Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A better gimble

Reaction score
Guys i am new to the typhoon and this site so please excuse me if this is a duplicated thread, but I was wondering if I could get anyone’s recommendations on a better gimble to switch out my current stock one. It’s a great drone and everything but I wanted something that could zoom in and out and maybe night vision? Thanks!!

No recommendation... does not exist, on a platform no longer being updated.

As far as "night vision", please clarify... if you mean thermal capability, there is the compatible CGOET camera for the TH.

However if you are referring to the camera's low light/night image quality, the CGO series are not known for that use. You will have to consider the TH+ or H3... or other manfacturer's cameras (which cannot be used on the TH).

No zoom camera for the H480, and the closest to night vision would be the CGO-ET low light and thermal camera.

Reactions: sdsurf86

As far as "night vision", please clarify... if you mean thermal capability, there is the compatible CGOET camera for the TH.

However if you are referring to the camera's low light/night image quality, the CGO series are not known for that use. You will have to consider the TH+ or H3... or other manfacturer's cameras (which cannot be used on the TH).
Hi Eagle. May I ask what do you mean by “ a platform that is no longer being updated”

is the H Plus no longer supported or being developed? Bit concerned as I Just bought one brand new.

thanks

The H Plus is still supported, but has not been updated for well over a year now. Don’t expect to see any firmware updates or additional features added to it. That said, it is still a very good photo/video platform, and most anything you could want to know about it can be found on this forum.

Hi Eagle. May I ask what do you mean by “ a platform that is no longer being updated”

is the H Plus no longer supported or being developed? Bit concerned as I Just bought one brand new.

thanks

This thread was started in the Typhoon H subforum... there is no indication from the OP that he was referring to the H +.

As far as the H +, any improvments that you are looking for have already generously been implemented... in the H3.

Last edited:
This thread was started in the Typhoon H subforum... there is no indication from the OP that he was referring to the H +.
Glad you caught that, as I missed it too.

As far as 'zoom' on the H Plus, that was included in the last (or second to last - I forget) update, however is was a digital zoom (not optical) so basically it does nothing more than anyone can do in post. Having said that, I don't know of any consumer drones that have a true zoom lens or if there are they are verging on the Pro level and are a little ;) more costly.

Reactions: sdsurf86
Of course there is a "zoom" function... just push forward on the right stick. OMG, look at that tree look bigger... ARRRRGGGH

Apologies to @Steve Carr did not mean to violate any trademarks.
?

thanks for the info!

As far as 'zoom' on the H Plus, that was included in the last (or second to last - I forget) update, however is was a digital zoom (not optical) so basically it does nothing more than anyone can do in post. Having said that, I don't know of any consumer drones that have a true zoom lens or if there are they are verging on the Pro level and are a little ;) more costly.
Thanks for the info!

The H Plus is still supported, but has not been updated for well over a year now. Don’t expect to see any firmware updates or additional features added to it. That said, it is still a very good photo/video platform, and most anything you could want to know about it can be found on this forum.
I’m just nervous about flying this drone “close” to things. It’s very large and loud

Thanks for the info!!!

I’m just nervous about flying this drone “close” to things. It’s very large and loud
Flying forward you can always enable the Obstacle Avoidance. It will stop you from running into most things.

I actually find the Typhoon H to be quite tame as far as noise level. Once you are 30 meters up the level is not very noticeable. Most smaller drones have a high pitched angry hornet sound to them that people seem to notice more.

Not trying to hijack the thread.
Has anyone tried or thought of adapting the H+ camera to a standard H? Not having an H+ I have no idea how different they are.
Pete.

It will fit, but there would be no control of the camera because it is not in the software for the H480.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval