Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Adding a second camera to the Typhoon H

Reaction score
So I looked at the Inspire 2 and one feature I like is to have a second camera for 2 person operation . So I got to thinking and I was wondering is I could add something like the Boscam 5.8 or would that cause problems with the Typhoon radio?

I've been thinking if doing something similar for a while. With 2.4 and 5.8 both being used with the Typhoon I was thinking of trying a 3.3 vtx setup. Hopefully should work without causing interference on either 2.4 or 5.8

5.8 should work by selecting a frequency different from what is used by Yuneec. A frequency scanner would establish what the is set to. Another option might be 900mHz but the antennas are a bit large. Might be a good idea to use a small separate battery for an added pilot cam to avoid other system interference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking of adding a separate battery and Foxtech seels a boscam with a 200mhz transmitter built in and it Runs on 5.8

I wonder how DJI does it on the Inspire 2
I've seen multiple Lightbridges going at one, so I assume just two signals on varying bands

It will not be that difficult to put on a second camera but you will have to also include a separate battery unless you want to try and Tyin to your TH.

Being that the last post on this thread was 11 months ago. IAM curious to know if anyone has tried any configuration to do this to the H & it be successful?

Yes. I've modified a cgo3+ so it also has a fpv cam and vtx onboard. It can be swapped out between craft so I can fly with or without it. On the st16 I have a second screen mounted so I can see the video from the camera.

Facebook

Last edited:
Yes. I've modified a cgo3+ so it also has a fpv cam and vtx onboard. It can be swapped out between craft so I can fly with or without it. On the st16 I have a second screen mounted so I can see the video from the camera.

Facebook
This is cool, what is your setup for the FPV + receiver?

I use a Eachine diversity monitor mounted above the st16, that way I have both the fpv feed and the cgo3 feed visible while flying.

IMG_20170828_200039.jpg

I use a Eachine diversity monitor mounted above the st16, that way I have both the fpv feed and the cgo3 feed visible while flying.

View attachment 8703
Hi, I use Aerial photography with Robinson R44 based at Bromma Airport Stockholm as my clients want to see the video while filming. I have connected the Feelworld to the ST16 with a 5 meter HDMI cable so the client don't have to climb on my shoulders while I operate the H/ST16 and cam. Works great! Then you can also watch the ST16 replay on the bigger Feelworld 10.1" screen.

Hi, I use Aerial photography with Robinson R44 based at Bromma Airport Stockholm as my clients want to see the video while filming. I have connected the Feelworld to the ST16 with a 5 meter HDMI cable so the client don't have to climb on my shoulders while I operate the H/ST16 and cam. Works great! Then you can also watch the ST16 replay on the bigger Feelworld 10.1" screen.

To allow my clients to see the feed from the st16 I use a Samsung view tablet. 19" screen and totally wireless.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval