Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

An grain or less of prevention or not

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals, I've read where a great deal of you are losing you cameras on hard landings due to the way Yuneec has it being secured by the rubber dampers alone.
I have a question that maybe someone could help me understand. Why not just loosely tie a few loops of Spider wire fishing line around the base and camera platform? This way if your camera does come loose it won't pull the wires out damaging the camera. Also color code the wires with the pins prior just encase it did come apart, this could save you the hassle of having to send your unit in only to wait a month to get it back. If someone knows of a reason this can't or shouldn't be done please let me know.
Remember I said tie it loose because you want no interference with the vibrations caused by flight etc..
Also I would recommend Spider Wire fishing line due to its flexability and strength vs regular fishing line.

you are right to use a type of fishing line or zip ties just loose enugf so the gimbel to camera can still move freely , there is one other thing you can use a Yuneec Q500 Full Carbon Fiber Gimbal camera guard . i have one and it also firms up the landing struts , it mite just save your camera and it's not that expensive compared to a $300 camera .gimble guard.jpg

I too use two zip ties and take off and land on 3' X 3' piece of cardboard. On a rare occasion I snag it from mid-air.
Alan

image.jpeg
Does anyone have a q500 case for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honesty I had a Yuneec case until they lost it, when they sent me a new drone it came in a cardboard box, I opted to go to Home Depot and get the Huskey case, I can put more in it, never take my props off and it has wheels to boot. Worth the $54 bucks IMO the foam over the props works great also, just place bottom stock foam in, lose the top and everything stays in place. Bolton bag in pic. has my charger and extra cables and the others is GoPro stuff. It also locks far more secure than Yuneec case.

you are right to use a type of fishing line or zip ties just loose enugf so the gimbel to camera can still move freely , there is one other thing you can use a Yuneec Q500 Full Carbon Fiber Gimbal camera guard . i have one and it also firms up the landing struts , it mite just save your camera and it's not that expensive compared to a $300 camera .View attachment 3267

How well does it fit in case with that attached?

How well does it fit in case with that attached?
it wont fit in the case when attached but take one screw out from one landing strut and insert the brace in place that's all it takes , it is that easy , i use Velcro strips they keep the brace in place just as good as wire ties . as i said before it makes the landing struts much stronger and not wobble . works for me .

it wont fit in the case when attached but take one screw out from one landing strut and insert the brace in place that's all it takes , it is that easy , i use Velcro strips they keep the brace in place just as good as wire ties . as i said before it makes the landing struts much stronger and not wobble . works for me .

Where did you buy the camera support?

Hi guys and gals, I've read where a great deal of you are losing you cameras on hard landings due to the way Yuneec has it being secured by the rubber dampers alone.
I have a question that maybe someone could help me understand. Why not just loosely tie a few loops of Spider wire fishing line around the base and camera platform? This way if your camera does come loose it won't pull the wires out damaging the camera. Also color code the wires with the pins prior just encase it did come apart, this could save you the hassle of having to send your unit in only to wait a month to get it back. If someone knows of a reason this can't or shouldn't be done please let me know.
Remember I said tie it loose because you want no interference with the vibrations caused by flight etc..
Also I would recommend Spider Wire fishing line due to its flexability and strength vs regular fishing line.
I used fishing line tied loosely through the rubber shock mounts as shown in the attached photo

camera.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval