Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

50/50 success with ST16 and HDMI out

Reaction score
I was looking around the forum to see if I am the only one who seems to have issues with the HDMI out on the ST16 when connected to external monitor. Apparently there was issues back in 2016 but am I the only one who still has these problems even with latest firmware? When I connect my ST16 to the Feelworld 10" monitor via HDMI it is really a 50/50 chance of success.
I have done a few tests at home where it seemed to work OK (I did have to restart both units a couple of times and try different variations with on/off) but my two recent trips in the field both failed :(

I brought my Canon 7D with me on both occations and had the HDMI->Mini HDMI cable to check that it wasnt the Feelworld which had an error so I am pretty sure its the ST16 that seems to have a problem with external monitors.

Please advice if you have found the "holy grail" to getting this constallation working or know if Yuneec is aware of the problem and maybe is working on a solution.

I just connected my ST16 to my computer monitor, which is an LG 34" wide screen monitor. The aspect ratio is 21"x9" and only has two HDMI inputs. I connected my HDMI cable to my monitor and then to my St16. Then turned on the ST16 and it plays beautifully. I went into the Gallery and selected videos that I had taken recently and they filled the screen and looked great.

Having said all that, note that I'm near Seattle, Washington in the USA. I also have not done the last two firmware upgrades, so that may be a factor. I have downloaded the November and March upgrades and will install them soon.

One question. How long is your HDMI cable? I'm using a 4 ft length here. It has the standard size HDMI connectors on it, so maybe you should try using an HD TV with multiple inputs to see if it makes a difference. I'm sure it would look great on a 55" HDTV screen!

One question. How long is your HDMI cable? I'm using a 4 ft length here. It has the standard size HDMI connectors on it, so maybe you should try using an HD TV with multiple inputs to see if it makes a difference. I'm sure it would look great on a 55" HDTV screen!

I'm thinking the same way. Connect the ST16 HDMI to a TV HDMI input. I use a good 10' cable and my tests also show perfect operation.
Also, I do not think the Firmware updates impact HDMI out. Maybe a faulty cable or cable pin is to blame.

Thanks, I have previously connected the ST16 to a 55" TV (not 4k though) and that worked out well, just like the few tests here at home on the 10". However I will try some more cables to see if that could play a role as this is a 5m cable (flat HDMI w/Ethernet) and not sure if it has good enough quality to perform the "handshake" with the ST16.

Reactions: Rayray
I may be wrong on this, but I believe the HDMI output is the same resolution as the ST-16 itself... 1280x720.
I do not think that you can get 4K out of the HDMI port. 4K is only recorded directly to the camera's microSD.

You're right ;) I was doing a sales demo where I had a 55" TV that was used with a small multimedia player. The mediaplayer could play 4K but the borrowed TV couldnt, not that people at the sales fair could see the difference ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval