Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

About to be a yuneecer ( not even know it makes any sense)

I've always carried them on the table but you're right, those security measures that can prevent you from burning your house are never too much. The important thing is to have a CO2 extinguisher, remember that it is a chemical fire. A multipurpose fire extinguisher ABC the only thing you can get, apart from putting everything full of ****, is to spoil the electronics that you may have nearby.

Always try to be close when loading, never leave them unattended. Never leave them fully charged for more than 3 days. That's what the storage function is for. Store them in a dry and cool place. Complying with these simple rules of use, you extend the life of the batteries a lot.

I've got today some accessories and one of those was an extra battery (an original one). The first thing i did was to check if it was in store mode ,and it was ( 3.83/3.84 V in each cell) then i've looked at the IR ( 6,8,7,9 +- 2 mohm ). last i've had a look at the small paper inside the bag and it said " in the event of a fire , a Class D, dry chemical fire extinguisher must be used " . The class D is for combustible metal right ?
So probably is good to have one D class and 1 ABC class for everything else can catch on fire .

That is because the lithium is a metal and burns a lot like magnesium and sodium. They all have affinity for combustion around oxygen.

That is because the lithium is a metal and burns a lot like magnesium and sodium. They all have affinity for combustion around oxygen.

So it is wise to have at least the Class D extinguisher in an handy spot .
I have to buy a safe bag ... got it .

Can i charge the battery while it is inside the safty bag ? or the heat will increse too much ?

It can be loaded, they recommend doing it this way. Anyway, class D fire extinguishers are also dust, that's why I prefer the CO2 ones. Weren't you going to use the barbecue?

The smell of roasting can cause birds of prey to attack you more than usual ;)

Dust fire extinguishers make everything very dirty, but if you use the barbecue and in a slightly secluded area where you don't mind, just in case you have a problem, that it gets a little stained, then a D dust fire extinguisher (yes, they are dust) might be the best option. A CO2 extinguisher what it does is remove the oxygen from the fire triangle and therefore suffocate the fire as well, the advantage is that it does not add "dirt" to the extinguishing process but I understand that it will be somewhat less effective than the type D.

The smell of roasting can cause birds of prey to attack you more than usual ;)

Dust fire extinguishers make everything very dirty, but if you use the barbecue and in a slightly secluded area where you don't mind, just in case you have a problem, that it gets a little stained, then a D dust fire extinguisher (yes, they are dust) might be the best option. A CO2 extinguisher what it does is remove the oxygen from the fire triangle and therefore suffocate the fire as well, the advantage is that it does not add "dirt" to the extinguishing process but I understand that it will be somewhat less effective than the type D.
I live close to the sea and seagulls just love drone ...in a bad way tho ,and i really need to practice some maneuver to avoid contact .... people saying going rapidly up could save your b side...will see.

I'll use the bbq for sure . i have to check temperature , inside and outside the bbq while charging , because it's true that we have little days really cold (34°F to 42°F) but the days really hot are much much more .....
Well , i have to set everything up pretty well ....

Co2 extinguisher are also much cheaper so i'll go for that .

Got it
? ? ? ?
I'll put it under the tree with a big red ribbon... From: Me To: Me ?

Quick question ... cheking the 2 batteries i've found one almost fully charged ... 4.25V / 4.28V per cell ..... ( not sure why ).
I wanna put it in store mode . with my q200 i can change the ampere till 5A what A should i use ?

here it is ..... not sure about the name yet ...
1577113546480.png

Last edited:
Put that battery in the H520 and take it out and let it gather satellites for 30 minutes play around with the camera while you are on the ground. Take photos and video. This will ensure your camera is working properly and let you drain the battery down to about 15.4V. Then when you balance charge it will take a lot less time.

You can leave the current level the same as for doing a full charge. When it starts to balance the cells it will reduce current automatically.

Reactions: Max_IT
Put that battery in the H520 and take it out and let it gather satellites for 30 minutes play around with the camera while you are on the ground. Take photos and video. This will ensure your camera is working properly and let you drain the battery down to about 15.4V. Then when you balance charge it will take a lot less time.

You can leave the current level the same as for doing a full charge. When it starts to balance the cells it will reduce current automatically.

Perfect . i did not think about that .... i have to update and try everything so i need a full charged battery .. thank you

... one more thing
I saw a cable , i think is the camera connector cable that rise from the bottom of the battery slot and goes up to the left .
the cable seem to be really stretched.. is it normal?
Can the battery put more tension on that cable ?

1577122357222.png

Perfect . i did not think about that .... i have to update and try everything so i need a full charged battery .. thank you

... one more thing
I saw a cable , i think is the camera connector cable that rise from the bottom of the battery slot and goes up to the left .
the cable seem to be really stretched.. is it normal?
Can the battery put more tension on that cable ?

View attachment 19460

Look a little closer, e.g. up.

The pins for the battery are up higher, keeping that cable out of play, at least for battery interference.

While your cable appears a little taut, but it is likely fine. My guess is it will relax, if it needs to, when the craft warms up a few times during use.

Attached is a pic of my H520 battery compartmentx showing the battery contacts up much higher than that cable. The shape of the battery provides clearance below those contacts.

JeffIMG_4479.jpg

Reactions: DoomMeister
Can you get a photo looking straight into the battery bay? The connector should be near the top and the rest of the battery shouldn’t touch the wire bundle I see in your photo.
7267FA7A-5F78-44D0-8429-F7D37E6C16C4.jpeg
This is looking straight into my TH Pro battery bay. The batteries are the same physical size as yours. Looking at the shape of your battery’s connector you should see there is clearance inside the bay.

Thanks for your post Jeff. We both had the same idea, but yours wins as it is an H520.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday season up there in the Great White North.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
The Q200 allows you to put the batteries in "Storage" mode. It is highly recommended that you read the manual, the drone manual, the charger manual, everything manual ;)

It is not at all advisable to leave the drone on without flying, much less the camera, especially the E90. They are designed to be cooled in flight, being stopped can lead to overheating and that can cause some component to break down, it would not be the first time.

When you say one of the batteries was almost fully charged, do you mean one of the newly purchased batteries? If so, it's not a good sign, the batteries, from factory come in storage mode and if it's almost fully charged is that someone has charged it and should not have left it like that, should have left it in storage mode. It is precisely when you leave it more than 3 days fully charged that you quickly ruin the battery.

It is not at all advisable to leave the drone on without flying, much less the camera, especially the E90. They are designed to be cooled in flight, being stopped can lead to overheating and that can cause some component to break down, it would not be the first time.
Thanks for the information @arruntus!

I was not aware that the H520 and E90 were vulnerable to overheating while stationary. Glad you brought it up, so @Max_IT doesn’t damage his equipment.

I only suggested that to help discharge the battery without taking forever with the Q200 charger. They only discharge at 10W so it will take quite a lengthy amount of time to get to storage from nearly full charge.

Hope you are having a happy holiday season!

Reactions: arruntus
The Q200 allows you to put the batteries in "Storage" mode. It is highly recommended that you read the manual, the drone manual, the charger manual, everything manual ;)

When you say one of the batteries was almost fully charged, do you mean one of the newly purchased batteries? If so, it's not a good sign, the batteries, from factory come in storage mode and if it's almost fully charged is that someone has charged it and should not have left it like that, should have left it in storage mode. It is precisely when you leave it more than 3 days fully charged that you quickly ruin the battery.
i'm trying to figure it out .
I did not read everything ...yet ;) but i will.
..i see the point about leaving the drone still and not be able to cool itself down . but i'll need at least to leave it down for a while to binding and upgrading firmwares and so on .

One of the two batteries that come with the drone was not in store mode and i read 4.228V Low till 4.287 V High , (17.05V total) and an internal resistance of 8,7,7,9 mohm ( ithink that is good ) .
I can think that the guy i bought it from , charge it to see if the drone could turn on ......

Nothing i can do right now so tomorrow i think 'll fire it up and update everything it needs to be update then put the battery in store mode .... also because i cannot fly it because i have not insurance and i have it to register it .

Last edited:
I only suggested that to help discharge the battery without taking forever with the Q200 charger. They only discharge at 10W so it will take quite a lengthy amount of time to get to storage from nearly full charge.

Hope you are having a happy holiday season!

Discharge and storage mode ( when the Voltage is higher than store voltage)
are the same ?because in discharge mode , the charger allow me to set the ampere to a maximum of 2A , in storage mode , i get a maximum of 5A ( so pretty much 1C) and because the flying drone discharge in about 25 minutes , the discharge rate is about 2C . right ?

I never use discharge mode on LiPo or LiHV batteries unless I am going to be discarding them. Most chargers take the battery down to 3.2V per cell in discharge mode. I personally do not see any reason to go that low. I’ll use discharge mode to take them down near 3V per cell and then soak them in saltwater for 48 hours. That makes them safe to handle and recycle without worry of fire or outgassing.

Being above storage voltage is ok and the battery will discharge down to storage voltage and balance when set to storage mode on the charger. It will take time as each channel only discharges at 10W. I use the ISDT FD-100 80W discharger for when I can’t fly out my batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NetsolWater