Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Alternative lens for CGO3

I am originally from Zummerzet. You were brave flying today, what weather!

Hi, Yes with the latest firmware ( had to recal everything, compass twice as toilet bowled initially). Weather was mot to bad just overcast with a 8 mph steady wind, lighting conditions hard for the sensor light/dark. YouTube compression has messed some of the corners up a bit and some of the bog grass looks a bit fuzzy, but that is not the lens but the camera itself. Overall a lot better than stock IMOH and the FOV is much better. When I ordered it took around 2 weeks to arrive. They could do with some better (English etc) documentation to go with it. Overall though the service was good.

Hi keiths,

Too bad you couldn't have focused original lens it crazy how they stopped using threads! It'd have been nice to see the difference between the oem refocused and the new lens. Hope you get some clear windless weather so you can upload more videos for us fence sitters :) I'm very intrigued by the 8.25 lens too. I could have P3P do the wide stuff and H with the rest.

From your latest video the center looks great, nice detail in those trees. Video compression on YT etc can really mess the original footage up so it's hard to tell what the edges look like. If you get a chance can you upload a still image taken in photo mode? Thanks for taking the time to keep us informed.

Mark

Hi keiths,

Too bad you couldn't have focused original lens it crazy how they stopped using threads! It'd have been nice to see the difference between the oem refocused and the new lens. Hope you get some clear windless weather so you can upload more videos for us fence sitters :) I'm very intrigued by the 8.25 lens too. I could have P3P do the wide stuff and H with the rest.

From your latest video the center looks great, nice detail in those trees. Video compression on YT etc can really mess the original footage up so it's hard to tell what the edges look like. If you get a chance can you upload a still image taken in photo mode? Thanks for taking the time to keep us informed.

Mark

Photo mode DNG please :)

Hi see below, you have to consider that this was a quite a dark day so a bit of colour noise in the picture, ( not cleaned up) this is the sensor not a lens issue.

Attachments

• mineries.jpg
    mineries.jpg
    8.7 MB · Views: 54
Reactions: Markinter
I think Keith has done a good job with the fitting of the new holder. On my 4K TV it looks good right across the shot. Subjectively this looks as good as the Peau lens to me.

If you look at the blow up of the Mast you can actually also see the support wires,

Attachments

• blow up.jpg
    blow up.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 42
  • YUN00004.jpg
    YUN00004.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
Reactions: Graham
Just seen Keiths latest 'Pixaero focus test' 28/09/2016 duration 2'02" on YT. Wow! Pixaero looks very good. in some shots there is a TV mast (Mendip) in the far distance that is beautifuly sharp without looking artificial on my Sony Bravia 4K Tv. Keiths phone may have posted here but I have not found it yet.

soft side on top left would like to see some footage strait from SD card and uploaded to Google drive Youtube degrades video

Is that the lens or the plane on which the holder sits not being flat? Or perhaps the holder base not being flat?
It was breezy in the video and that could account for some softness from movement and possibly slow shutter speed due to not great lighting conditions so I'm hoping the weather clears up so we can see how it looks under better lighting. Your eyes are probably better than mine though.

The sensor itself struggles with definition on some of the finer grass, a lot of small sensor struggle especially in the green when there is a lack of contrast. Weather looks crap for a few days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimal khan