Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

New 8050 mAh Battery for Typhoon H Available in USA

Carolina Dronz, a dealer for GiFi batteries, will now offer the new 8050 mAh batteries for $99. My tests on one of these batteries gave a 25% increase in flight times over stock batteries and other batteries claiming 6300mAh.

link to where to buy ? there website does not show them in search

Interesting that no one mentions the weight of this new battery. It does not matter how many mah it has if it is heavier than the original.
If you don't know the weight ask the seller, if they wont tell you don't buy it

A deal! Now I'll have three.

I'll bet you it will do 30...without a cam mounted.:eek:
Ok and who buys a professional drone like H520 for business purpose and fly w/o cam!? Why diskuss flight time w/o cam?

Carolina Dronz, a dealer for GiFi batteries, will now offer the new 8050 mAh batteries for $99. My tests on one of these batteries gave a 25% increase in flight times over stock batteries and other batteries claiming 6300mAh.

I own three of those Gifi 7000 batteries and every one of them has swollen. Two of them we're only two months old when they swelled up. All of my other batteries which are original equipment are fine. I have had long discussions with other people on charging these batteries trying to make sure I was doing everything properly. My opinion is I would not recommend anyone buying these batteries.

Last edited:
After spending hours and hours reading all the comments, watching all the flight test on these different batteries and keeping logs of my own use of these different brands I believe it will always be a luck of the draw due to the lack of quality control when these batteries are built.. especially the less expensive after market batteries.. From my own experience the stock batteries that came with the drone have all lasted more then two times longer then the cheaper aftermarket batteries.. With the aftermarket batteries I have found it to be hit or miss if the battery swells up on the 1st flight or the 50th flight.. If your lucky to make it to 50 flights..

If Carolina doesn't have them yet how can you claim a 25% increase
25% increase without REAnumbers to back up the claim is worthless

What's the power/weight ratio on these? Larger capacity can mean extra weight which then the Yyphoon has to lift. Add high DA and/or high OAT and you have wide variables in all your testing. BTW - how they do demonstrated Xwind component in aircraft? The test pilot wakes up one AM, has his coffee, flies, notes the xwind at the time of flight, and that becomes the book value. Of course, they're told from the maker the liability limits they are willing to endure, so he flies in THAT envelope. (Forgive the digression transgression ;>)

This is past hilarious...:D

My GiFi 8050 came directly from China, and I have been testing it almost 3 weeks now and comparing it with 4 stock batteries and batteries from 3 other brands. Here's just one result, all results are similar: RS equipped TH flew 16 minutes with stock battery, 20 minutes with the 8050. All conditions were identical.

Real results. I don't do hypothetical, don't fly in envelopes, and I don't do promos for personal gain. Purchase whatever batteries you wish; the important thing is to take care of them correctly.
Happy flying.:)

Reactions: PatR
This is past hilarious...:D

My GiFi 8050 came directly from China, and I have been testing it almost 3 weeks now and comparing it with 4 stock batteries and batteries from 3 other brands. Here's just one result, all results are similar: RS equipped TH flew 16 minutes with stock battery, 20 minutes with the 8050. All conditions were identical.

Real results. I don't do hypothetical, don't fly in envelopes, and I don't do promos for personal gain. Purchase whatever batteries you wish; the important thing is to take care of them correctly.
Happy flying.:)

Mmmmmmm 20 minutes with RS. Pay day can't come quicker

True, if it's not fully utilized it had yet to achieve the full design potential. Design potential is not achieved until it breaks. Then determine what caused failure to modify the design. Or simply remove one feature and hope for the best:)

Mmmmmmm 20 minutes with RS. Pay day can't come quicker

Its not the flight time you should be concerned with.. If you read all the comments about Powerextra batteries you will see that over 80% of the comments are they are swelling or start loosing flight time within the first 10 flights.. Whomever their manufacturers are don't give a *** about quality control because there is no warranty recourse.. why do you think they keep dropping their prices..

Perhaps of interest is the only stock batteries I've had an issue with (2) were both deep discharged. One sat high in a tree for a couple days and one was obtained from a previous owner after he crashed his H after over flying the battery. So I've been using several stock batteries with no issues at all for 15 months and hundreds of flights.

I also use the Tattu marketed batteries with no issues and have been since they were first released. I have other Tattu batteries for larger multirotors that have been in use for a couple years. No problems.

The problem with battery complaints, and some are certainly valid, is that we don't know what users did to them. We can be assured that some complaining will lie if that would enable a free replacement. Some others won't tell the full story to make themselves look better. Remove a percentage of complaints from the total and what remains is only a small number of valid complaints. It would be nice if everyone tracked battery performance and cycle history and provide that info when they post complaints, but they don't. Until something like that happens we need to look at defect posts with a very large grain f salt. We also need to consider the experience level of those making complaints. If they are noobs (like the guy that over flew the battery and crashed) the probability they did their batteries in themselves is elevated.

As for giving a twit for the customer, most businesses don't, they usually care most for making a sale. When you get lucky you have a company that provides good C.S. to their customers. Like Yuneec.

Last edited:
I haven't had the problem yet (with TH batteries), but how do you dispose of a swollen battery safely?
Put it in a plastic bucket of salt water.........outside. That will discharge it safely. Then you can pitch it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hodgepodge