Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

5 rotor mode

Reaction score
Good evening all,
Had my typhoon H go into 5 rotor mode after 10 minutes of flight (including orbit and journey mode). It was the first time I've witnessed it and needless to say it scared me a little bit. What would cause that? I have a dozen flights on the drone. Thanks all!

Did a prop come off? I fiquire you would have noticed! If it continues, you may have a motor that is failing? Have you hand turned all your motor to see if they feel and sound the same?

Did a prop come off? I fiquire you would have noticed! If it continues, you may have a motor that is failing? Have you hand turned all your motor to see if they feel and sound the same?
Update... Just put all rotors back on and only 5 spin when I start the rotors. Tonight I will check to see if that motor sounds the same when turned by hand. I wonder what would cause the motor to suddenly fail? (lighting still works so it is getting power to the arm). Pretty disappointing as I have used this a dozen times. Any one with any insight out there?

Update... Just put all rotors back on and only 5 spin when I start the rotors. Tonight I will check to see if that motor sounds the same when turned by hand. I wonder what would cause the motor to suddenly fail? (lighting still works so it is getting power to the arm). Pretty disappointing as I have used this a dozen times. Any one with any insight out there?
Like sucks sometimes and is not perfect! But Yuneec will replace if you have a bad motor free! If it won't start then it may have a bad start winding, call Yuneec AM tomorrow and explain, they are really good!

Like sucks sometimes and is not perfect! But Yuneec will replace if you have a bad motor free! If it won't start then it may have a bad start winding, call Yuneec AM tomorrow and explain, they are really good!
Thank you for the info! I'll give them a buzz... Pun intended. Happy flying

very Rare for the motor to be bad, more than likely the ESC, why not connect it up to the H GUI and see if you get all green ticks where needed ?

very Rare for the motor to be bad, more than likely the ESC, why not connect it up to the H GUI and see if you get all green ticks where needed ?
I will give this a go today and report back results. Anyone know when a gui for Mac will be developed? I have a windows pc but prefer to use my Mac.

Bad news... I get all green ticks on the GUI. Motor still doesn't spin. Yuneec says ship it to us we'll have it back you within 3 weeks. I am currently escalating- that doesn't fly with me. 1400$ purchase lasts 7 days before breaking. I asked them to ship me a replacement and I will send them their defective unit to them. I'll let you know if they bite. I "threatened" returning product to retailer and purchasing a phantom. (Which I don't want! I just want the typhoon to work).

I am guessing the same ESC controller boards below the motors are the same in the Typhoon G and H.

In my experience if the propeller gets blocked from spinning and the drone then goes into the beep beep beep mode because a prop was stopped, if the firmware on the controller in the H does not shut down the prop in time it over currents the ESC and smokes it.

Attach the H to the terminal program using the USB cable (I am assuming this still is the same)
and check the ESC's and motors.

if you whacked the motor or the ESC probably the ESC is bad.

If you remove the props and just spin the motor with your hand, assure the stem of the motor with the threads is OK and that the motor spins freely compared with the others.

Probably a burned up ESC board.

But I don't know if the ESC's are outboard or on the main Center board on the H.
I would THINK they would make each ESC individual with each motor like the G.

Any one know?

On the Typhoon H are the ESC's below the motors like the Typhoon G?

Bad news... I get all green ticks on the GUI. Motor still doesn't spin. Yuneec says ship it to us we'll have it back you within 3 weeks. I am currently escalating- that doesn't fly with me. 1400$ purchase lasts 7 days before breaking. I asked them to ship me a replacement and I will send them their defective unit to them. I'll let you know if they bite. I "threatened" returning product to retailer and purchasing a phantom. (Which I don't want! I just want the typhoon to work).

Your not going to get a replacement for a faulty motor bud. Threatening was not a smart move either. Things go wrong with everything these days. Be like telling Ford you will return the mustang because the axle broke..... won't happen.

Your not going to get a replacement for a faulty motor bud. Threatening was not a smart move either. Things go wrong with everything these days. Be like telling Ford you will return the mustang because the axle broke..... won't happen.
My replacement drone arrived today ups. Sorry "bud". Squeaky wheel gets the oil- I called about half a dozen times, escalated to their customer service management who ultimately agreed to the swap. Happy flying

If it's under warranty, then why not?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval