Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

About to be a yuneecer ( not even know it makes any sense)

Ah you also use this unloader. Nickel, I had one, I took 3 so it does its job well.
I use it on the H520 and Evo batteries.
On the Evo, the full battery is put in storage in 20 minutes and that of the H520 in about 30 minutes.
Nickel because no connection to the sector and also little discharge by car on the way back.

as @arruntus said i have to read everything manual , but still i dont understand what amperage i have to use in storage mode on my q200 charger .

Charging +balancing mode is easy : on the battery it says never charge more tha 1C rate but i it says nothing about storage mode .

I go in LiHV mode , search for storage mode , then it ask ( like in charging mode) to choose the Amps to use and after that number of battery cell . thats it
is it safe to use 5 amps on storage mode ....
i think i'm getting lost... sorry

Last edited:
as @arruntus said i have to read everything manual , but still i dont understand what amperage i have to use in storage mode on my q200 charger .

Charging +balancing mode is easy : on the battery it says never charge more tha 1C rate but i it says nothing about storage mode .

I go in LiHV mode , search for storage mode , then it ask ( like in charging mode) to choose the Amps to use and after that number of battery cell . thats it
is it safe to use 5 amps on storage mode ....
i think i'm getting lost... sorry

It is very easy, you always put the same data, just change modes, that is 5,2A and 4S remembering that they are LiHV batteries. The rest is taken care of by the charger.

You are right @DoomMeister , lowering the voltage is always very slow, what I do to accelerate the process is to start the engines, fly it slightly or at least start it indoors grabbing it so it doesn't get out of control without forcing the engines too much. It's much faster. I don't even tell you what I do when I have to do it with 12A batteries ????

There are always problems, it starts raining and you come back with charged batteries, or you don't know exactly what you need and you carry too much. The important thing is, if you are not going to use them soon, leave them in storage mode.

@claudius62 the link you put up is not visible. It's always good to know other methods ?

P.D.:

Last edited:
And then there’s the poor man’s method; presented many times in these pages...

Hook up to a car headlight or fog light. Set timer to 20 or 30 minutes. A few connection suggestions have also been presented. (A small fan is also recommended to keep the lamp(s) cool.)

I usually have the timing down to get to storage level. Also have the h battery tester as my connection, so voltage reading is always available.

If I discharge a few tenths below storage, then on the charger it goes, balancing to true storage level.

By the way, also works when complete depletion is desired. Just do it safely, outdoors preferably. The battery may puff; speaking from experience during an unintentional total discharge. Hence the reference to the use of a timer (smartphone, perhaps).

Jeff

Last edited:
thanks folks .... the fog light i s a nice one .......
Here my first attempt ....at all storaging my first LiHv Battery ..... i' m a real man now ?
it is so slow anyways for now (15minutes) ... it's sucking about 0.6A

1577174381473.png

Last edited:
@claudius62 I've seen that one before and it's not enough for me. With the 6S batteries you're bored to death. The SkyRC model is much more powerful, but also more expensive. SkyRC BD200

@NorWiscPilot when you want to completely discharge a battery, because it has inflated for example, the safest way is with salt water. I cut the connectors, to use them another time if necessary, and in a small container where the water completely covers the battery, I add salt (we add the salt before we put the battery in). You eliminate the danger of explosion. In 24 hours you have it solved. I leave them on the balcony, sometime months they have been there because I have forgotten them ? ? ?

@Max_IT Maybe it's a silly question, but shouldn't you have removed the charcoal? I think it's better to remove the fuel than to add it ??? Another thing, in case of explosion, the barbecue is in charge of protecting the rest, but the way you put it you lose the charger too. Isn't it better to put it on the table and close the lid, as much as possible, of the barbecue?

Fellows, I'm going to my mother's to spend a couple of days, enjoy the holidays and the family. Greetings :)

@arruntus I can, cook at least 2 T-bone steaks with those ??.. I'll clean up next time I use it to charge batteries.. I promise ?.
I was thinking to close the bbq too with the battery inside only but the battery adapter is kinda of short... I have to figure out something.

I put the battery in store mode, choosing 5amps and In 2 hours ( it shut off automatically due to limit time cut off safety) it reached only 0.6amps.

... Anyways... Hope you all have woderful holidays..

Last edited:
@NorWiscPilot when you want to completely discharge a battery, because it has inflated for example, the safest way is with salt water. I cut the connectors, to use them another time if necessary, and in a small container where the water completely covers the battery, I add salt (we add the salt before we put the battery in). You eliminate the danger of explosion. In 24 hours you have it solved. I leave them on the balcony, sometime months they have been there because I have forgotten them [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

@arruntus,

To clarify, I was referring to “puffing” during a total discharge operation.

I was not implying a total discharge “because” of previous puffing.

[emoji41]

Jeff

Reactions: arruntus
When it comes to eating a good steak or flying, I always wonder :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ? ? ? ?

You can buy extension cords, I have them. Here's an example. 2S 3S 4S 5S 6S 7S 8S 9S 10S XH LiPO Balance Silicone wire Extension 30cm Adapter | eBay

@NorWiscPilot I don't know if I understood you correctly or what happened. The fights I have with the english man will have been :rolleyes: Anyway there it is, you want to discharge completely to recycle a battery that no longer works? Water with salt ?

In case I have a little time, a difficult task these days, I will look for a more affordable and friendly discharger than the SkyRC one. 200w already makes 6S discharges at 8Ah which is not bad compared to the capacity that can have a charger to which you add a lot of stress because they are not designed to withstand such a large amount of heat in the process. I looked at it a long time ago but until now you have brought up the subject, I don't even remember :rolleyes:

In case someone finds a decent one, you know, sharing is a healthy exercise ;):)

Reactions: Max_IT
Hey... Happy holy days to all.
Finally got time to check the drone and I start upgrading everything... It's been difficult with the gimbal but I finally did it, but now I'm stack with the camera...... E90( 1.0.2 isn't old? ) it downloads , extractsand flashed but at the end it ask me to download it again.... And so on. Can I upgrade the camera straight from its SD?

yes, put the firmware in the root of the sd and turn it on
Great @arruntus ... it worked out just perfect .....
now everything is up to date ... next step ..... flying time ......
should i fly the first time without the camera ? just in case something goes wrong ? ...i did not even turn on the motors .....

Never, the reason is very simple and because of something I have never liked. The telemetry is transmitted from the module that is integrated next to the camera and the gimbal. So if you fly without the camera you are flying without telemetry, something totally unadvised given that it is the biggest advantage we have with it.

You have to make a good pre-flight checklist. Main things?

Battery correctly set up.
properly attached propellers
Switch on the ST16S first, then the H520
Wait until you have enough satellites, more than 6
Flight in eagle mode

There is no hurry, take off with some speed, get to a decent height in an area with no obstacles nearby and then already, quiet movements and low speed, no hurry, get used to the reactions of the aircraft. Take a good look at the data the screen gives you, they are your best friend.

Make a few flights like this and you'll quickly get the hang of it :D

Never, the reason is very simple and because of something I have never liked. The telemetry is transmitted from the module that is integrated next to the camera and the gimbal. So if you fly without the camera you are flying without telemetry, something totally unadvised given that it is the biggest advantage we have with it.

You have to make a good pre-flight checklist. Main things?

Battery correctly set up.
properly attached propellers
Switch on the ST16S first, then the H520
Wait until you have enough satellites, more than 6
Flight in eagle mode

There is no hurry, take off with some speed, get to a decent height in an area with no obstacles nearby and then already, quiet movements and low speed, no hurry, get used to the reactions of the aircraft. Take a good look at the data the screen gives you, they are your best friend.

Make a few flights like this and you'll quickly get the hang of it :D

Wow.. That is so wrong..... And didn't know it. So all the telemetry goes through the 5.8ghz...?

I'm kind of worry about the battery. For example...
The one I have bought had the black pin that hold the back lever slightly out ( less than a mm) , but enough to stop the battery to fully been inserted ( no click sound) so I had to use a philips screw driver, and a hammer, ( a small one) to push the pin all the way down, matching the orange plastic battery cover.

The two battery that came with the drone, have a plastic insert with a, black line saying
Push till you don't see the line anymore or something like that, but when I use those batteries, they actually stay a little more out than the other and yes I still see that black line......

Wow.. That is so wrong..... And didn't know it. So all the telemetry goes through the 5.8ghz...?

I'm kind of worry about the battery. For example...
The one I have bought had the black pin that hold the back lever slightly out ( less than a mm) , but enough to stop the battery to fully been inserted ( no click sound) so I had to use a philips screw driver, and a hammer, ( a small one) to push the pin all the way down, matching the orange plastic battery cover.

The two battery that came with the drone, have a plastic insert with a, black line saying
Push till you don't see the line anymore or something like that, but when I use those batteries, they actually stay a little more out than the other and yes I still see that black line......
Would you post a photo of your batteries side by side, showing the black line you mentioned?

If those lines are visible when inserted into the aircraft, they are not fully seated and latched.

I was posting as you were uploading the last two photos. That is really close to being fully seated. Do the batteries without the black line go in the same amount, or are they more flush?

Last edited:
If those lines are visible when inserted into the aircraft, they are not fully seated and latched.

I was posting as you were uploading the last two photos. That is really close to being fully seated. Do the batteries without the black line go in the same amount, or are they more flush?
I think they all pretty much the same but I have to check again. I'm not home right now. I tried to pull it out ones inserted, grabbing it from the sides and it moved just a tiny tiny bit but not more than that but anyways visible.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital