Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A newbie to Typhoon H, but not to drones

Reaction score
I have 2, 3DR Solo's and one DJI Phantom 4 Advance.
Just got my Typhoon H today, I'm charging second battery and will charge controller when that's done, it rained twice today, so hopefully that's all out of the system, so I'll fly tomorrow. Can't wait!

Welcome to YuneecPilots!

You will find the Typhoon H a joy to fly.

Not sure if you have the H480 version or the H Plus.

If the H Plus get the expanded manual here Typhoon H + Manual.

If the 480 series TH or TH Pro get the PDF file from this thread Documentation Library -Typhoon H.

Welcome the to the club.

I also have DJI drones. Very different I must say, Iam new to the Typhoon H plus. Completely different setup. Takes a while to adjust, I'm getting there.

I love the safety factor of more props. Deffo more commercial factor.

Enjoy:)

Had a good first flight, but the file of the footage, can't be read. I have a case pending with Yuneec support, but I don't know if they'll have any useful info, I have the Typhoon H not the plus and it doesn't have any numbers after it, it came with only a 16 GB micro SD, I have bigger ones, but the documentation said to use the card that came with it, so I got no video of this flight which is very frustrating, cause it was a beautiful day and the scene was awesome from what I saw in the controller. Also I didn't find anyway to format the Micro-SD I put in the controller, so it didn't work either.

Wayne,

Did you remember to start the video? And, if so, did you remember to stop the video recording before you powered off your aircraft?

Assuming you did start the video recording, and the problem is you forget to stop the video before powering off the H —- the typhoon H, not H Plus, sometimes will treat us right if we power up the H with the ST16, start another video, then stop it. It will try to properly close the unclosed video file before creating another.

Worth a shot if you have not already tried that trick.

Good luck!

Jeff

P.S. not sure what you are expecting of the SD card for the ST16. The controller does nothing with that card as far as recording anything is concerned. It can be used to transfer files, but that’s about all.

Last edited:
Had a good first flight, but the file of the footage, can't be read. I have a case pending with Yuneec support, but I don't know if they'll have any useful info, I have the Typhoon H not the plus and it doesn't have any numbers after it, it came with only a 16 GB micro SD, I have bigger ones, but the documentation said to use the card that came with it, so I got no video of this flight which is very frustrating, cause it was a beautiful day and the scene was awesome from what I saw in the controller. Also I didn't find anyway to format the Micro-SD I put in the controller, so it didn't work either.
Hi , ..waynepmyers,
You have to put the SD card in the camera, and before you do any more flying I suggest that you read the updated manual in the start of this forum ..Reason is that they are different to DJI , so you should read the manual to make better use of the equipment. The SD card does not go into the st16 controler and in the manual it shows you how to format the SD card with the st16 controler. When You read the manual several times it will become clear , AND DO NOT FLY IN SMART MODE, AS THE MODE IS NOT VERY SMART. It gets better as you get used to the H and safe and effective flying.
Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

The card that comes with the TH isn't the best card out there, though it is good enough if you are only filming at 1080f. It is iffy when filming at 4K. To get good results you need a U3 rated card...fitted in the camera of course, not the ST16.

As alluded to above, though, I suspect that your problem is that you didn't close the file before powering down. Easily done...I've forgotten to stop recording before powering down myself on a number of occasions too. If you haven't messed with the file using 3rd party file recovery apps you can recover the file (99% of the time) by simply putting it back into the camera, powering up your system again and start a 5 second video (this won't work with the H+). This method has worked for me.

" things jump into my head.
The SD card must be a u3 or it won't be fast enough to write the data.
The next is: Did you press the button to stop recording before powering the H off ? If you don't it can corrupt the file.
Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval