Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Added 3rd Antenna to ST16!!!!

Reaction score
Just modded my ST16 by moving the internal 2.4 whip antenna to the outside with a RP-SMA / IPEX cable. I am now using the Moxon antenna for telemetry (2.4), and FPVLR antennas for control (2.4) and fpv (5.8). I was losing telemetry data in and out at very short ranges. Now with this setup I loose telemetry and fpv at around the same distances/circumstances. Very happy. My H is still stock with the short whip antennas. Maybe for the Spring I will mod to allow removable sma antennas to give an even better reception link.

Attachments

• ST163rdAnt.jpg
    ST163rdAnt.jpg
    702 KB · Views: 83
So, can you tell me where you got your RP-SMA / IPEX cable and the Moxon antenna? I'm also using FPVLRs but as you experienced, I'm often dropping telemetry at short ranges.

I have not been able to afford any of the antennas I want yet but I just want to point out that on most peoples set ups i set the FPVLR antenna set up differently. It may have nothing to do with it but maybe it does? There is another thread here where a guy does some great comparison and he has a left hand flat patch antenna far left, and the fpvlr center and right.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lahorelaptop