Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Altitude increase while sitting

Reaction score
Anybody having issues with their h gradually increasing altitude while it sits before takeoff? I'm sure I am performing calibrations correctly but maybe im missing something? Any advice?

It is normal to see the altitude change a little before motor start but once you start the motors, the altitude will be set to zero at that point. Are you seeing this with motors on or off?

Reactions: ArealDynamics
The altitude reading is based on a barometer in the aircraft. The barometer that the H uses is not the most accurate in the world and the height it says your aircraft is should not be taken too literally. To see an increase on the ground is quite normal for this aircraft. Things that may make the altitude 'appear' to go up include the aircraft warming up and obviously the natural changes in air pressure.

Note that when in flight the actual altitude that the aircraft is at can be a good several feet different from what the display is saying. That should be taken into account when setting up a CCC route.

The altitude reading is based on a barometer in the aircraft. The barometer that the H uses is not the most accurate in the world and the height it says your aircraft is should not be taken too literally. To see an increase on the ground is quite normal for this aircraft. Things that may make the altitude 'appear' to go up include the aircraft warming up and obviously the natural changes in air pressure.

Note that when in flight the actual altitude that the aircraft is at can be a good several feet different from what the display is saying. That should be taken into account when setting up a CCC route.

^^^ This! :D

It is normal to see the altitude change a little before motor start but once you start the motors, the altitude will be set to zero at that point. Are you seeing this with motors on or off?
Thanks Ty. So yes the H is resetting to zero once the props engage. One thing to note... If I start the props then shut them down and engage them again for a total of two times during the same sitting before take off the altitude seems to perform more accurately.

Thanks Ty. So yes the H is resetting to zero once the props engage. One thing to note... If I start the props then shut them down and engage them again for a total of two times during the same sitting before take off the altitude seems to perform more accurately as does the ST16 distance to Hex.

Reactions: 2dextreme

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
schallawalla