Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Alternate Backpack for Typhoon H?

Reaction score
Has anyone out there done any research into an alternate backpack for the Typhoon H? not that it has to be necessarily for the H but maybe a suitcase, backpack, with a full zipper to open? also does anyone out there have the specs or dimensions of the foam that comes with the H? I like the backpack that is selling from Yuneec, however I'm sure there are more versatile cheaper options that don't require waiting periods.
Thanks.

I have not measured or seen the packing insert that comes with the H, but for airline travel purposes, I've started looking into alternate cases as well and so far this one has caught my eye: Pelican 1510-000-110 Carry On Case with Pick 'N' Puck Foam

Reactions: Malibu_Rod
Nice idea, Pelicans are great cases as you know and for $170 too. Not a backpack obviously tho and the interior dimension of 7.6" seems tight.

I have not measured or seen the packing insert that comes with the H, but for airline travel purposes, I've started looking into alternate cases as well and so far this one has caught my eye: Pelican 1510-000-110 Carry On Case with Pick 'N' Puck Foam
There is a backpack strap attachment available on amazon for the Pelican 1510. essentially makes it a hands free Peli. looks like good padding on the hips and back as well

any other cases for the H? Going to Costa Rica need a case? ahhhhhhhh trying not to spend 350 dollars......ugh....

I purchased the backpack and I am sure it is not carryon compliant. I am just going to purchase bubblewrap and tape and secure it well and carry it on with a Special Ops backpack that I have for airplane travel.

Reactions: Snagglesworth
I know somebody asked this but I can't find the answer. Can you transport your H on its side? I was just thinking about putting the whole back pack in a box and just check it. That way I have the back pack when I get to Costa Rica......

Johnny, I honestly would not risk it. I have a trip to Puerto Rico soon and I would really love to check my backpack but I just don't trust them. I am going to purchase bubble wrap and tape and put it in a smaller book bag to carry on with me.

If you're going to Costa Rica I'd suggest getting a Q500 4K case and re-purposing it like the guy in this video. I found a couple on eBay for around $120-200 depending on the seller and the style (original or updated one with a "trolley" handle and wheels).

Last edited:
If you're going to Costa Rica I'd suggest getting a Q500 4K case and re-purposing it like the guy in this video. I found a couple on eBay for around $120-200 depending on the seller and the style (original or updated one with a "trolley" handle and wheels).

Is the Q500 4K case carry on size compliant?

Does anyone know whether the Yuneec H hard backpack fits the requirements for airline carry on luggage

Reactions: eric bee
Ryanair cabin bag max size is 55cm x 40cm x 20cm so the 20cm dimension would not allow it. Thats going by the foam insert size. Its 28.5 cms high.

I just ordered a Pelican 1610. It looked to me that the Pelican 1510 would be too small.

Inside depth of the Pelican 1610 is 10 5/8". All other measurements are more than adequate. The Typhoon H is 10in high with landing gear down. That's only a 1/4 inch difference but it should fit. Not sure if one can raise the landing gear for travel mode. That would provide a lot more room, but I may have to remove the camera and gimbal. That might also be a good way to go if that is easy to do. Either way, it would require one to check their luggage with the airline. However, the Pelicans are made very sturdy and can be locked. The Yuneec H hard backpack cannot be securely locked.

I purchased the backpack and I am sure it is not carryon compliant. I am just going to purchase bubblewrap and tape and secure it well and carry it on with a Special Ops backpack that I have for airplane travel.
I was thinking the same....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22