I also received the Samsonite bag which is shown in the Carolina Dronz video which PRnNJs Finest also seems to be planning to use. I think it will work fine.
Couple of thoughts.
1. This Samsonite bag is named as an "Underseater" bag and is typically used by travelers as their "personal bag", not their carry-on bag. Several people have cited the carry-on bag size limits (though they vary somewhat between airlines), but that is not typically applied to a personal bag. Before ordering it I read numerous reviews and responses to questions (posted links to those before) and numerous people said they never had a problem taking it on board with them and not one person said they did have a problem.
2. I'll probably add some foam to mine before flying but it's not all that critical when I'm carrying it carefully and keeping it within reach at all times.
3. Larger cases such as the Pelican 1610 are nice cases and, yes, they can be locked with TSA approved locks. However, numerous airport employees have keys for such locks and, IMO, any bag with a lock on it is like a bold sign telling any dishonest airport employee that this case has items worth stealing.
4. I am not a gun "nut" but, if I were to use something like a Pelican 1610 and was traveling within the USA to a state where I could legally possess a handgun, I would pack one of my handguns in my case and lock it with a lock that only I have a key to or a combination lock that only I know the combination to. Such a lock is a specific FAA requirement for transporting firearms on airlines (have also posted a link to this before).
5. Ideally, I'd like to find an aluminum case that is 22" x 14" x 9" and create a foam insert for it that would allow me to pack my TH with landing gear up, front and rear prop arms partially down, and camera removed. I've looked and not found such a case. I don't want a case with a pull-out handle as this takes up valuable space from the inside dimensions of the case.
Just my 2 cents.