Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

All expert RC pilots listen up

Reaction score
All expert RC pilots watch out.now I don't consider myself an expert. There are a few things that you're really going to have to watch out for on your new drone.One I try to give myself a minimum of 2 to 4 weeks to get used to the controller and the aircraft. Now while you are doing this take it slow and keep it low. Do not try to replicate the things that you see on these videos. Practice everything until you don't need to look. You need to know where The switches and buttons are. Remember be patient . Enjoy yourself I'm sure there are a lot more qualified people than me who can chime in right now and give you additional information. Fly safe

And read the manual.
The number of times someone asks "what does that flashing light mean" is of concern.
You don't just throw everything on charge then head out and fly as far as you can in a fit of excitement.
Dragon is absolutely correct. Learn the system and it's components BEFORE you head out.

All expert RC pilots watch out.now I don't consider myself an expert. There are a few things that you're really going to have to watch out for on your new drone.One I try to give myself a minimum of 2 to 4 weeks to get used to the controller and the aircraft. Now while you are doing this take it slow and keep it low. Do not try to replicate the things that you see on these videos. Practice everything until you don't need to look. You need to know where The switches and buttons are. Remember be patient . Enjoy yourself I'm sure there are a lot more qualified people than me who can chime in right now and give you additional information. Fly safe

So many toggles and buttons on the ST16 for H, even takes time for the experienced users.

And read the manual.
The number of times someone asks "what does that flashing light mean" is of concern.
You don't just throw everything on charge then head out and fly as far as you can in a fit of excitement.
Dragon is absolutely correct. Learn the system and it's components BEFORE you head out.
Glen, I don't recall this being asked very much but I had questioned the white and purple flashing indicator because this IS NOT in the manual or guide.

The lack of a in-depth manual is what amazes me , have for the most part figured everything out except one. Still trying to figure how to vary the speed in cable cam mode . Been from 1 to 11 mph but cant seem to set it for a particular speed on demand. Have spent the last 5 packs trying to figure a way to do it .Been in RC since the 80's, finished 3rd in 1/10 electric off road world championship and a past owner of a hobby shop for 8 yrs and have yet to figure it out.

The lack of a in-depth manual is what amazes me , have for the most part figured everything out except one. Still trying to figure how to vary the speed in cable cam mode . Been from 1 to 11 mph but cant seem to set it for a particular speed on demand. Have spent the last 5 packs trying to figure a way to do it .Been in RC since the 80's, finished 3rd in 1/10 electric off road world championship and a past owner of a hobby shop for 8 yrs and have yet to figure it out.
Yeah that CCC speed is a brain twister, it's either going forward or coming back at a set speed. Someone mentioned adjusting the rabbit control have you tried that? Maybe the wizard will help :)

Yeah that CCC speed is a brain twister, it's either going forward or coming back at a set speed. Someone mentioned adjusting the rabbit control have you tried that? Maybe the wizard will help :)
From what I have tried, it seems to only go slower or faster by your manual stick movement on right sick, but then you need one more set of arms and hands to do camera adjustments! LOL ! :confused:

And read the manual.
Just lamintate the card, carry it with you, give to the person asking the question and tell them to tell you.

From what I have tried, it seems to only go slower or faster by your manual stick movement on right sick, but then you need one more set of arms and hands to do camera adjustments! LOL ! :confused:
We need to come back as a spider, then we can control everything - no problem.

Hey guys there is a manual on sd card. Thanks this is really good stuff and I think this is what everyone needs

Just lamintate the card, carry it with you, give to the person asking the question and tell them to tell you.
No, 'YOU" should know B4UFLY and never rely upon others to tell you, what "YOU" should know. These are not toys,but confiscated flying machines and extreme knowledge and caution must be taken at all times!

Slider on the right end of the transmitter is a speed control. Turtle and Rabbit. Changing the slider position should adjust the speed for all the functions. Works that way with Yuneec's other stutff.

Slider on the right end of the transmitter is a speed control. Turtle and Rabbit. Changing the slider position should adjust the speed for all the functions. Works that way with Yuneec's other stutff.

Finally believe I have the secret to cable cam and varying the speed after flying 3 more packs this evening. After you set your waypoints try these steps.

1. once you get to your 1st point and push the left stick forward (away from you ) to get it started on its path it always seems to go 10-11mph in that direction .

2. Now if you want to slow it down tap the left stick back (toward you) Very Very quickly ALL the way back and letting the stick return to the middle without pausing.
Each time you do this it will slow down about 1 to 2 mph intervals. Keep doing this until you achieve your desired speed.

3. To speed up again to a desired speed reverse this process by tapping the stick briefly the opposite direction. If you want to resume speed right back to the 10-11mph just hold the stick forward a second or two.

4. At any time you hold the stick to long back towards you she will reverse direction. You can use this same process from step 3 to slow her down in the reverse direction but
the stick movement t will be the opposite direction. You must now tap the stick forward to slow her
down. If you hold the stick to long from center she will go in the opposite direction again.

Another thing I have noticed once you get to your last waypoint and she stops you can go backwards on thru each waypoint by pulling back on the left stick.

Once she gets back to route 1 again in reverse direction and stops you can again go forward again by holding the stick forward .

You can go forward and back anytime during the route by holding the stick off from center for a brief moment in the direction you want to go.

Well I hope I have not confused you all but have spent about the last ten flights trying to varying the speed and this is what I have come up with, turtle -rabbit-smart-angle
modes seem to have no changing affects to above mentioned.

NOW CAN SHE GO FASTER THAN 11 MPH !!!

please try it out and post anything new.

Last edited:
Glen, I don't recall this being asked very much but I had questioned the white and purple flashing indicator because this IS NOT in the manual or guide.
Hi Harvey, I wasn't having a dig at you, not by a long shot. It was a broad brush statement to some who have never flown anything and diving head first into an H or any other mid level UAV and wondering what it all means when things aren't going so well.
I'm one of those older buggers who believes in learning to crawl before you run. Oh, and reading manuals too.
Hope your replacement H is all good.

Reactions: HarveyC
Finally believe I have the secret to cable cam and varying the speed after flying 3 more packs this evening. After you set your waypoints try these steps.

1. once you get to your 1st point and push the left stick forward (away from you ) to get it started on its path it always seems to go 10-11mph in that direction.

2. Now if you want to slow it down tap the left stick back (toward you) Very Very quickly ALL the way back and letting the stick return to the middle without pausing.
Each time you do this it will slow down about 1 to 2 mph intervals. Keep doing this until you achieve your desired speed.

3. To speed up again to a desired speed reverse this process by tapping the stick briefly the opposite direction. If you want to resume speed right back to the 10-11mph just hold the stick forward a second or two.

4. At any time you hold the stick to long back towards you she will reverse direction. You can use this same process from step 3 to slow her down in the reverse direction but
the stick movement t will be the opposite direction. You must now tap the stick forward to slow her
down. If you hold the stick to long she will reverse direction.

Another thing I have noticed once you get to your last waypoint and she stops ,you can go backwards on the route again by pulling back the left stick twice (hold there for a second or so
each time ) and she will reverse the route.

It does not seem to let you go forward again until you go backwards all the way back to waypoint 1 again. And then you can push the stick forward twice again and run the route all over again. But as before it will not let you go backward from point 1 again unless you run the complete route again.

You can go forward and back anytime during the route as long as she does not stop at point 1.

Well I hope I have not confused you all but have spent about the last ten flights trying to varying the speed and this is what I have come up with, turtle -rabbit-smart-angle

Thanks Chris for all the time and effort in help us fiquire this option out! Good Job!

1. once you get to your 1st point and push the left stick forward (away from you ) to get it started on its path it always seems to go 10-11mph in that direction.

down. If you hold the stick to long she will reverse direction.

Another thing I have noticed once you get to your last waypoint and she stops ,you can go backwards on the route again by pulling back the left stick twice (hold there for a second or so
each time ) and she will reverse the route.

It does not seem to let you go forward again until you go backwards all the way back to waypoint 1 again. And then you can push the stick forward twice again and run the route all over again. But as before it will not let you go backward from point 1 again unless you run the complete route again.

You can go forward and back anytime during the route as long as she does not stop at point 1.

We need to compile a manual on this forum with posts like this. Someone want to compile a "greatest tips thread" that we can pin to the top of the forum. It needs to be organized with an up to date index on 1st page. Who has read every post and is up to the task? There has been great research done by us and just needs compiled for easy access. I'm always saying to myself, where did I read that great tip? Organization is not my forte but one of you on here could do a bang up job on this.

Reactions: DroneClone
We need to compile a manual on this forum with posts like this. Someone want to compile a "greatest tips thread" that we can pin to the top of the forum. It needs to be organized with an up to date index on 1st page. Who has read every post and is up to the task? There has been great research done by us and just needs compiled for easy access. I'm always saying to myself, where did I read that great tip? Organization is not my forte but one of you on here could do a bang up job on this.
Agree 100% with you Pharkas!

Thanks Chris for all the time and effort in help us fiquire this option out! Good Job!

Thanks as it was frustrating me and knew there had to be a way to do this, I did just make a update to the wording because I forgot that my first and last waypoints where in almost the same spot.

Why is there not this info in the manual is beyond me.

Last edited:
Thanks as it was frustrating me and knew there had to be a way to do this, I did just make a update to the wording because I forgot that my first and last waypoints where in almost the same spot.

Why is there not this info in the manual is beyond me.
I am sure they will post in time soon ! But to give you an option with no info to use, is beyond me too! Videos by people like Simome and others and great trial and error devotion of those such as yourself will be the MOST informative!;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval