Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A couple tips when doing your H and ST16 firmware updates

Reaction score
Here are a couple things I would like to mentioned regarding the firmware updates of the H as well as ST16....use an SD card with 16 gigs or less if you're not using the SD card which comes with your H...when rebinding after you've updated the ST16 (updating the H firmware first makes things easier since it's still bound to ST16) hit the refresh button in the ST 16 Bind interface prior to trying your rebind.

Perhaps others would like to chime in, your mileage may vary.

Mickey, I used a 64 gig card during my update but there were some kinks.

Re-binding the camera after the update seems to be a pretty common malady so people should expect they'll have to do that.

Remove the DCIM folder from the card before inserting it into either the camera or SD-16. If you do the H first the DCIM folder will have been re-installed on the card during the camera update process and you'll need to remove it again before doing the ST-16.

Just to be sure people know, updating the H and the SD-16 are two different processes. The H and Camera update with the SD card inserted in the camera, the ST-16 updates with the card inserted in the ST-16.

Be prepared to uninstall and re-install the Typhoon H GUI on your computer. Mine would not communicate after the firmware update. Re-installation of the GUI and drivers instantly corrected that.

Check your GEO fence settings in the GUI after the updates to assure they are still correct.

Verify all the other sensors are functioning in the GUI before the first flight after the update.

Reactions: Guess Who
Here are a couple things I would like to mentioned regarding the firmware updates of the H as well as ST16....use an SD card with 16 gigs or less if you're not using the SD card which comes with your H...when rebinding after you've updated the ST16 (updating the H firmware first makes things easier since it's still bound to ST16) hit the refresh button in the ST 16 Bind interface prior to trying your rebind.

Very wise advise, that is exactly how I performed my update, and it went flawlessly, After rebinds, I do suggest(Only Suggest) doing a Compass Calibration! Thanks Mickey! As usual , spot on!;)

Very wise advise, that is exactly how I performed my update, and it went flawlessly, After rebinds, I do suggest(Only Suggest) doing a Compass Calibration! Thanks Mickey! As usual , spot on!;)
I heartily agree recalibrate everything! Compass, Gimbal (they called it camera in previous firmware version which it was not) and accelerometer

Reactions: DroneClone
I just got my H a couple weeks ago...... everything about it is flawless..... I'm a bit leary about doing any firmware updates unless absolutely nessesary

I just got my H a couple weeks ago...... everything about it is flawless..... I'm a bit leary about doing any firmware updates unless absolutely nessesary
If you are using an EU model you are going to get quicker camera connection times, that for me is proving a big plus. There's also the ability to switch off GPS in flight and few other small extras. Haven't hears of any bad stories on here from it yet.

Reactions: Black Dragon
If you are using an EU model you are going to get quicker camera connection times, that for me is proving a big plus. There's also the ability to switch off GPS in flight and few other small extras. Haven't hears of any bad stories on here from it yet.
EU model ?

Different radios or radio settings in different countries.
Thanks brother..... let me ask you something..... do I have to remove the SD card from the camera and put it in the st16 to watch my videos ?? It's a pain in the as

You are not wrong in the size of the SD card. I tried a 64GB card and a 32GB card and both times it told me it could not find the update package. So, I ran out to Best Buy and bought an 8GB card and suddenly everything work the way it should. I watch two YouTube video on upgrading the H and the ST16 and neither mentioned the size limit. I was stuck until I searched this forum and found your post. Thanks!!!

You are not wrong in the size of the SD card. I tried a 64GB card and a 32GB card and both times it told me it could not find the update package. So, I ran out to Best Buy and bought an 8GB card and suddenly everything work the way it should. I watch two YouTube video on upgrading the H and the ST16 and neither mentioned the size limit. I was stuck until I searched this forum and found your post. Thanks!!!
Glad it helped, I was stumped for about an hour until I narrowed it down to SD card size, for for some I guess they had no problems with 32 Gig cards which is what I was trying to do it with before I switched to 16 and viola!

I can not get my radio or my H to upgrade. I have tried different everything from an 8 to 64GB card. Nothing works. Both the radio and the H tell me no update can be found. Any ideas?

I can not get my radio or my H to upgrade. I have tried different everything from an 8 to 64GB card. Nothing works. Both the radio and the H tell me no update can be found. Any ideas?
1 or 2 things, are you sure the update downloaded fully to your PC? maybe its a corrupt file, try download it again.
Is your card is formatted correctly, use the original 16GB format it to exfat, don't worry about writing one the DCIM folders the camera will make these automatically when you go to use it as a camera card again.

Not sure this could be your problem but some people have tried to decompress installer package before install if you've done that it will not load...it's also odd it is happening with both devices which leads me to believe it's obviously not an H or ST16 issue. Have you tried more than one card? I had success with a card which just had the installer on it and a card with other data on it as well as installer...does you card work properly in other devices?

Got it figured out. At least I made it work. I had to rename the YTH file from.zip to .bin. It loaded on the YTH at that point. I had to rename the ST16 file from .zip to .yuneec. It found the update at that time. Both devices now updated. Had not read anywhere that you have to rename the downloads. Anyway, happy camper now.

Weird I know. All the videos I watched showed them dragging a .bin file over to the card. So I tried it. I tried renaming the ST16 file to bin but that didn't work. If you hover over the ST16 file download link it shows the file as .yuneec but it downloads as .zip. It was obvious right away on both devices because extraction started working instead of the "not found" message.

Reactions: banned user

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval