Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

About to take the plunge on an H Pro any tips?

Reaction score
Horizon Hobby has the H for the new price plus I have a 10% off coupon to bring it to $1350 for a Pro. Any Helpful tips or things i should know ahead of time?

The system comes with an SD card. On the card there is a lot of information. Download and save all of it to your computer. Mark the card as the one that came with the H and save it. It's quite probable you will need to use that card, and not a different one, for firmware updates. There's something about some other cards the systems does not like for firmware stuff.

Purchase U3 SD cards for the camera if you intend to shoot 4k. You want the fastest write speed you can get.

Don't change anything. It works fine the way it's made.

Read the instructions and watch a few online videos before flying the first time, then read the instructions again. Go slow and learn each single feature one at a time. You don't need to do everything in one day. If able, buy a couple extra batteries. If you have a third part lipo charger consider obtaining battery charge adaptors that will permit using the third party charger. As your number of batteries increases the third party charger becomes quite a benefit.

Don't get in an argument with DJI people, there's just too many of them. Enjoy your H and spend some time visiting here, there's a lot of info to be had.

Watch Captaindrone's YouTube video on setting white balance and using the camera. Your pictures and videos will be much better for it. Better still, just subscribe to his channel. He comes up with some pretty good informational videos.

The system comes with an SD card. On the card there is a lot of information. Download and save all of it to your computer. Mark the card as the one that came with the H and save it. It's quite probable you will need to use that card, and not a different one, for firmware updates. There's something about some other cards the systems does not like for firmware stuff.

Purchase U3 SD cards for the camera if you intend to shoot 4k. You want the fastest write speed you can get.

Read the instructions and watch a few online videos before flying the first time, then read the instructions again. Go slow and learn each single feature one at a time. You don't need to do everything in one day. If able, buy a couple extra batteries. If you have a third part lipo charger consider obtaining battery charge adaptors that will permit using the third party charger. As your number of batteries increases the third party charger becomes quite a benefit.

Don't get in an argument with DJI people, there's just too many of them. Enjoy your H and spend some time visiting here, there's a lot of info to be had.

Watch Captaindrone's YouTube video on setting white balance and using the camera. Your pictures and videos will be much better for it. Better still, just subscribe to his channel. He comes up with some pretty good informational videos.
Excellent recommendations Pat. I would only add: "Altitude is your friend."

My thoughts exactly. I currently own a Blade Chroma with CGO2+ (typhoon q500+) and was wondering if I should drop the cash on a typhoon or the mavic. I really like the real sense and wizard but I like the portability of the mavic and it's range. It's a hard call. I love the support for yuneec/HH and have heard horror stories of DJI. Plus the H has a full/oversized radio when the mavic has the little awkward thing. I'm leaning towards yuneec because I like what they have done in the past.

That Chroma is pretty portable;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's pretty cool. Just did a video testing the follow me in high winds. My only issue is the camera is a CGO2+ wish I would have got the 3. Follow me scares me as nothing keeps it from running into a tree.

It's pretty cool. Just did a video testing the follow me in high winds. My only issue is the camera is a CGO2+ wish I would have got the 3. Follow me scares me as nothing keeps it from running into a tree.
If you use the follow me function on any bird you should maintain plenty of altitude. Also, have you considered getting a used bird? There are some pretty good deals around for the H.

If you use the follow me function on any bird you should maintain plenty of altitude. Also, have you considered getting a used bird? There are some pretty good deals around for the H.
I've really liked what I've seen on the h with real sense. I like the package and price HH is offering. I was thinking of getting new with all the problems people have been having(fresh warranty). I was very close to pulling the trigger on the standard for $1,300 but the pro at $1,350 with 2 batt, wizard, bag is crazy.

Any time you can get a deal on batteries, jump on it. I have 7 and that seems just about right. I would have loved 2 for 1 battery deals.

@WesBur13
Did your H come with the Wizard from Horizon?
According to fast serve(dealer info) it's included. Have not ordered yet. Also on all the info for the SKU it says "free wizard inside"

Zed,
We have several pilots on here from the land of Oz. Maybe one near you.
I think you will enjoy the H. Like anything it has both good and bad points. I like how stable it is in high wind. Just stays where you leave it.

Horizon Hobby has the H for the new price plus I have a 10% off coupon to bring it to $1350 for a Pro. Any Helpful tips or things i should know ahead of time?
Spend a good amount of time in practice. I'm still learning. You have a wonderful craft that is very responsive and provides incredible images. I love the gimbal, such beautiful smooth shots. You can watch many videos on the H on youtube, lots of good information. This board is filled with very knowledgeable, friendly and able folks that can help you if you have any questions. All I can tell you, make sure you always know what flight mode you are in. Sometimes if you're changing the velocity, you can accidentally knock the toggle from angle mode to smart mode, and the Typhoon H behaves quite differently in smart mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval