Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

And here we go again...

Reaction score
Ok folks. Need some help.

I just had Yuneec send me a new drone after 3 unsuccessful attempts to repair my last one.

I pull it out of the box, update all firmware, calibrate, set it too angle mode and all I get is a red solid, light. I switch to smart, it’s green. I switch to home, and it flashes red. I switch to angle it is solid red. I can power the motors and everything but I was afraid to fly it.

I have gone through everything in my head and cannot come up with the answer. They supposedly sent a brand new one. I had to unpackage it and all. What are the chances this is my second defective unit?!!!

Can anyone let me know what’s up? I am uploading a photo. I put it in my concrete porch to get a better pic of it. I was not trying to take off where it stands there.

Attachments

• B5BA7EB3-05C8-424D-B88D-DE2F77F0359F.jpeg
    B5BA7EB3-05C8-424D-B88D-DE2F77F0359F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 50
First question; does this one do what the last one did?

Second question, why did you “update” the firmware before test flying it? Every software version has worked out of the box.

Third question; might you be color blind? When things work right Home mode is red, Smart mode is green, Angle is purple.

Fourth question; what is the battery voltage?

Last question; how many GPS satellites and is it under a roof?

Thanks for replying.

No. The first had compass errors.

I updated the firmware because the remote had new firmware but the drone had older. There’re both not on the firmware.

No color blind. It is certainly a red light. It does not ever flash purple to white when it is ready. It just stays red.

Tried two brand new fresh charge batteries.

I had 17 satellite and 7 on the st16. And I live in a farm, so no I was in the field each time I tried it.

7 on the ST16 is on the low side for my liking. I don't know the minimum number of satellites seen on the ST 16 required for flight but I certainly wouldn't attempt a flight with anything less than double that amount.

I agree completely. Will not show more than that. And I’m in a field. I haven’t even taken off to fly yet. I just took a video, it won’t let me upload however it cycles purple to red and green and white, and blue then again. This thing is a lemon. This will be my THIRD drone. All with different problems.

Try performing the firmware update again. Be sure to bind both the camera and the aircraft afterwards.

Good call with the original attempt to update. Having different firmware versions between the aircraft and controller is very unusual.

Edit: changed bing to bind in first paragraph.
DoomMeister

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Rubik
I was looking into doing the firmware again, the only reason I didn’t is because it did the same lights before I did the update in the drone. How do I reset it back to factory? I think I’ve seen a YouTube on it, but cannot remember ....

Each firmware update overwrites the last. To go back to “factory” requires going waaay back in the release versions. There’s no way I’m aware of to return to the previous firmware version. It may be possible to obtain your last file version from someone that saved it but I don’t know the system would accept it after uploading the latest version.

@daveupjr You may have some confusion between doing a RESET of the ST16 and what that means. Resetting the ST16 reloads the flight controller in the ST16 as I understand it. It does NOT change the firmware.

As an aside I've not had good luck with OTA firmware updates and have used downloading the firmware to an SD card.

@PatR Comments?

Thanks for all yalls replies. I have scheduled a call with yuneec at 1:45. This is either bad luck or some horrible, and I mean horrible equipment.

Rdonson, I am not familiar with resetting the ST16, do you think that is an option?

All calibrations have been done with a successful great light. I didn’t know of the almanac, so good info there. I did leave the drone on ONE TIME till the drone battery was half empty, and that was the first power on.

Yes or, right after the calibration it flashes green (I’ve read means success) and then reboots on its own. I calibrated the gimble as well, and had to manually restart.

Yes, it will show a green light RIGHT after calibration and before start up. Although, as you pointed out I cannot see anything about a green light. I do see it says if there is a white light, that means unsuccessful, but I do not get a white light.

Could it be a faulty LED light? I fly almost exclusively in angle (Purple), but many times when reviewing a video of the H in flight I can see a very distinct flickering of the indicator light between blue and red and the occasional white. But while flying it appears to the human eye as a solid purple. Could the OP's problem be that; whatever alternates the LED pattern to look purple, be faulty or even the LED itself?

Unless I'm missing something a solid green light indicated wifi connection to the camera or you're in smart mode with GPS lock.

Solid purple should mean GPS lock in angle mode.

Thanks for all the help folks. Just got off the phone , they are sending me a call tag to send this back and they are sending me a NEW one. This will be number 3. . So does anyone have success with these?

Reactions: rdonson

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval