Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

920 Plus Power Distribution Board

PatR

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
As Seabee is in the middle of a 920+ repair he was very kind and sent me a picture of the 920 Plus PDB. To say it is interesting is an understatement. For certain the 920 Plus PDB and Typhoon H PDB are as physically different as a dark night against a bright clear, day. It's possible they are electronically the same but I find that highly doubtful. I haven't seen the original 920 PDB but if they are the same it might imply the differences between a 920 and 920 Plus are purely ones of system programming.

One very nice thing about the 920 Plus PDB is the way it is assembled makes it a fairly easy component to change out for anyone with the right tools and small parts soldering experience. The only question is whether or not Yuneec would sell the board assembly to those requesting them.

Something I find kind of interesting are the servo wires used for the motor outputs. They are visually exactly the same as those used with JR radio systems. JR (Japan Radio) is a very well made RC product imported into the U.S. by Horizon Hobby. JR is the only RC radio manufacturer I'm aware of that employs this color coding of their servo wire assemblies. Most use black, white, red or black, yellow, red. Some years back, Cermark, a high end after market servo wire and extension manufacturer/distributor used the same type of wire and plugs as JR but they ceased that side of their operations a long time ago.

Annottated 920 Board.jpg

Typhoon H PDB .jpg Annottated 920 Board.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Docdor and thoneter
Indeed! The only weak points are the manner in which the female bullet connectors are attached to four of the ESC’s.

Something I’ve said before I’ll say again; Yuneec has discontinued the best and most promising product they’ve ever made, the 920.

Reactions: Docdor
Yeah. I was looking at those. If they are very tight it would be easy to pull the connector off the board. Requires some care for certain.

Can I say something intelligent like the orange wires are pretty?

So Yuneec CS told me that they unequivocally put in a FC that is different in the plus than the 920 orig. He stated that the plus is the same as the 480. The cgo4 is flashed to work with the different components in the plus.

Good to know, thanks. I suppose the price difference between the 920 and H justifies having a nice case on the 920 AP but not on the H.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwight.a.atkinson