Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

After about 50 flights, my Q500 4k will not hold GPS LOCK

Reaction score
After about 50 flights, my Q500 4k will not hold GPS LOCK.

Starts off in GPS lock sometimes but quickly changes to GPS Ready and has begun to lose GPS completely now, requiring a sweaty manual return to base and landing.

I have tried the proverbial everything. It has never done this before and has been 100% reliable.

Light on the tail is flashing orange with white flashes every few seconds.

Lost my nerve now. Support and suggestions welcome.

John

Thank you. I have calibrated the compass. Still no GPS lock.

Does the GPS status on the screen have to say GPS LOCK while flying? Mine will only show GPS Ready.

As long as the GPS is looking for GPS fix it says "Acquiring". The copter cannot be armed. Once GPS lock was done it says "GPS ready" and the copter can be armed.
Here an example from my Q500 telemtry data this morning. It should look similar in your telemetry file.
ScreenshotSchnellanalyse_1.png
br HE

Thank you very much for that.

So with GPS Ready I'm good to go.

I still have the problem of Lost GPS though, even with 18 satellites on the drone and 12 on the controller.

Hopefully, calibration and binding again might fix it.

Cheers.

I have now concluded that, for some reason, I now need to calibrate the compass before every flight.

I never needed to do this before when flying in the same field. It would seem that the compass is now "forgetting" its calibrated settings from one day to the next.

I wonder where the calibration data is stored? (on-board system battery?, capacitor?)

I will continue trying to solve this.

Compass is available as replacement part:
Product-ID: YUNQ500111-SVC

Search for "YUNQ500111" and you will get a couple of offers...

Not that cheap as it could be but easy to replace.

br HE

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval