Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Alaska Drone - Yuneec Typhoon H

Reaction score
Enjoy flying in Alaska with Yuneec Typhoon H Drone. This is an awesome state with spectacular views. Looking forward to testing the YTH cold temp limits, rated at -10 F. but lets see how much colder it will still perform.

Typhoon H. Drone

-10 F...where are those ratings, BTW?

Weather here (E. Texas) for weeks is 105+ heat index (high humidity). It has had no problems, but gets so hot on top you can't hold your hand there long, so I decided to fly only early until the temps moderate.
Good luck.

Enjoy flying in Alaska with Yuneec Typhoon H Drone. This is an awesome state with spectacular views. Looking forward to testing the YTH cold temp limits, rated at -10 F. but lets see how much colder it will still perform.

Typhoon H. Drone
I believe the rating is -10C although I have flown my Q in colder temps...flight times seemed to be shorter in the cooler temps

Rayray & Chewman, I talked with Yuneec CS and requested information on some of the specs. It is -10F.
Steve Carr, I work up in the Arctic Oil Fields [Prudhoe Bay] and have been in -100F temps; I can easily handle -10F, especially on sunny days without winds [perfect ice-fishing weather]. Battery will be the downfall, but hoping I can keep warm and insulated before flying to retain a few more minutes. Totally dry up here, so condensation issues should not be a problem. But definitely will not fly in any snow storms!

Reactions: Steve Carr
Rayray & Chewman, I talked with Yuneec CS and requested information on some of the specs. It is -10F.
Steve Carr, I work up in the Arctic Oil Fields [Prudhoe Bay] and have been in -100F temps; I can easily handle -10F, especially on sunny days without winds [perfect ice-fishing weather]. Battery will be the downfall, but hoping I can keep warm and insulated before flying to retain a few more minutes. Totally dry up here, so condensation issues should not be a problem. But definitely will not fly in any snow storms!
The coldest I've flown the Q500 is around 17 F at night in the wind with no gloves. The controller got cold which made my fingers get cold. After that I sat in my side-by-side with a heated cab and flew in comfort. The touch screen doesn't work with gloves on. I have flown a few times when it's snowing and never had any problems. The limiting factor is visibility so as long as it's not snowing really hard it works well.

-10 F...where are those ratings, BTW?

Weather here (E. Texas) for weeks is 105+ heat index (high humidity). It has had no problems, but gets so hot on top you can't hold your hand there long, so I decided to fly only early until the temps moderate.
Good luck.

Here are the H specs as per Yuneec UK.

Attachments

• Typhoon H Specs as per Yuneec UK.pdf
    45.5 KB · Views: 4
Chewman,
The drone seems to have a better high range (-5C to 80C / 23F to 176F) than the GCO3+ (-10C to 40C / 14F to 104F) while the camera seems to fair better in the colder temperatures; no specs on the controller were provided by Yuneec UK by JCFlippen. I would presume the Android would deal fairly well in the cold as my phone worked in the freezing cold arctic climate.

Steve,
Agree with the wind being an issue in cold temps, ended many ice fishing trips early when we didn't bring a tent. Cool, pun intended, that you were able to fly at 17F, even cooler, no pun intended, that you flew while it was snowing. Any video you can post, would love to see the results. Not sure if I am yet willing to do that with my drone at this time, but now more willing than before thanks to your input.

Everyone, stay warm and fly safe.

Typhoon H. Drone

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval