is very rough while running as can feel the vibration through the arm of that one motor. Cant feel anything though when spinning by hand so likely not a bad bearing, spinning bearing maybe or timing issue?

Anything i can check before it goes back?

Oh, the 5 motor error is annoying as it always stays on the screen so you cant see anything to fly back home. Even if you press ok to clear it instantly comes back up.

Cheers

Last edited:
This is Completely normal. I, too, get the same error when accelerating motors with props off. However no issues when the aircraft is flying. This has already been discussed in a few threads below

You should never free spin a brushless motor!
I don't believe it would cause damage if only for a short time and not at full speed for an extended period. If it was a definite "no, no" Yuneec and DJI and other companies would place a warning on the motors to not run without props attached.

Reactions: Basicbill
Hey all,

Just took my H out the box and spun it up in home minus props. Immediately get warning beeps and message on screen to land immediately.

One motor is very rough while running as can feel the vibration through the arm of that one motor. Cant feel anything though when spinning by hand so likely not a bad bearing, spinning bearing maybe or timing issue?

Anything i can check before it goes back?

Oh, the 5 motor error is annoying as it always stays on the screen so you cant see anything to fly back home. Even if you press ok to clear it instantly comes back up.

Cheers

If the one motor sounds & feels rough & you get the warning to land, then to me that sounds like the software has initiated the "fail safe" protocol and that one motor you hear doing crazy things is just doing what it's supposed to (i.e. spinning at a different rate to assist the motor which it believes has failed). All perfectly normal.

There is nothing wrong with spinning up bl motors so long as not for prolonged periods at high revs.

The h is on charge to test tomorrow so will see how i get on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval