Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

7000 Mah GiFi TH battery available from US supplier

R

Rayray

7000 Mah GiFi batteries are now available from a USA GiFi supplier. These batteries plug in directly, no trays needed.

Carolina Dronz has just announced a stock of these new batteries. YuneecPilot members can use discount code YP10 and receive a 10% discount for a limited time.

Nice, it would be great to hear some reviews.

Well looks like I ordered 12 hrs to early from Hong Kong , Carolina Dronz is claiming 3-5 minutes ,so I was not to far off of thinking 4-5 . They claim 600 grams and stock is around 575 so that is just a little under a ounce heavier.

Yes def be interested in hearing how they perform. But the only issue I'm finding with this 10% off for member "Deal" is that on that site the battery is priced at $109.99 which means it would end up costing $99 plus shipping, but yet you have been able to find them on Ebay for $99 with free shipping for the past month or longer

7000 Mah GiFi batteries are now available from a USA GiFi supplier. These batteries plug in directly, no trays needed.

Carolina Dronz has just announced a stock of these new batteries. YuneecPilot members can use discount code YP10 and receive a 10% discount for a limited time.

What does Yuneec have to say about the warranty with these batteries?

I find that the whole thing is pretty ironic. When you consider that here in the USA if people design something they can patent it which protects them from other making the same thing or similar to sell for a certain number of years, but we all know how the Chinese never seem to care about whether or not a product has a patent they'll just build something as close to the real thing as possible & then trying to sell it for so much cheaper. Now if you look at it, we have a Chinese company Yuneec that has built many different things that they've put patents on here in the U.S. like for example, their proprietary battery connection which prevents anyone to make alternative batteries without permission from them without getting into legal troubles. Then we now see another Chinese based manufacturer GIFI that has made a 7000mAh battery with the same Proprietary connection as Yuneec so it is capable of working with the Typhoon H. I'll bet that Yuneec does not like the fact that GIFI has made an alternate battery to be used on their very own Typhoon H but because GIFI is also a Chinese manufacturer Yuneec either cannot go after GIFI for patent infringement because that only covers in the USA, The Irony in all of this is that for so many years now no one has really been able to go after those companies based out of China that have copied their ideas to try & out sell them for patent infringement because to put it plainly those companies don't really care about things like patent infringement. Now all I can say is that the Chinese are getting a bit of their own medicine!!! See how they like it, LOL! Thanks Tom C

I find that the whole thing is pretty ironic. When you consider that here in the USA if people design something they can patent it which protects them from other making the same thing or similar to sell for a certain number of years, but we all know how the Chinese never seem to care about whether or not a product has a patent they'll just build something as close to the real thing as possible & then trying to sell it for so much cheaper. Now if you look at it, we have a Chinese company Yuneec that has built many different things that they've put patents on here in the U.S. like for example, their proprietary battery connection which prevents anyone to make alternative batteries without permission from them without getting into legal troubles. Then we now see another Chinese based manufacturer GIFI that has made a 7000mAh battery with the same Proprietary connection as Yuneec so it is capable of working with the Typhoon H. I'll bet that Yuneec does not like the fact that GIFI has made an alternate battery to be used on their very own Typhoon H but because GIFI is also a Chinese manufacturer Yuneec either cannot go after GIFI for patent infringement because that only covers in the USA, The Irony in all of this is that for so many years now no one has really been able to go after those companies based out of China that have copied their ideas to try & out sell them for patent infringement because to put it plainly those companies don't really care about things like patent infringement. Now all I can say is that the Chinese are getting a bit of their own medicine!!! See how they like it, LOL! Thanks Tom C

Yuneec itself copied the Deans connector pins. Deans was my friend and worked for him back in 2000. The chinese have been copying the Deans connectors for many years and bringing them into the USA even though they have a patent on that design.

GiFi do provide some good products, I have used them in the Q500 and they perform as they should.

HOWEVER, if you do purchase any be sure that they are actually GiFi, there are a lot of GiFi rip offs that are far from quality products.

The give away on the Q500 imitation GiFi was a channel that ran along part of the white casing of the real deal was simply not present on the rip offs.

A lot of this comes down to Chinese patent laws. There is enforceable protection in China, but it's somewhat different from the Western patent system. The different system is why new products are developed in such secrecy and why companies in China can manufacture products that have been patented elsewhere.

I just ordered 2 of them yesterday from Carolina Drones. I talk to Frank about them before I ordered. He said he used them with no problems and said they are a good battery. He said he gets about 3-5 more mins flight time but you won't see it at first. It takes about 4-5 battery cycles (charge and discharge) to get the full capacity. I bought my H pro and all my accessories from Frank. He stands behind his products. I'm not worried about any issues. If I have any I know Frank will take care of it.

I ordered one from Carolina Dronz and tried it yesterday after a .5c charge. It was windy and about 32F. At 6 minutes into the flight coming back into the wind, I received a low voltage warning of 14.3v so I stopped and it recovered to 15v !. As it is new, I'll give it a few charges before passing judgement but so far am not impressed.

It may give longer flight times with no wind and half throttle, but there's no way it should drop that rapidly flying into ~20-25 mph wind, 30+ gusts. I think it is a low c battery with that much voltage drop. It really surprised me.

Reactions: GlideAL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval