Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

am I crazy for passing on this

Reaction score
my father in law is selling a lightly used h920 he's trying to get 3k for it all but told me he would sell it to me to $1650

my question is am I crazy for not buying it from him. how much would the v18 camera sell for used? I have no use for it.

here's everything it comes with

Yuneec Tornado H920
1 CGO4 new professional video system including the gimbal and handheld unit
1 V-18 Zoom inspection and survey camera system. new in opened box.
2 ea. Yuneec ST-24 controller which allows binding both units simultaneously for separate pilot and cinematographer.
7 ea. Yuneec original equipment batteries ( two still in unopened box so new)
2 ea. Aftermarket high capacity batteries nib also
1 extended range antenna system for the ST-24
10 ea. extra snap-on style Yuneec carbon fiber propellors
1 Yuneec additional quick mount propellor adaptor kit
Instructions, battery meters, extra mounting hardware, wheels for the case and a bunch of gear that I may have overlooked.

I'm a professional photographer who wants to get into videography, so potentially in the future, doing realestate I could make that back in a few shoots.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I'm a professional photographer who wants to get into videography, so potentially in the future, doing realestate I could make that back in a few shoots.
Have you seen the H920? It's designed as a heavy lift aircraft which makes it very large.
For real estate photography a smaller unit might be more suitable. I'm not trying to talk you out of the purchase, but you need to understand the size of that aircraft.

Reactions: Docdor
This video will give you an idea of the size. This is the compass calibration procedure:

I was tempted when they were being sold here new at £1200. But it's big, but a good looking machine.

That's a great deal. But I'll give my standard warning.. "Buyer Beware, If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is". If you have $1650 to risk, go for it. Just remember that Yuneec is hard to reach and customer support is almost non-extant.

If you have the money, the willingness to deal with the size and amount of gear, and the time/incination to learn the system and fly it effectively - go for it! Value seems there with all the extras. Yuneec company problems are the worst part of it. Seems like buying an older Cadilac Escalade rather than a newer Cadillac ATS. If everything works, luxury on a big scale. If there's problems, $$$/frustration. You've got your father-in-law to shame into helping, not always true when you buy something like this from a third party.

Reactions: Docdor
my father in law is selling a lightly used h920 he's trying to get 3k for it all but told me he would sell it to me to $1650

my question is am I crazy for not buying it from him. how much would the v18 camera sell for used? I have no use for it.

Yuneec Tornado H920
2 ea. Yuneec ST-24 controller which allows binding both units simultaneously for separate pilot and cinematographer.
Instructions, battery meters, extra mounting hardware, wheels for the case and a bunch of gear that I may have overlooked.
I'll trade you an H+, with extras for it ?

If you have your FAA 107 license...otherwise it'll be one pricey kit! Does it come w/ the CGO4? Kind of iffy w the St24 controller, also that V18 from what I read is "terrible", just gotta remember the 920 does not have the quick release props.
Honestly, think you would be better off keeping your H+ rig. The H920 is going to be hard to get parts for, and Yuneec no longer supports that setup anymore.Since it went the way of the dodo bird.

Reactions: tverdier

Yuneec Tornado H920
I think it's a good deal BUT I would try and find out what is going on at Yuneec first to see if they have closed for good in US. I just bought another H after my first was stolen. I probably wouldn't have but didn't know what was going on at Yuneec.

As described that rig originally sold for ~$7500. If contemplating pro photography the CGO-4 will certainly do the job if you do yours.

At $1650, if it all worked like new I’d be all over it. The only thing you’d need to do is to replace the batteries with something different.

As the 920 is a discontinued model it really doesn’t matter what Yuneec is doing. Just don’t fly dumb and crash it. It’s not a hot rod and too big to stuff into small spaces.

Reactions: Xpfreak and MikeDV
If you have your FAA 107 license...otherwise it'll be one pricey kit! Does it come w/ the CGO4? Kind of iffy w the St24 controller, also that V18 from what I read is "terrible", just gotta remember the 920 does not have the quick release props.
Honestly, think you would be better off keeping your H+ rig. The H920 is going to be hard to get parts for, and Yuneec no longer supports that setup anymore.Since it went the way of the dodo bird.
I'll be honest I've not done any research on the legality of drone sizes and licensing.

Last edited:
I'll be honest I've not done any research on the legality of drone sizes and licensing.
Registration is the same for the 920 as any other RC aircraft weighing less than 55 lbs. Likewise, there is no difference in the 107 certification for commercial use.

As for quick disconnect props, the only difference in props between the 920 and the 920 Plus is the addition of quick connect fittings on 920 Plus kits. With a little effort those can be obtained and installed motors and props using a couple screws with no other prop modifications.

The person calling the CGO-4 “iffy” has obviously never used one or worked with images and video captured by one. It’s an excellent camera, providing more control over imaging than most multirotor camera on the market.

As for quick disconnect props, the only difference in props between the 920 and the 920 Plus is the addition of quick connect fittings on 920 Plus kits. With a little effort those can be obtained and installed motors and props using a couple screws with no other prop modifications.

The person calling the CGO-4 “iffy” has obviously never used one or worked with images and video captured by one. It’s an excellent camera, providing more control over imaging than most multirotor camera on the market.
The CGO4 is not the "iffy" camera here, it's the V18 camera,
I have an H920 plus with the CGO4, and yes, that camera is superb, beauty is that Olympus lenses fit that mount and are readily available.
Genuine Authentic Deals, sells a limited supply of parts for the H920, motor, motor mounts, props, prop adapters, arm tubes etc...all at fairly decent prices as well. Rate them A1+++, never disappointed me for parts.
Kinda find the handheld gimbal setup for this camera a horror...really useless, a halfbaked idea if you ask me...
One thing of note is the batteries that come with this hex are atrociously underpowered. Suggest getting aftermarket batteries that will fit the cavity. Currently am able to use 2 4500MAH batteries in the compartment, only thing you have to pay attention is, is the dimensions of the battery & that the lead is EC3 male.

Reactions: Mike Irish
he unloaded it all on me with a typhoon H thrown in for free lol. also it's a h920 plus Believe because it has the quick release and attach blades. I'm so excited to use this beast.

he unloaded it all on me with a typhoon H thrown in for free lol. also it's a h920 plus Believe because it has the quick release and attach blades. I'm so excited to use this beast.
You gotta be lovin life right now ? Enjoy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval