Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

A seagull attacked my H !

I had a large turkey vulture circling my H the other day but luckily he didn't make a move....it wouldn't have worked out for either of us I think.

I've heard gulls are very aggressive. I interrupted some buzzards road kill one time, and one took it personally!!

9372001157_eae80d38a9_o.jpg

9372004253_fc38dbeb16_o.jpg

9378361951_01539c0c88_o.jpg

9374777884_7bb3e7f88e_o.jpg

Attachments

• 9374777884_7bb3e7f88e_o.jpg
    9374777884_7bb3e7f88e_o.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
I haven't yet, knock on wood. But as I've stated before on another post, I personally do know someone who had their brand new P4 taken out by a Red Tail Hawk.

I flew my phantom over a tree last year and spooked a bird which flew straight into it. Sent the drone 2 miles before crashing into a field. Luckily it was found but was a right off. The bird came off worse tho.

These drones are dangerous to wildlife .. I had a red tail hawk attack my gyro a few year back. He lost also.

There was a fantastic video of an Eagle grabbing a phantom out of the air and taking it to its nest. Apparently the owner was able to retrieve his drone. In the next you could see the bird looking at it...

And I too have heard/read on the DJI forums of Seagulls being quite aggressive...

Reactions: Dragonflyerthom
I hope this is what you are talking bout Quadbart. It was posted 7 months ago. Just hope the link works.

Apparently birds can get territorial when a drone comes around. They go to investigate the drone to ensure its not another bird trying to infiltrate their location, and steal their resources. Be careful when flying near bigger birds!

My phantom never gets bothered by birds, but every time I fly the H, the birds start circling and come closer and closer, makes me so nervous I bring down and land it!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval