Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Alternative lens for CGO3

I bought the company PixAero lens. Put, but did not have time to check and compare - stopped working gimbal - disappeared voltage for him with Typhoon. I sent in for repair.

I'm curious what the narrower fov will look like. I agree with those that have refocused their lens that it looks very good! .
I bought the company PixAero lens. Put, but did not have time to check and compare - stopped working gimbal - disappeared voltage for him with Typhoon. I sent in for repair.

I bought the Peau productions 3.97mm lens and installed it on my GoPro 3+ black. I was going to put it on my H but after refocusing the original lens, it was plenty good enough for me. I found that the Peau lens is not as contrasty as the original GoPro one.
For the CGO3+, I followed Bo Lorenzen's video to open up the camera and remove the glue on the lens. I put a pencil mark on the lens mount and a series of marks on the lens barrel about 1/32" apart. I reassembled the camera and took a series of photos, rotating the lens one mark clockwise between each shot. I included subjects at about 5 feet, 20 feet, 100 feet and infinity. I brought the images up side by side at 1:1 (using Faststone Image viewer) and picked the one that was sharpest at distances of 20 feet and beyond, and reset the lens at that mark. Objects at 5 feet were still acceptably sharp but not a 2 or 3 feet.

I wish there were more test videos other than this one. It's hard to really see the detail with all the clouds.
Test Video lens PixAero3.77 mm

I took this step of the lens shift, as I had my doubts as the lens installation, photo and video I showed above in the subject line.

I think it's great we are getting more options for lenses for the H. The new narrower FOV lens from Peau and now the PixAero. I'd like to see more "user" experiences with the PixAero lens before going through the replacement procedure. Thanks ComradD for getting an English link for us that's very helpful.

I think it's great we are getting more options for lenses for the H. The new narrower FOV lens from Peau and now the PixAero. I'd like to see more "user" experiences with the PixAero lens before going through the replacement procedure. Thanks ComradD for getting an English link for us that's very helpful.

I am with you on this. Keiths on the other thread has carried out the work so just need to see the results and then order. The russian demo looks very good on my 50" Sony 4k tv.

Reactions: Markinter
Just seen Keiths latest 'Pixaero focus test' 28/09/2016 duration 2'02" on YT. Wow! Pixaero looks very good. in some shots there is a TV mast (Mendip) in the far distance that is beautifuly sharp without looking artificial on my Sony Bravia 4K Tv. Keiths phone may have posted here but I have not found it yet.

yuneec are sending me a new camera as mines is out of focus and quite soft in general.

debating trying one of these but are there any UK dealers?

Amazed you knew it was Mendip , Somerset.

Just seen Keiths latest 'Pixaero focus test' 28/09/2016 duration 2'02" on YT. Wow! Pixaero looks very good. in some shots there is a TV mast (Mendip) in the far distance that is beautifuly sharp without looking artificial on my Sony Bravia 4K Tv. Keiths phone may have posted here but I have not found it yet.

That is really good.:)
Keith, is that shot with the the recent firmware update?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin