Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

And another blow to Yuneec

What 'cha talking about Willis? (old TV show line).
More info please.
I am aware, there are a few Govt agencies using the EVO for the total lack of NFZ and compact size. That also was mentioned recently on DroneU podcast. Didn't receive that as a flash flood of EVO supporters.
Although, BestBuy has a great buy recently on EVO package for $350 or so off.

You have to check out the young kats that are flying this thing, and putting up contents in YouTube and IG. So far, 4 influencer has reviewed the EVO these past 3mos and Autel has been curating their Instagram, and YOUTUBE page almost daily, posting contents from top members, and the gallery is TOP NOTCH!

Distance test... We kids all loves range test, the kids are flying them (not for the faint of heart and can give the FAA forum police a heart attack) I’m just sitting back right now and enjoying the battle of the drones.

EVOs are $999 ( combo package which is $1,5k)

Got one at Best Buy last week special flash sale... total of $999 included Evo, Go Bundle Pak (2 batteries, props, bag), and BB Gift Card $100.

Now BB special is Evo @ $999 with 1 extra battey and BB Gift card $100. About $183 worth extras.

Got one at Best Buy last week special flash sale... total of $999 included Evo, Go Bundle Pak (2 batteries, props, bag), and BB Gift Card $100.

Now BB special is Evo @ $999 with 1 extra battey and BB Gift card $100. About $183 worth extras.

Dude, wut da!? Let me catch up! lol
I’m getting one soon, after seeing the distance test from different folks, and Autel’s LOG file looks great.

Here’s a blow to Yuneec and also DJI. A bandwagon has gain momentum and social media influencer are slowly riding the Autel Robotics - EVO bus.

For the Breeze and Magic probably, but not for the H520.

For the Breeze and Magic probably, but not for the H520.

We can agree to disagree on things, when I say this. When it comes to mapping, Mavics has been deployed, FPV racing drones are now being used in commercial advertisements.

As a creator it all boils down to connectivity, reliability, and the ability of the machine. The H520 is not making waves in the industry. All show, but no go.

Dude, wut da!? Let me catch up! lol
I’m getting one soon, after seeing the distance test from different folks, and Autel’s LOG file looks great.
Yep, $183 saved... or $83 + $100 Gift card currently active at BestBuy when EVO is purchased. :pLast week was $320 saving; instead of 1 Battery, they were giving the GoPak Bundle (2 batteries, Props & travel bag), and $100 BB gift card.

On comment of these little things are moving, all the fourm chatter is the recent FW upgrade added to their performance noticeably. Next piece to grab is a tablet holder for RC.

As a creator it all boils down to connectivity, reliability, and the ability of the machine. The H520 is not making waves in the industry. All show, but no go.

Ahhh man, I just got my H520 E90... you’re comments aren’t reinforcing my purchase decision, bummer... there goes the neighborhood.:eek:o_O

Last edited:
We can agree to disagree on things, when I say this. When it comes to mapping, Mavics has been deployed, FPV racing drones are now being used in commercial advertisements.

You can use anything, often portability or size to fly in small spaces requires this type of drones, but beyond that, you can not compare. Not as a camera, not in stability or anything like that. And that talking only about photo and video.

When you say that in mapping is used, it is clear that the quality can not be even similar, it all depends on who the map is for.

The use of racing drones in advertisements, is because they are the only drones that can make those quick shots, which are very good, but does not mean that they are good for anything other than that type of shots.

Around here there are people who can tell you without shame that both the P4P, Inspire or H520 are toys in front of the drones they use with professional cameras. And I'm not talking about a RED 8K, I'm talking about canon 5D or similar DSLR cameras. It all depends on what you're looking for.

Anyway I'm not discussing the arguments you've given, just nuance in the league in which Autel competes and it's not the H520 league, which is the forum we are.

Anyway I have followed from the beginning the Autel Evo and I find a very interesting machine, for now of the examples i see, for me would be the winning bet, the winner against DJI and Yuneec, and it is something I love that other players go out into the ring ?

When you say that in mapping is used, it is clear that the quality can not be even similar, it all depends on who the map is for.

Mapping is sooooooooo misunderstood, due to the reliance of an app. I mapped, with a Yuneec Typhoon H Plus, and I map for one of the biggest developer here in US Lennar Developer here in the US. You can map, with a PHONE, and quality? Pix4D and Drone Deploy users are a bit lazy.

Around here there are people who can tell you without shame that both the P4P, Inspire or H520 are toys in front of the drones they use with professional cameras. And I'm not talking about a RED 8K, I'm talking about canon 5D or similar DSLR cameras. It all depends on what you're looking for.

Those people, mean Jack to me. My entry into this business, although I am still an amature, with only 5 years under my belt, I am still learning, and from what I have learned in this industry is to produce quality output. I am not foreign in media service industry, and my entry to construction is a Mavic Pro, however it is a shame for any operator to be dictated by other operators drone equipment, because theirs are bigger and more expensive, because that is a whole bunch of unwanted noise.

If only my Yuneec Typhoon H Plus has great connection that I am able to confidently fly the H Plus blindfolded.. I will manually map more, with the H Plus.

Right now, and to be frankly brutal, Yuneec will continually miss the boat if they keep stalling or limiting the full capabilities for this drones. Quality and Connectivity is what consumers are looking for.

Mapping is sooooooooo misunderstood, due to the reliance of an app. I mapped, with a Yuneec Typhoon H Plus, and I map for one of the biggest developer here in US Lennar Developer here in the US. You can map, with a PHONE, and quality? Pix4D and Drone Deploy users are a bit lazy.

Those people, mean Jack to me. My entry into this business, although I am still an amature, with only 5 years under my belt, I am still learning, and from what I have learned in this industry is to produce quality output. I am not foreign in media service industry, and my entry to construction is a Mavic Pro, however it is a shame for any operator to be dictated by other operators drone equipment, because theirs are bigger and more expensive, because that is a whole bunch of unwanted noise.

If only my Yuneec Typhoon H Plus has great connection that I am able to confidently fly the H Plus blindfolded.. I will manually map more, with the H Plus.

Right now, and to be frankly brutal, Yuneec will continually miss the boat if they keep stalling or limiting the full capabilities for this drones. Quality and Connectivity is what consumers are looking for.

Good video, I liked it :)

Precisely that video is a clear example of what I was telling you. The results you want to get depends on what you want to get or what a customer expects. In that video, between the buildings you have? Shadow. In the areas with enough lighting the work is very simple, but if you want quality in those shady areas with a "small" camera you don't get it and with a "big" yes (I'm not talking about dimensions). Photogrammetric programs, the better the quality of the images they work with, the better and faster they work, and of course, better results, without doing anything, they produce.

As you say, it is important to produce results with quality, but if you use material that does not have enough quality, it is impossible to achieve results with quality. In principle neither the camera of the Evo, nor that of the Magic pro, has the image quality of the C23 or E90. And I'm not talking about Magic Pro 2, with that camera trick trimmed to deceive people.

I also agree that you don't have to be dragged along by anyone who tells you that the camera you use for €5,000 is much better than the one you have that is worth 10 times less. Needless to say, it is an indisputable reality. Everything depends on the quality of the results you want to get, if you want to get good results, or better results, you have to go irremediably for good material and this is always more expensive. When you compare the Evo with Yuneec, without specifying against which dron it fights, that is why I have nuanced it, it is understood that it fights with the H520 as well, and I believe that it does not.

Using H PLUS for manual mapping indicates that you get better results because the camera is better. However, it is a drone that is not dedicated to mapping, so you have to do it manually. We have discussed this a lot when Yuneec released the H PLUS, half the price of the H520, with the same camera and is going to be able to do the same? So Yuneec there put a barrier, the H PLUS focused on photo and video, not photogrammetry. The H520 focused on photogrammetry, and I'm not going to tell you how long we've been asking, from day one, that the H520 has the features to be a good drone also in photo and video. We have broken the throats to ask for it.

As always comrade, it is my opinion, that it has been produced by the comment that @Dougcjohn has made, just now that he has bought the H520 he thinks that he has made a mistake, and according to what he looks for, it has not been thus, if he wants to obtain more quality that with the Evo, he has succeeded.

Good video, I liked it :)

Precisely that video is a clear example of what I was telling you. The results you want to get depends on what you want to get or what a customer expects. In that video, between the buildings you have? Shadow. In the areas with enough lighting the work is very simple, but if you want quality in those shady areas with a "small" camera you don't get it and with a "big" yes (I'm not talking about dimensions). Photogrammetric programs, the better the quality of the images they work with, the better and faster they work, and of course, better results, without doing anything, they produce.

As you say, it is important to produce results with quality, but if you use material that does not have enough quality, it is impossible to achieve results with quality. In principle neither the camera of the Evo, nor that of the Magic pro, has the image quality of the C23 or E90. And I'm not talking about Magic Pro 2, with that camera trick trimmed to deceive people.

I also agree that you don't have to be dragged along by anyone who tells you that the camera you use for €5,000 is much better than the one you have that is worth 10 times less. Needless to say, it is an indisputable reality. Everything depends on the quality of the results you want to get, if you want to get good results, or better results, you have to go irremediably for good material and this is always more expensive. When you compare the Evo with Yuneec, without specifying against which dron it fights, that is why I have nuanced it, it is understood that it fights with the H520 as well, and I believe that it does not.

Using H PLUS for manual mapping indicates that you get better results because the camera is better. However, it is a drone that is not dedicated to mapping, so you have to do it manually. We have discussed this a lot when Yuneec released the H PLUS, half the price of the H520, with the same camera and is going to be able to do the same? So Yuneec there put a barrier, the H PLUS focused on photo and video, not photogrammetry. The H520 focused on photogrammetry, and I'm not going to tell you how long we've been asking, from day one, that the H520 has the features to be a good drone also in photo and video. We have broken the throats to ask for it.

As always comrade, it is my opinion, that it has been produced by the comment that @Dougcjohn has made, just now that he has bought the H520 he thinks that he has made a mistake, and according to what he looks for, it has not been thus, if he wants to obtain more quality that with the Evo, he has succeeded.
Great write... agree with bulk of it!
My take of your statement: Sensors are like film of yester-year... the large format produced superior results compared to a 110 compact due to larger size media and better glass. Same in sensors... Higher grade, larger pixel density, larger meg size... with excellent glass will produce superior results to smaller units.

I don't think you have any argument on that point. The quality requested may have different requirements depending on project or task. As example: Geo terrain scans minimal requirements are MFT if not Full Frame. Other projects less stringent.

But in the end to clarify, reguarding my comment to @RPR... As he knows, was giving a sarcastic razz... playful poke!! I knew the limits and capabilities of the H520 long before purchase and estacticlly happy to find the package and at a super price. I am hopeful the H520 will continue to improve which I feel is a certainty based on last year's improvements. Also, I do think you can begin to use the H520 more for Photography with 3rd party tools now beginning to be available. The UgCS has modes that would work well with autonomous Realty flights as example.

I haven't gotten the EVO out of box yet, but for it's intended purpose.. I think it'll do great too!

Last edited:
Also, I do think you can begin to use the H520 more for Photography with 3rd party tools now beginning to be available. The UgCS has modes that would work well with autonomous Realty flights as example.

Let's hope that Yuneec implements the necessary functions so that it is also a good machine in image and video without having to use third party software, something that we were told actively and passively before launching it to the market.

I haven't gotten the EVO out of box yet, but for it's intended purpose.. I think it'll do great too!

You will tell us, I liked what I saw, inside the pocket drones I think that right now is a good candidate for the crown.

I was introduced to DJI Terra last year in November. I was able to beta test the software, and play the devils advocate. The Terra does not take away from DJI GS Pro. But soon the Terra will replace it. If you are familiar, with DJI GS Pro. Then the Terra should be business as usual.

One thing that Yuneec should really sweat... What if there’s a consumer Hex in the making?

Where can I learn to use the various mapping software available for Yuneeq H520 drone. I am newbie and have no clue where to start. Any help would be highly appreciated. I reside outside of USA.

And another blow to Yuneec.

Notre Dame firefighters used a few DJI drones.
Few interesting points within the short article...
The Mavic Enterprise Dual was used for Thermo Work. Doesn't mention what the Matrice 200 had on board for gear. Article also makes a point referencing the DJI NFZ clearance procedure.

Even more interesting to me was the additional information...
DJI forming a partnership with Los Angeles Fire Department, one of the largest in US. As cities tend to follow the lead & adopt inventory of larger Fire Departments, this will most likely lead to DJI's involvement within multiple US City FD and predictably Law Enforcement Agencies with many Cities often sharing similar resources between agencies. Which would clearly be their market strategy and planning.

Excerpt from Article:
The collaboration may be the first of many for the Chinese company. Earlier this month, DJI announced a Solution Development Partnership with the Los Angeles Fire Department “to create, test and deploy DJI drone technology as an emergency response and preparedness tool,” according to a DJI press release.
“The agreement marks one of DJI’s largest partnerships with a fire-fighting agency in the United States and will provide the LAFD with access to new technologies, training and support to incorporate innovative drone technology into its operations.”
“Through our two-way collaboration, DJI will receive valuable insight into the complexities of deploying drones for emergency situations in one of the most complex urban environments in the nation,” said Bill Chen, Enterprise Partnerships Manager at DJI. “This insight will allow us to continue to refine and develop new technologies that will allow the LAFD and leading public safety agencies around the world to gain more value from life-saving drone technology.”

They have already started with their latest Pro software. To unlock additional features on the Mavic Pro, you must now remove the credit card. Where there can be profit, why not? When I said that Dji could keep people on a leash .....

Reactions: Weldspatter
In the future all drones will be DJI and we will have to pay per flight.
Pay per flight... interesting tangent... as in electronic on-the-fly payments?
Hmmmm... Maybe a new Major player around the corner....
If we could dream... What would it be... a USA, UK, Japan, German company?
Would you fly a Porsche Hex?

This is very dangerous allowing Dji to start looking into our emergency infrastructure.

Reactions: Jal7884
This is very dangerous allowing Dji to start looking into our emergency infrastructure.

What’s dangerous is the notion that Yuneec could do it.

DJI has already been into this, this is nothing new.

If you want to destroy an enemy, you plant an insider.
They got caught trying to spy on our military, now why not go through public entities.
Big brother from China at our back door.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dharminder